Zeta Ztr10

The Zeta Ztr10 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 28 tyre reviews averaging 52% over 125,810 miles driven.

The Ztr10 is ranked 119th of 129 Summer Ultra High Performance tyres.

2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Shootout - 25th of 43 tyres

245/40 R18 93Y   E B 71 12.55kgs
245/40 R18 97W XL   C C 72 11.58kgs
235/35 R19 91W XL   E C 72 10.80kgs

Questions and Answers for the Zeta Ztr10

2016-04-19 - I have 235/40ZR18 Tyres on my Volvo, what sort of Tyres are these, Winter. Summer, or Both.

The Zeta ZTR10 is a budget summer tyre

2016-05-25 - Are these radial or cross ply?

The Zeta ZTR10 is a radial tyre

2019-06-08 - Is it suitable for Malaysia road

Yes it can be used in Malaysia.

Ztr10 Prices

Top 3 Zeta Ztr10 Reviews

Given 37% while driving a Ford Focus ST 225 (2003 2007) (225/40 R18 V) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
When I first got my Focus ST (225bhp) it had 4 of these "lumps of wood" attached to it.
I soon had to replace one of the tyres after a bad puncture and what a revelation! I had the car drifting sideways down the road under reasonably heavy breaking on a couple of occasions as the 3 Zitas were no match for the replacement Pirelli P Zero on the other front corner. I've since had to swap out a other front tyre as this remaining front Zita wore out in only 5000 miles. But at least I do now have a matched set of Pirellis on the front. Much much better.
80 - tyre reviewed on December 22, 2014
Given 71% while driving a BMW Z4 3.0Si (235/30 R18) on mostly motorways for 3,000 spirited miles
Drove 2200 miles in the Swiss Alps and down to Italy then back home to the Uk in my BMW Z4,did the Stelvio pass and the tyres performed admirably.. they are still new so I can comment for them when the get older or worn but they were good on this road trip
26 - tyre reviewed on October 19, 2017
Given 87% while driving a Toyota Camry (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 25,000 average miles
My zeta ztr10 tyres are very well in the wet and dry and the road noise is almost non existent and I drive a hybrid so that’s a big plus for me. My overall experience with the zeta tyres are amazing and I would recommend them.
21 - tyre reviewed on August 3, 2019
Have you driven on the Zeta Ztr10 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Zeta Ztr10? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Zeta Ztr10 >

Latest Zeta Ztr10 Reviews

Given 46% while driving a Suzuki swift sport (205/50 R16) on mostly town for 0 easy going miles
Buy this brand and use it almost a year then the tyre has lump in 4 tyres. Not recommended since my car just barely used for long travel and only use to pick kids from school.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2020
Given 64% while driving a Mercedes Benz SLK 230 (245/40 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 35,000 average miles
Well. I’m pretty sure I reviewed these two years ago when I thought they might be near the end of their life... here we go again. These two pieces of volcanic bedrock were on the rear of my SLK230 when I bought it in 2017 and had approximately 5K and 6 months of use already on them. Fast forward to today: 26th of August 2020. Three and a half years have passed, 35000 miles have been slipped/slid/burnt/tumbled through and I’ve have my third MOT with no advisories aside from ‘worn rear tyres’. These things are made from armor-grade depleted uranium and hold in the wet as you’d expect being made from a material harder than the compressed centre of a dead star. In dry they are acceptable. In the wet they will continuously try to murder you in an admittedly progressive and slidey fashion. For the price; I’d put these on any non performance car simply because they’d outlive the driver. For any vehicle with the capacity to do 0–60 in less than an epoch I can not recommend at all.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 26, 2020
Given 52% while driving a Toyota iq (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
I read some of the reviews after I'd bought a full set of these tires for my daughters car, nearly passed out some of them were so damning. Went home and drove the car myself expecting it to have turned into some sort of drift machine, but no, surprisingly it hadn't. Must just be the wet driving I thought...so after a decent bit of rain...which is common in Northern Ireland I took it for another blast on wet roads. Gave it plenty both into, round and out of roundabouts expecting to end up exiting on the other side of the carrageway...but no It wasn't that bad. True the car did drift a couple of feet outta line, but never let go. Lest just say I was well over the 30mph limit through the roundabouts and lived to tell the tale...yep on wet roads too. In summary these arn't the dearest tires on the market they're a budget tire so don't expect outstanding performance. They're not lethal at all and for the everyday driver, just fine. Would I buy them again....we'll see...!!
0 - tyre reviewed on July 30, 2020
Given 15% while driving a Mercedes Benz E350 (225/35 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Bought these tyres thinking they would be like any other tyre, hell was i wrong DO NOT BUY THESE TYRES my car swerves on motorway and feels like im in a boat Very dangerous especially with kids if you are suicidal it makes sense to buy them and you will save a bit of money also but if you want to have a few years of life please avoid your traction control will also be working overtime, i have had them on my car 1 week and have ordered new pirellis in will be changing today.
3 - tyre reviewed on May 23, 2020
Given 40% while driving a Subaru BRZ (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 500 average miles
I recently bought a used Subaru BRZ and the dealer replaced the worn OEM Michelin Premacy rear tyres with a pair of Zeta ZTR10's.
In short the only tyres I can recall that provided such poor handling and feedback were a set of cheap remoulds many years ago. If these are a cheap tyre they may be OK for a shopping car, but don't put them near anything sporty. They'll be coming off as soon as I can decide whether to replace just the tyres or go for a new wheel/tyre package.

The longer version :
when cornering these made the car feel as if the side-wall was flexing under the lateral load, or as if a bush was worn. When I eased off slightly, it returned to shape. Attempting to take a moderate sweeping bend with any enthusiasm had the car tracing the path of a 50-pence piece.
As an experiment I rotated the wheels to have the Zeta's at the front, worn Premacy's on the rear. Now the rear was stable, the front vague.
As a further experiment I used a set of old wheels with old and worn no-name tyres and even they were noticably more stable and communicative then the Zeta's.
4 - tyre reviewed on May 27, 2019
Mazda (205/50 R16) on mostly town for 3,000 spirited miles
These are on my 2009 MX-5 Miata and I have been driving with them for over a year. Handling is not as good as the premium tires like Bridgestone Potenzas, etc., but for the price they are a steal and well worth it for street use.
8 - tyre reviewed on April 20, 2019
Given 26% while driving a Mitsubishi Mitsubishi Shogun 3.2DiD SWB (235/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
I drive a Mitsubishi Shogon I had the set of dunlops that were on the car when bought new from the dealer after 55k miles i had a set of zetas fitted but the chap that deals with the company cars. I always drive in permanent 4x4 and in the previous 2 years never once seen my traction control light come on. Que the zetas my traction control was like a pilot light it never went out. In the dry they didnt fill me with confidence and made the car twitchy. In the wet they were a real threat to life. I am not a boy racer and these would skid me on to the wrong lane going round bends. I complained several times to te garage that fitted them, with no joy the final straw they spun me on a slip road in to the barrier. I cannot believe these are allowed to be sold, quite simply the most dangerous thing ive drove with in the last 20 years
12 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2017
Given 46% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (215/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
Had two of these tyres fitter by the previous owner of the car. Grip in the dry was average, but I never felt fully assured on twisty roads. In the wet, the tyres were awful, causing wheelspin at the front with less than 1/2 throttle, and giving me pretty poor braking performance. I decided to get them replaced with some Uniroyal's before winter.
I never really noticed much noise with them at least.
4 - tyre reviewed on September 23, 2017
Given 86% while driving a Hyundai elantra (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 310 average miles
I read all kind of horror stories before i buy those tires and so far I'm
really impress, nothing bad to say so far.
17 - tyre reviewed on May 26, 2017
Given 34% while driving a Mercedes Benz c350 cdi bluetec (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 700 average miles
These tyres were fitted to my C350 CDi Mercedes upon purchase. The Tyres had been bought & fit by the previous owner prior to trade in.
When I collected the car it was a warm summers day, the tyres felt "OK" but didn't inspire confidence or feedback when driving the car home. The noise level was noticeable compared to premium tyres, but I thought their brand new they may be OK for a while.
Next day it was raining. even pulling out of the first junction near my house the tyres had no feel at all, almost numb. worse to come. first roundabout, the front tyres started to slide while following a bus so speed wasn't an issue, upon pulling out of the roundabout onto a dual carriageway the rear tyres broke away badly. the remainder of the journey to work was like driving the car in icy conditions. The wet grip from these tyres is appalling the worst I have ever experienced. In contrast driving in dry conditions they're best described as poor to tolerably acceptable. My main concern was would they stop my car quickly if the occasion arose.
Needless to say, I've already changed the tyres to Goodyear's, I didn't want to risk an insurance claim.
12 - tyre reviewed on September 16, 2016
Given 37% while driving a (225/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 200 average miles
Once again put on car by cheapskate dealer to make as much profit without thinking about the safety of the new owner.
They are lethal in the slightest damp road conditions and the uk government should ban these type of life threatening tyres.
8 - tyre reviewed on September 14, 2016
Given 40% while driving a Rover (215/45 R16) on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
Have had these used tyres on the rear for about 2000 miles. Dry weather grip is o k but in the wet they are really lethal. They let go without any warning and today was sideways 3 times and almost in the hedge and possible roll over. Am wondering how many folk have had an accident in the wet and never thought the tyres are at fault!!! They will be coming off and destroyed!!
2 - tyre reviewed on June 20, 2015