Continental UltraContact

The Continental UltraContact is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 8 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 23,350 miles driven.

The UltraContact is ranked 17th of 146 Summer Premium Touring tyres.

2023 ADAC Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 50 tyres

• Positive - Balanced, good on dry roads, good environmental record, very high mileage.
  • Negative - Slight weakness on wet roads.
  • Overall - Driving safety: The Continental UltraContact is rated as just satisfactory when it comes to driving safety. The UltraContact offers the driver satisfactory feedback on the steering wheel on a dry road, but is still safe at the limit. Thanks to its short braking distance, it can still secure a good overall rating on dry roads. On wet roads, however, the UltraContact does not get more than a satisfactory rating. Although it scores in the braking distance measurements and also in handling with good grip and safe driving characteristics, it falters when it comes to aquaplaning. In the case of longitudinal aquaplaning, he does not get more than a satisfactory result, and in the case of transverse aquaplaning, even more than an adequate result.

Environmental balance: In the environmental balance, the UltraContact secures one of the best results in the test. His predicted mileage is classified as very good, and he only just misses a very good rating for wear. The tire also scores with its low weight and low fuel consumption.

2023 Tyre Tests

• 7th: 2023 ADAC Summer Tyre Test (205/55 R16)
  • Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Continental UltraContact

Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Continental UltraContact. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Continental UltraContact Reviews

Given 86% while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class (225/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
    Mercedes W211 e200k. After five years with uniroyal rain sport 3,I changed them with continental ultra contact. The car now is extremely quiet in highways and very comfortable in b roads. I ve also seen an improvement in fuel consumption. It is a highly recommended tyre for those who want comfort ride,fuel economy and good handling in different weather conditions. On the other hand the cost is high.
    Helpful 21 - tyre reviewed on March 19, 2023
    Given 99% while driving a Mitsubishi Grandis 2.4 petrol (235/50 R18) on mostly country roads for 100 average miles
    I'm using continental uc7 tires....it's solid
    Helpful 14 - tyre reviewed on May 1, 2023
    Given 90% while driving a Ford Focus 1.5tdci (2016) (205/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 7,000 average miles
    Extremely silent, comfortable and fuel-saving tyres. Average fuel consumption has improved, they are ideal for cruising since they offer a near silent and very comfortable ride. Highly recommended, would definitely buy again!
    Helpful 10 - tyre reviewed on April 14, 2023
    Have you driven on the Continental UltraContact tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Continental UltraContact? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Continental UltraContact >

Latest Continental UltraContact Reviews

Given 82% while driving a Toyota Sienta (185/60 R15) on mostly town for 200 average miles
    I stand corrected: my previous review states that my new Ultracontacts started out at 6.5mm tread depth.
    Using a vernier caliper, I've established it is around 7.5-7.8mm, so not too far from the nominally desired 8mm tread depth.

Tyres still function fine and yes, the lack of the 'Squeek!' and 'Eeeek!' sounds from slipping/skidding is still very much noticeable, vs my past Blue Earth GT AE-51 and Ecocontact 6 tyres.
    Helpful 0 - tyre reviewed on September 11, 2023
    Given 80% while driving a Toyota Sienta (185/60 R15) on mostly motorways for 50 average miles
    Finally, I went full circle and went back to having Continental tyres.
    Was on 3 sets of Conti PremiumContact 5 for a few years till they discontinued it afterwards tried its lacklustre cousin EcoContact 6 because CPC6 isn't for my wheel size.
    Went on to having Yokohama Blue Earth GT AE51 and just after 2.5 years from manufacture, those tyres seem to be slipping/skidding frequently for some unknown reason even with 5-6 mm of tread left for the last few months. Changed to Ultracontacts a few days ago and suddenly the slippages are mostly gone - most noticeably those on indoor parking flooring and ramps, gradients of humps. Tyre squeal noise is very soft vs past EcoContact6 and AE51, when doing tight turns. If feel I can trust Continental tyres for the grip they provide. These ultracontacts behave very similarly to my old PremiumContact 5. Unfortunately, this also extends negatively to the ride comfort and noise. They are noticeably much noisier and less plush (I can feel every rough bit and road marking I go over) than the Blue Earth AE51 I replaced them with. Anyhow, rainy season is coming and I don't have many choices where I am for my wheel size. Only time will tell if they wear well - my CPC5 worn down terribly just after 25000km (3-4mm left) but they say these made-for-EU Ultracontacts have some new formulation to reduct wear from abrasion. Note that these Ultracontacts start off with about 6.5mm of tread when new so I am also not happy about this short-changing (normally I expect new tyres to start off with 8mm tread height).
    Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on September 4, 2023
    What to know the BEST All Season Tyres for 2023? Click to find out!
    Given 81% while driving a Honda City (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
    I’ve used tyres from Michelin Primacy 4 to PS4 and to Bridgestone RE004. Ditched the RE004 due to high noise level and switched to the new UC7. Been a Michelin user since day one, I would say UC7 sits between Primacy 4 and PS4. It has the comfortness and quietness and yet didn’t lose the handling performance. To me, UC7 is the 50 50 combination of Primacy 4 and PS4. Overall, I am very happy with the quality and performance of the UC7.
    Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on June 11, 2023
    Given 90% while driving a Peugeot 1.2 puretech 75 hp (185/65 R15) on mostly town for 1,000 easy going miles
    bought for 2021 peugeot 208 1.2 75hp. My recent cars were similar, low powered, so do my driving style. i am familiar with 185 r15 195 r16 nokian wetproofs, ilines, conti ecocontact 6s, michelin primacy4s and kumho es31s. I always tried to pick silent, low rolling resistence, soft compound tyres because of bad NVH level of entry level cars and bad roads. Mostly avoided continentals as i tought that they are noisy, like in case of ecocontact6. I cant make any comment for wear, wet grip but after 1000km, i can now tell that now i understood why there is a subjective comfort criteria in some tests. In pot holes, speed bumps, on every type of road imperfection, my car seems to have a better set of shock absorbers. Bonus is road noise, which is like the ones i opted before. Did i mention breaking on dry tarmac feels safe? Luckily, for one set of these, i paid 10-15% premium only over mid range silent tyres, still cheaper than goodyear and michelin alternatives. I say this seems to be a good buy.
    Helpful 8 - tyre reviewed on May 5, 2023
    Given 92% while driving a Skoda (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
    Pros: Silent, really comfortable, fuel saving (1 lt/100 km down compared to the Sava Intensa uhp2 they replaced), excellent dry grip and braking and surprisingly good looking tyre for a touring tyre (for my taste at least), wear (after 10.000 km no visible wear signs). Haven't driven much in wet. Cons: expensive. Mediocre feedback. Not a fun tyre to drive but safe and predictable. For everyday urban use and the occasional road trip with the family, i believe they are ideal if you can afford them. Good job Continental.
    Helpful 8 - tyre reviewed on March 19, 2023