Vredestein Ultrac Satin

The Vredestein Ultrac Satin is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Vredestein Ultrac

Tyre review data from 33 tyre reviews averaging 91% over 147,760 miles driven.

Latest Group Test Results

2020 Gute Fahrt SUV Summer Tyre Test - 5th of 8 tyres

• Positive - High resistance to aquaplaning, short braking distances in the wet, good handling in all conditions, low rolling resistance.
  • Negative - Long dry braking, weak lateral aquaplaning.
  • Overall - Good - A good looking tyre with a good wet performance, but with some drawbacks.

2020 New 17 Inch Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good dry handling.
  • Negative - Very long braking in the dry and wet, average wet handling.

2020 SUV 4x4 Summer Tyre Test - 3rd of 10 tyres

• Positive - Great price / performance ratio, good wet handling, low noise, low rolling resistance.
  • Negative - Average traction on gravel.
Size Fuel Wet Noise Weight
255/60 R18 108W   B A 72 14.75kgs
235/45 R19 99W XL   C A 70 10.98kgs
235/50 R19 99W   C A 70 11.87kgs
255/55 R19 111W XL   B A 72 14.61kgs
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Vredestein Ultrac Satin. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Vredestein Ultrac Satin Reviews

Given 93% while driving a Volkswagen golf 2.0 gt tdi (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Dealer oredred these especially for my car, being so new he hadn't any in stock. In the past I've used Michelin Pilot Sport 3s and Goodyear Eagle F1 AS2. These Veedesteins are up there with the best. Massive improvement over the Bridgestone Potenzas that were on before - much more comfortable, less noise, much better grip. Will definitely buy these again.
257 - tyre reviewed on April 27, 2016
Given 97% while driving a SEAT Leon FR 2.0 tdi 170 (225/40 R18 W) on mostly town for 5,000 spirited miles
Absolutely perfect tires. Great grip both on dry and wet conditions. Excellent break distance. I'm use them mostly on sporty drive style. I recommend them for sure.
29 - tyre reviewed on April 12, 2019
Given 91% while driving a Mazda CX7 (235/55 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 500 average miles
Look I can't say much about this tyre because I bought them only one month ago but what I can tell you already is that it has great grip and is very good on steering the vehicule into corners. Comfort is much better than the Michelin's which were very expensive and didn't hold out for long...
20 - tyre reviewed on October 22, 2018
Have you driven on the Vredestein Ultrac Satin tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Vredestein Ultrac Satin? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Vredestein Ultrac Satin >

Latest Vredestein Ultrac Satin Reviews

Given 100% while driving a Skoda (205/40 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
When choosing new tyres I looked into a whole range of factors and eventually plumpt for Vredestein Ultrac Satin. I was replacing a set of Pirelli P zero nero that were dire. The Vredestein tyres are with out doubt the best tyres I have fitted to a car. Not a make I had come across before I did my research but I am so pleased I did. The transformation in feel and control of my VRS Fabia estate is sensational, I can now truly have some fun with it rather than worrying about when it was going to kill me! The ride has been improved so much, wet weather driving has stopped being a lottery of when will it let go. These new tyres just give firm predictable grip under cornering and braking. I can't conclusively give a view on wear as they haven't been on the car long enough, but unless they wear drastically fast I will definitely use these tyres again.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 27, 2021
Volvo (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I drive a Volvo S60 2.5T with 240hp (2008). I have had the car now for 7 years, and have driven the car with new Michelin Primacy 3, and subsequently with Goodyear Asymmetric 3. The Michelins were worn out after 25.000km. Big disappointment. The Goodyears lasted about 35.000km, but at the end they were a nightmare: no traction at all in wet weather. After reading the reviews, I decided to try the Vredestein Ultrac Satins. These are hands down the best tyres I have ever had. Exceptional handling in the wet! Superb road feel back, and the ride is so quiet!! Bumps in the road seem like non-existent. I've had these tyres now for about a month and have driven some 2000 km, and they constantly astound me in their quality. Of course, I cannot say anything about the wear, but I am really impressed. This has nothing to do about a budget tyre: this is pure quality!
0 - tyre reviewed on December 17, 2020
Given 81% while driving a BMW 525D (225/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
In general very good tyre.. But based on reviews, i am little bit confused.. They are much better on dry. I am not so confident on wet with them, especially on lower speed in sharp corners. Excellent braking on both dry and wet.
6 - tyre reviewed on June 18, 2020
Given 92% while driving a Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 TCDI (235/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
- excellent in low NOISE: this is for the speed up to 120 Km/hour - excellent in Comfort: compared to previous Michelins and Dunlops are Ultra Satin tyres better - average diesel consumption went down by 0,6l / 100 km - handling on very wet road is predictible - after 2000 miles I can not value WEAR, because is not adequate.
9 - tyre reviewed on May 29, 2020
Given 99% while driving a Saab Automobile 93 Aero 1.9 TTiD (225/40 R18 W) on mostly town for 25,000 average miles
Had it for 4 years on a saab ttid sc wearing them in dry greek weather but also on rainy winter days..no different on handling I any condition. bit noisy but at the end you get a top tyre much cheaper than the premium.I will get then again.
19 - tyre reviewed on February 28, 2020
29 - tyre reviewed on April 12, 2019
Given 92% while driving a Opel insignia (245/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Very impressed by how they behave on Swedish roads. Bought them for their high ratings on comfort/sound but I am more impressed by the handling. This is the more relaxed version of ultrac and it makes my car feel more sporty than ever with previous sport contacts. Wonder what the sporty ultracs feel like
11 - tyre reviewed on March 31, 2019
Peugeot (205/55 R16 W) on mostly motorways for 0 easy going miles
I have Vredestein Sportrac 5 for 3 years. Excellent tyres. But still 2 monthes i put Vredestein Ultrac Satin. This tyre is more better than Sportrac 5 especially in the field of comfort.Τhe car goes like a train on rails.I am impressed by
Vredestein and especially from the new Ultrac Satin.Ι'll follow Vredestein and I suggest the above tires unreservedly.
20 - tyre reviewed on December 22, 2018
Given 93% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (215/55 R16 W) on mostly town for 45,000 average miles
excellent grip in wet and dry roads after 45000 km ...good comfort ...better than michelin primacy 2 i used before
20 - tyre reviewed on December 11, 2018