Yokohama BluEarth GT AE51

The Yokohama BluEarth GT AE51 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 19 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 145,360 miles driven.

The BluEarth GT AE51 is ranked 23rd of 139 Summer Premium Touring tyres.

2022 AZ SUV Tyre Test - 10th of 10 tyres

• Overall - Bottom in the wet, lacking grip when it matters. The Yokohama BluEarth-GT AE-51 is better in the dry, although there is no connection to the road and the rolling resistance is too high.

2022 Summer Tyre Market Overview - 23rd of 44 tyres

2022 Tyre Tests

• 10th: 2022 AZ SUV Tyre Test (215/55 R17)
  • 23rd: 2022 Summer Tyre Market Overview (215/55 R17)
  • Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Yokohama BluEarth GT AE51

Questions and Answers for the Yokohama BluEarth GT AE51

2021-10-24 - Hi...Can you compare Yokohama bluearth gt ae51 vs new Vredestein ultrac? Thanks a lot!

I will try to include these tyres in the future!

Top 3 Yokohama BluEarth GT AE51 Reviews

Given 93% while driving a Maruti Udyog swift (185/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 25,000 spirited miles
    Well Yokohama Bluearth GT AE51 tyres are soft compound tyres and offers great grip on dry, braking is excellent, steering feels very light and is very comfortable only it lacks when it comes to fuel efficiency, after crossing speed of 85km/hr fuel efficiency starts dropping rest in every aspect it is mind blowing
    Helpful 160 - tyre reviewed on July 27, 2021
    Given 94% while driving a Toyota 86 GT (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
    Perfect tyre for a Toyota GT86, another world from awful Primacy. Grippy but also nicely malleable at limit. Traction excellent and wearing well too.
    Helpful 58 - tyre reviewed on August 22, 2021
    Given 99% while driving a Volkswagen Jetta 2.0 FSI Sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
    It is a soft tire, comfortable super comfortable, grip and design, no noise is heard, for now one of the best tires surpassing michelin in comfort.
    Helpful 49 - tyre reviewed on August 20, 2021
    Have you driven on the Yokohama BluEarth GT AE51 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Yokohama BluEarth GT AE51? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Yokohama BluEarth GT AE51 >

Latest Yokohama BluEarth GT AE51 Reviews

Given 46% while driving a Toyota Camry (215/55 R17) on mostly town for 5,000 easy going miles
    I bought these after the factory fitted Yokohama advan db Tyre since the same was not available with Yokohama dealers. Very very disappointed. Very hard and make lot of noise in comparison to the oem advan db. I expected grip to be better but not as good as advan db. In fact the mileage is also worse. and road vibrations are so jarring that I am waiting to wear them out so that I can buy the advan db. Found out that I can buy them from Toyota for around the same price i bought these. Worst decision of Tyre in my life.
    Helpful 12 - tyre reviewed on May 27, 2022
    Given 91% while driving a Skoda (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
    First impressions after around 2000 km of drive. City and highway experience. Very good tires. Very reliable feel, great response, low noise, steering wheel on a stiff side (I like it), safe. Comfort: very dependent on the pressure inside the tires. My 215/55/r17 tires had 2.4-2.5 bar after they were mounted. The ride was on the "hard" side and would not call it as very comfortable. Checked on the car manufacturers recommendation for my tires size- it was from 2.2 bar to 2.4 bar. I made it to 2.3 bar and the ride comfort became superb, very enjoyable. Pay attention to that (jus the change of 0.1 bar in the tires pressure can make significant difference in comfort). Dry roads: no complains. Low and high speeds feels very reliable, accurate and safe. Wet roads: very good at lower speeds (up to 80-90 km/h). Great handling, stopping, great road feedback and safety. On higher speeds (up to 140-150 km/h) on heavy rain I would call the tires as adequate and predictable. However at such conditions the driver should be mindful. Overall: very satisfied with these very well balanced tires.
    Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on May 12, 2022
    All Season VS Winter Tyres: What is REALLY Best?! Click to find out!
    Given 97% while driving a Toyota Camry (215/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 72,000 easy going miles
    Production of my tier is week 39 in 2018 I got my tier when I buy my new Toyota Camry in the first week of 2019 I highly recommended this tier it last for 72K MILES 115000 KILOMETER AND STILL WORKING GREAT I DRIVE THROUGH SEA SIDE DESERT IN ALL THE KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA IN MIDDLE EAST north to Jordan east to gulf country south till the border of YEMEN ( QATARE AND DUBI THIS WINTER ) In 3 years and half I never change my tier since I buy my car TEMP IN MY CITY IS AROUND 35 to 48 degrees My driving is comfort not going over 120 kilometer/ hour a lot But I try driving with 220 kilo meter / hour and the tier is perfect Very good grip And handling Very good comfort and the noise is good Very economical in driving But sadly our dealer dose not sell this tier in our country So I am thinking to buy Goodyear efficient performance 2 as another choice THANK YOKOHAMA FOR THE GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH YOU :)
    Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on April 20, 2022
    Given 100% while driving a Honda Civic 1.8 (215/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
    This is a recently launched Yokohama tyre, after checking it out i made my decision to give it a try. Grip is awesome, comfort much better and handling is superb. Not too much wear on the tyres, i think they will easily last 80000kms. im happy with my purchase.
    Helpful 10 - tyre reviewed on March 8, 2022
    Given 91% while driving a Renault Kadjar 1.2 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 1,000 average miles
    Very impressed all round with this tyre, so much so I bought them for the rear of the car
    Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on March 5, 2022
    Given 23% while driving a Mazda 3 Skyactiv 2018 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 0 average miles
    wasting money on such tyre
    Helpful 31 - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2022
    Given 92% while driving a Kia Motors Optima (235/45 R18) on mostly motorways for 700 average miles
    I had these Tyres to replace my worn out Michelin Pilot Sport 4. I bought them based on the previous comments and reviews. I have just done a good 700 miles on mainly motorway driving in the UK in both wet and dry conditions plus cruising and stop start in traffic. What can I say...I found them to be quieter all round than the 4s and a much smoother ride. As one other review the first time I had to brake really hard the ABS kicked in. But since then I find that they stop you both in wet and dry conditions as expected. In cornering they are very responsive and the roll that I previously had has substantially decreased, so handling much better. I cannot compare the wear rate as not been on long enough yet. Excellent tyre for the cost.
    Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on February 25, 2022
    Given 89% while driving a Renault Kadjar 1.2 (225/45 R19) on mostly motorways for 300 average miles
    Had to wet brake at 50mph and stopped very quick. Had goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 5 on before and honestly think these yokohama are equal. Feel very safe on wet Motorway and very comfortable. Very good grip in cornering dry and wet. By far the best tyre I've had they really shine in the wet.
    Helpful 8 - tyre reviewed on February 13, 2022
    Given 87% while driving a Renault Kadjar 1.2 (225/45 R19) on mostly motorways for 150 average miles
    Best tyres I've had so far, 70mph on wet motorway with no problems. Grips like no tomorrow and very comfortable. Definitely not a sporty tyre but it's advertised as a grand touring tyre.
    Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on February 10, 2022
    Given 92% while driving a Renault Kadjar 1.2 (225/45 R19) on mostly motorways for 60 easy going miles
    Have only covered about 60 miles on these on a mix of motorway and town and I must say they have transformed the car into a more pleasant place too be. No experience of them in the wet yet but very good in the dry. Super comfortable and quiet compared to the goodyears I had on before, currently have michelin pilot sport 4 on rear and have just purchased these yokohama bluearth gt ae51 again too replace the michelin as it's a family car not a 2l hot hatchback. Definitely recommend too anyone who's looking for great grip and comfort at a reasonable price.
    Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on January 29, 2022
    Given 83% while driving a Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI 105HP (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
    Can’t complain much about these tyres , having low profiles in india can be a tough call , but quite honestly the car has been through really bad ditches and roads and the tyre never threw a bubble on the sidewall or anything . Good tyre over all
    Helpful 9 - tyre reviewed on December 2, 2021
    Given 93% while driving a Hyundai Accent (215/50 R17) on mostly town for 100 average miles
    I have used these tyres for 100 KMs and i can tell that it is a very nice tyre with very nice gliding feeling on the road. milage of the car improved. and grip levels are very good. very good tyre.
    Helpful 24 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2021