Blacklion Champoint BU66

The Blacklion Champoint BU66 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 16 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 208,045 miles driven.

The Champoint BU66 is ranked 13th of 201 Summer Touring tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Blacklion Champoint BU66
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Blacklion Champoint BU66
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Blacklion Champoint BU66. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Champoint BU66 Prices

Top 3 Blacklion Champoint BU66 Reviews

Given 99% while driving a Jaguar XJ (X351) SWB 3.0d (245/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,500 spirited miles
Superb tires! I was persuaded to go for the Blacklion Champoint by my tyre centre based on their high labelling scores, A rated grip was what I was looking for after my previous set of 'Premium' tires let me down once too often. Instant improvemnt in my grip and handling after switching. Can't recommend highly enough
108 - tyre reviewed on April 24, 2019
Given 95% while driving a BMW 320 d (255/35 R19 T) on mostly motorways for 2,000 spirited miles
I am fortunate to drive a f30 320d m sport that originally came with pirelle run flat tyres being 19" tyres weren't cheap..used to have e90 and e46 and used to be fond of uni royal rainsports as fantastic in the wet average to to good in dry.. Was tempted to buy them until I did some research in to blacklion and bu66 Non run flats, rating for wet for A which is great for the price and in the dry its better than the rain sports 3 I used to have. Paid £250 fitted for all 4 new tyres absolute great value for money the uniroyals would have cost me £440 and the pirellis £600.. The BU66 performs well low road noise great grip in wet better than the pirellis I had! I would say in wet the uni royals were 10 and these are a 9. In the dry they outperform uniroyal and just as good as the pirellis the bu66 are very smooth tyres and I have thrown the car in to bends and it grips. My car is stage 1 running 220bhp with 430nm and in wry with traction off it puts it down Remember cheap doesn't always mean poor quality will leave another review once they worn to see how many miles I've got. Also what help me buy was going on blacklions website itll answer all your concerns. Not much reviews online about the tyre so I thought I'd leave it definatly worth the money
17 - tyre reviewed on March 31, 2020
Given 93% while driving a Holden cruze (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Excellent tyres! - To be fair I have never have serious ultra high performance tyres on my car so I can't compare to something like a Michelin Pilot sport 4 or Nitto NT05, I previously had Goodyear Eagle Efficient Grip and Pirelli Cinturato P7s on this car - these tyres easily (and the difference is significant!) outperform these Goodyear and Pirelli in EVERY respect, they handle better in both wet and dry, are quieter, transmit fewer road bumps, have equal fuel economy and so far seem to have good wear characteristics. Would definitely recommend - they outperform every other budget tyre I have ever put on any of my cars and we drive over 70,000 miles/ 115,000 klms) per year between the family so I have tried a few high AND low cost options!
15 - tyre reviewed on May 24, 2019
Have you driven on the Blacklion Champoint BU66 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Blacklion Champoint BU66? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Blacklion Champoint BU66 >

Latest Blacklion Champoint BU66 Reviews

Given 76% while driving a Audi S5 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
My S5 came with 'Blacklion Champoint' all round when I got it, rears needed replaced and I went with Goodyear Eagle F1s on the back, keeping the Blacklion on the front. I'm a tyre snob having worked for Michelin many years ago and always disregard budget tyres when shopping for my own vehicles, but I genuinely can't fault these Blacklion tyres after 5k miles in summer, rain and snow. I'd never even heard of them before.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 5, 2021
Given 94% while driving a Audi A3 TDI SLine Quattro 181bhp (235/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 20 spirited miles
Best tyres in the world !!! And cheap! Bought 4x 235 35 R19 in 2019 for £200 all four for my Audi A3 2015 quattro and I have still 5mm thread so another 2 years to go Unfortunately had small accident, the massive pot hole destroyed the front left tyre and had to buy replacement. So I got 2x 245 ones and DAMN !! What a massive GRIP increase !!! Simply the BEST !
1 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2021
Given 24% while driving a BMW 330d M Sport (275/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
These are the worst tires I've ever ridden ! I'd even say they're dangerous! At fast acceleration on wet the car is unpredictably dangerous especially in a corner! I've driven Continental, Pirelli, Dunlop ..., last time I had a Nexen which are great ... but Black Lyons are dangerous!
8 - tyre reviewed on February 23, 2021
Mercedes Benz (225/45 R19) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Done lots of research on these tyres and went for them in the end, I wanted the runflats off my C43 as I hated them, wanted something comfortable but not to soft but with good performance without spending a lot of money as I had only just replaced a full set of conti runflats. I can honestly say they are absolutely brilliant tyres, I cannot fault them in any way at all, it’s a 4wheel drive car and sticks far better than the Continental’s ever did wet and dry, the road noise is minimal and they have completely transformed my car for the better. I have had all leading manufacturers over the last 5 years I used to be a tyre snob and these will match and out perform most of them hand on heart. I have done launches and emergency stops to test them and they performed perfectly no wheel spin or skidding. 10/10 from me.
4 - tyre reviewed on December 10, 2020
Given 86% while driving a (225/35 R19) on for 0 miles
Bought a set of these for my yeti. Had Primacy 3s on original and always felt a littl skitty in the wet on bends, you never knew when they would give up cos they always felt like they would however hard you pushed them. The Blacklions are great. Had a pair on another car when purchased and since I’ve always had brand names decided to give them a few miles as they were new. Wow! I’m glad I did. They’ve covered 8,000 miles and hardly show any wear. They’re predictable and grippy in the dry and no different in the wet. You can really throw them about. I’ve just put 4 on my yeti 4x4 140bhp and it’s a different car. Easy to drive and feels totally safe on the road. It’s a more comfy ride and feels so much quieter and takes bends with ease at all speeds in all conditions. It’s a quiet, lazy drive now. Honestly, give them a try you won’t regret it!
1 - tyre reviewed on November 25, 2020
Given 80% while driving a BMW 218d Active Tourer (235/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 7,000 spirited miles
I had these on the front of my BMW X3 when purchased. Never heard of them so thought I'd give them a go as they were new. Now done around 7000, wear is even with plenty of tread left. No issues but mostly dry driving in Southern Spain. Again no issues when it is wet even though the roads tend to be quite greasy.
10 - tyre reviewed on September 9, 2020
Jaguar (245/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 56,000 spirited miles
Was recommend these by a friend who fitted them on his Jaguar XF 2.2 so iv just fitted 2 on the front of my 3.0 Diesel XF .last tyres i put on was Jaguar recommend Dunlops at great expense over 600 for set of 4. Tyres only been on a week and got to say i cannot see any difference in dry or wet grip, may be very slightly more road noise but nothing tp loud.i comment on wear yet as still new.would definitely recommend them and will be putting them on the rears when they are due.
5 - tyre reviewed on August 2, 2020
Given 99% while driving a BMW 530d F10 (235/45 R19) on mostly country roads for 3,000 average miles
These tyres are amazing for the price & so grippy in the wet & dry. Better than major brands by far that are double the price.& very quiet.
9 - tyre reviewed on July 31, 2020
Given 84% while driving a Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Wagon (225/40 R19) on mostly town for 126,000 average miles
had them on my Subaru legacy when the importer replaced them before i got the car. I had doubts as usually dealers only put on cheaper tyres, so i planned to change into better ones after they wear out. To my surprise, after a year now, I actually like them. They are good and handle well. Did a few road trips, and not a problem! I am purchasing another set for the civic turbo for my wife.
1 - tyre reviewed on July 20, 2020
Given 86% while driving a Audi 3,0 tdi quattro sport (255/35 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 20 average miles
I had four of these fitted to my Audi A5 3.0 tdi Quattro. The car I had prior to the audi was a jaguar xf that had Linglong Greenmax fitted, I thought those were outstanding value and extremely good tyres, even removing the low price. Anyhoo, when I picked up the Audi, I intended to fit the Greenmax to it as soon as I was able and as soon as beloved wifey would let me away with it. I couldn't get the Greenmax in 255/35/19 which is what was on the audi previously. So, I looked around, checked as many reviews as I could find, real reviews written by real users and not some PR bumff stuck out there to boost sales. I checked indie reviews as best I could and these popped up with starling regularity and received terrific reviews. You need to understand that these would be the first tyres I would put on the audi and with it being awd, I had to be as sure as I could be that they weren't going to help me find a ditch without the use of satnav. I bought the Audi with 77,000 on it and when It went after three years I had 116.000. Of those say 40,000 miles more than half were on the Blacklion BU66's, and I can say with my hand on my heart that they are the best tyres I have ever bought. Not the best tyres under x amount of pounds, I mean THE best tyres I have bought. 20 thousand miles and they still stuck to the road like glue, grip was fantastic in both wet and dry and 5mm left on the tread. I do a daily commute of 20 miles each way and a few miles visiting clients when I'm out and about and I had not a single issue with them and they performed admirably. The Audi went in February of this year due to various electrical faults; it was becoming a money pit, so it had to go and it was replaced by an e class cabriolet Merc. Currently they have Nexen N Blue on them and although they are in pretty good nick with 6-6.5 mm tread on them I want to replace them with the blacklions as soon as I can. The current wheels and tyres will be going on ebay as soon as the new replacements arrive and I order the tyres. I can't really say anymore other than I never got to try them in the snow, but they were great everywhere else and I felt confident that they would handle any conditions in which they found themselves. I have no hesitation in recommending Blacklion BU66's to all and sundry. I have the greatest confidence in these tyres and I look forward to getting them back on my car as soon as I can arrange it. Incidentally, I'm replacing the stock 17 inch wheels with 19's as they look better on the car, the 17's look like tesco trolley wheels. So, happy motoring especially as these put a smile on my face, nearly forgot, they were £236.00 delivered to my fitter and with fitting part of the price. £59.00 for a new tyre, valve and balancing and fitted, unbelievable. Best 236.00 I ever spent, I honestly can't fault them.
5 - tyre reviewed on May 8, 2020
Audi (255/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 5 average miles
Tried to do a lot of research for good mid-range tyres, and Blacklions kept coming up alot so did as much research as I could on them and didn't find many bad reviews, and i can see why after having them for 5 months and I do a fair few miles! In the dry they are decent, I'd say the only other tyre i had better were the Vredesteins Ultrac Sessanta and that was on a different car - same car older model - and you cant get them so easy in this size now and for the price point I paid under £300 for 4 including full tracking, bargain. There was some serious rain earlier in the year on the M25 which really tested these at about 75-80mph and how good they were in the wet was astonishing! Don't get me wrong they weren't perfect but i had more control of the car than any other tyres and its an automatic.
9 - tyre reviewed on May 4, 2020
Given 87% while driving a Suzuki Vitara 2015> (215/55 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
only done 2000mls,but so far tyres appear to be doing more than adqeuate job.they feel safe and secure.React well to emergency braking.Overall pretty good,but time will tell.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2020