Yokohama Advan Fleva V701

The ADVAN FLEVA V701 tyre reinforces the company's premium product line ADVAN, with a new concept focused on increasing drivers control of the car. The new high-performance sport tire brings greater driving pleasure to a diverse group of car owners, from sport car lovers to drivers of limousines, compact cars and CUVs.

The new tyre will be available from July 2016 in 24 sizes, with 43 sizes ranging from 195/55R15 85V to 255/30R20 92W available in early 2017.

Tyre review data from 51 tyre reviews averaging 80% over 359,073 miles driven.

The Advan Fleva V701 is ranked 37th of 137 Summer Ultra High Performance tyres.

2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout - 16th of 45 tyres

2019 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Test - 14th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Short dry braking, low noise, low fuel use.
  • Negative - Average grip and handling in the wet, high wear.
  • Overall - Conditionally recommended.

2018 Auto Review 225/45 R17 Tyre Test - 9th of 11 tyres

2019 Tyre Tests

• 14th: 2019 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Test (225/45 R17)
  • 16th: 2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout (225/45 R17)
  • 2018 Tyre Tests

• 9th: 2018 Auto Review 225/45 R17 Tyre Test (225/45 R17)
  • 2017 Tyre Tests

• 15th: 2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Shootout (225/50 R17)
  • 19th: 2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Test (225/50 R17)
  • Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Yokohama Advan Fleva V701

Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Yokohama Advan Fleva V701. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Advan Fleva V701 Prices

Top 3 Yokohama Advan Fleva V701 Reviews

Honda Civic (205/50 R16) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
    Using this tire and I am on my 3rd month. So far so good. Excellent traction on dry surface and wet. With 300 treadwear AA traction A temperature.
    Helpful 535 - tyre reviewed on October 16, 2016
    Given 57% while driving a Toyota Wish (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
    Had being this tyre for 5 month now ,
    This tyre is good only below the speed of 120kmh
    If drive using this tyre above 120kmh , beware (dangerous)
    Will never buy again
    Helpful 184 - tyre reviewed on March 18, 2017
    Given 89% while driving a Subaru BRZ (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,500 miles
    Best budget performance tyres for my brz.
    Comfort is irrelevant as this car does not have great insulation.
    Dry..wet...not an issue.. tackle with confidence.
    Handling and braking...I have no complaints..
    Will review on a later date when they reach 10000 miles.
    Helpful 96 - tyre reviewed on March 10, 2018
    Have you driven on the Yokohama Advan Fleva V701 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Yokohama Advan Fleva V701? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Yokohama Advan Fleva V701 >

Latest Yokohama Advan Fleva V701 Reviews

Given 69% while driving a Toyota Corolla T Sport E12 (195/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 17,500 spirited miles
    A good all-round tyre for the somewhat sportier driver. The tyre grips decently and has some good feedback. They are nowhere as sporty as Pilot Sports, but they corner nicely. They handle well in the dry and decent in the wet. The tyres have never lost traction or aquaplaned in any situation I've been in. The only bit lacking was some highway stability. I've had pretty good fuel consumption and wear results throughout the years I've had these on. They have lost 3,5 mm of profile since autumn 2017 with frequent pressure checks. The sidewall does start to crack a bit and the rubber compound has lost most of its freshness by now.
    Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on May 22, 2022
    Given 73% while driving a Honda Fit (Jazz) (195/50 R16) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
    For me this tyre is really good with the price given. Early life tyre is so good. I can drove the car at the coner with really good speed. After 1 year of usage can see abit difference, tyre not grip as when it in early life but still ok and good. When u drove at puddle really good due the tyre design.
    Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on April 7, 2022
    Want the best Performance summer tyre? Click here!
    Given 81% while driving a Mazda 6 (235/45 R19) on mostly town for 25,000 spirited miles
    TL;DR: If your car comes equipped with touring summer tyres, the V701 is a great upgrade. If you're lucky enough that your car comes with the usual premium UHP tyres equipped (CSC5/6, PS4/4S, S007A, etc), the V701 might not be for you. Context: Do note - I live in Singapore, where it never snows. The weather is usually around 30+ degrees Celsius all year round, and we have 180 rainy days per year, give or take. I've always loved symmetrical unidirectional tyres. My purchase history includes tyres such as the Yokohama ES100, Dunlop SP Sport Maxx, Hankook V12 (yuck), Hankook RS2, Yokohama AD08 and Toyo R1R. These aforementioned tyres were not purchased for the Mazda 6, of course. My Mazda 6 was a mid-life purchase as I graduated from fun cars into something a little more comfy. When i took delivery of my Mazda 6 in 2017, the stock tyres were Bridgestone's T001 in 225/45/19. Tyre reviews are always subjective, so please bear these stock tyres in mind. Suffice to say - I used the T001 for 10k km before I decided they were shite and didn't do justice to the 6. Even threw on camber bolts to tweak the 6's neutral front camber to 1.5 degrees to eke out more cornering grip from the T001. Didn't help much. I really wish Mazda had found a better OEM tyre. V701 Review: Some time in early 2018, when I finally had enough of the stock T001, I found Yokohama's V701 and realised that they were priced very reasonably (in Singapore at least), especially for made-in-Japan 19-inch tyres. Being a fan of symmetrical tyres, I slapped them on (in a slightly-upsized 235/45/19) and drove them for a good 4 years in our blistering weather. First up - the V701 isn't especially noisy when new. They did get loud towards the end (but never uncomfortably so), and were reasonably quiet for the first 20k km. The sidewalls aren't especially stiff either, so they do offer you a decent amount of comfort. FWIW, I usually ran 240Pa (34PSI) for the front tyres and 230Pa (33PSI) on the rear. On initial turn-in, the tyre does give you a slightly vague feeling, but once the weight has loaded up, the tyre provides a very high level of grip and confidence throughout corners. At the limit, the tyres won't break traction suddenly. Understeer sets in progressively, allowing you to make corrections way in advance. Wet weather grip is also surprisingly good. Braking and cornering in the wet is definitely confidence inspiring. My wife (who also drove my car occasionally) remarked that the car braked way better with the V701 vs the stock tyres. I've never driven these tyres to the limit in the wet, but they gripped very well through the usual expressway puddles (ponds?) created by Singapore's typical thunderstorms. Wear was surprisingly decent for this tyre. After 4 years and 40k km on a heavy (1500kg+) FWD car with camber bolts installed, the tyres were *almost* down to the tread wear indicators. To be fair, I religiously rotated the tyres front and rear every 6 months, and at the 2-year/20k km mark, I had them cross rotated (cost a bit more) so that I could evenly wear out the inside/outside of the tyres - a lovely perk of symmetrical tyres. I would definitely buy these tyres again. The V701 definitely matched the Mazda 6 very well, and provided a very good balance of comfort and grip. For the time being, I've swapped them out to try Bridgestone's new Potenza Sport since they were also priced very attractively. These are my first asymmetrical tyres I've purchased in decades and if they disappoint, I will be re-purchasing the V701 again for sure.
    Helpful 30 - tyre reviewed on March 12, 2022
    Given 74% while driving a Lexus RX300 (235/55 R18) on a combination of roads for 45,000 spirited miles
    My favourite tyre of all till this moment. Drove it for 4 years on my SUV. All 4 years it had constant performance. Works very well when hot. The thing i liked the most is that this tyre got very good grip and it starts to squeek in corner way before loosing grip. So you always know on dry road exactly how much grip you still have. Also it heats up fast and dries quickly in heavy rain. Never got aquaplaning, awful for offroading, absolutely no traction in mud. I noticed drop in performance on the fourth year of using.
    Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on January 28, 2022
    Given 80% while driving a Mazda Mazda2 Sport (195/50 R15) on a combination of roads for 200 spirited miles
    Switched to v701 from ad08r, lost traction sightly in the first hard corner where a set of ad08r would have taken with ease. Having said that, there is still enough traction for spirited drive but just don't expect anything close to ad08r's level. Turn in sharpness, road feedback and steering feel are also noticeably weaker than ad08r's, which are a bit disappointing. The strength of v701 are comfort, low road noise and low rolling resistance, something that ad08r cannot provide. While still offer good enough grip for a light and low horsepower car to have a fun spirited drive, when controlled and lively cornering performance is preferred over absolute speed. Yes sometimes too much grip can be less fun. I just miss the great road feedback and steering feel of the ad08r. Guess I'm asking too much.
    Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on December 7, 2021
    Given 83% while driving a BMW 320i (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
    Dry grip is very good. However, it is clear that the limit is reached earlier than desired when in high demand during corners. On wet roads, grip is satisfactory and does not compromise safety. Extremely comfortable and quiet. For the price it is a great value for money.
    Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on November 22, 2021
    Given 86% while driving a Mazda Mazda 3 2,5 sports individual (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
    Been running these tires for all four wheels since early 2021. Dry grip is excellent! I could take turns more aggressively than before. Wet grip on the other hand is okay but I don't feel as confident driving high speeds in the rain with these tires. Road feel and Handling is good, not as sharp and direct feeling as other top tier tires but still pretty good. Daily driving does not wear these tires much, just passed 10k miles and still plenty of tire left but I could imagine using this on track may degrade it much faster. Comfort is where I think these tires absolutely amazed me the most. As soon as I got them on I got less road noise and felt really comfy overall. Overall I feel the V701 tires are great specially with dry grip and comfort. I would not recommend these tires if you drive hard in wet conditions. The 225/45R18 Spec V701 are made in Philippines and being in the same country it was manufactured in might be the reason why I got these tires at a really good price. I highly recommend these tires if you can get them cheap.
    Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2021
    Given 60% while driving a Honda City (195/55 R15) on for 10,000 miles
    dry grip is good but wet grip is overrated
    Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on August 25, 2021
    Given 86% while driving a Mazda MX5 (195/50 R15) on mostly country roads for 500 spirited miles
    Truckloads of dry grip and significantly improved braking performance compared to my old Falkens. Never drive in wet, so cannot comment. For an MX5 there is arguably too much grip, and getting the back end out in the dry now requires levels of provocation that I'm not comfortable applying. Lots of feedback from the road, very positive steering feedback, not at all noisy. Would buy again.
    Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on July 12, 2021
    Given 51% while driving a MINI Cooper S Works (215/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 3,000 miles
    Made my car handle like rubbish. Even after a proper 4 wheel alignment they felt dangerous and made the car skip around the road and tramline.
    Helpful 13 - tyre reviewed on June 20, 2021
    Given 68% while driving a BMW 330d M Sport (255/30 R19) on for 0 miles
    Ride well and a comfortable tyre but wet handling and traction in particular let it down. Wet grip goes quickly and traction is an issue.
    Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on May 16, 2021
    Given 93% while driving a Mazda 3 Skyactiv 2018 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
    I've been running michelin pilot 4 for a couple of years super grippy but the road noise was doing my head in, and rolling resistance was high (has something to do with the grip) it was impressive. However the Advan Flevas are as good and quieter the wear is really good and still the tyres are soft, water dispersion is up there with wets on race tyres, everything has limits. I can say lateral grip when cornering is stable and the tyres will let you know when they want to slide but will catch. Breaking grip on our Mazda SP25 was sublime and confidence inspiring. Then the road noise on different levels of road was noticeable not absent in road noice yet compared to the michelin 4 pilots were 70 percent quiter and that matters when your wife wants you to slow down as she is now gripping your body parts that hard things are actually requiring medical attention. Other than that a fantastic tyre, yes I will be buying these again for the SP 25 2018 hatch Mazda, these tyres suit the car, the original Dunlops maxx sport were wooden and had no confidence in cornering or braking, in saying that these tyres would last a nuclear winter in wear, but provided as much grip as a politician telling you if you vote for him he will fix it what ever that is no questions ask while holding your baby.
    Helpful 16 - tyre reviewed on May 7, 2021