Dunlop SP Sport LM704

The Dunlop SP Sport LM704 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 21 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 294,500 miles driven.

The SP Sport LM704 is ranked 55th of 127 Summer Premium Touring tyres.

2015 Auto Review Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 9 tyres

• Positive - Price, strong sidewall
  • Negative - Extremely low wet grip, low resistance to aquaplaning, high rolling resistance
  • Overall - Not available in the UK market, Auto Review found the Dunlop LM704's dangerous thanks to a shocking performance in the wet. OK for hot climates with pot holed roads that don't see rain. No where else.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Dunlop SP Sport LM704

Questions and Answers for the Dunlop SP Sport LM704

2016-10-11 - There are mixed reviews about this tire's wet grip. I live in the tropics, so if this tire is dangerous on wet roads, that's a serious no-buy issue for me. Can anybody shed light on the issue about the wet grip?

Unfortunately we have no direct experience with the Dunlop LM704, however we are confident Dunlop would never release a product which could be classified as dangerous in the wet.

2017-06-14 - Who performed the 2015 Auto Review Summer Tyre Test? Because in the other Q&A you mentioned "no direct experience" with this tyre. As a family man, I only want safe tyres and the reviews between "tester" and "user" are contradicting each other. So can you please confirm if this tyre has good grip on wet?

Auto Review are a Russian automotive publication. They tested the tyres themselves for the article. Auto Review found the LM704 had poor wet grip compared to 8 other leading competitors.

2019-03-21 - Pls provide threadwear rating on this tire

Unfortunately we don't have the treadwear rating for the LM 704.

2021-09-08 - 235/55/r18 100V SP sport LM.704 dunlop tyre can use ir not for the SUV car?

Yes, as long as it matches the size and load rating needed for the vehicle.

Top 3 Dunlop SP Sport LM704 Reviews

Given 87% while driving a Mazda 2010 2.3mps (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Best tyre so have ever had on a car, I am running 260+hp through the front wheels and while they will break traction in a straight line relatively easily I can't think of a time they have produced under steer in the wet or dry. I got them when I purchased the car, they had some light wear, after 15000km of somewhat spirited driving, the fronts are quite worn (still 2mm of tread before needing replacement) but the rears have only worn a couple of mm.

I would buy them again in a heartbeat if they were still available in New Zealand
157 - tyre reviewed on December 1, 2015
Given 30% while driving a Ford fairmont ghia ba (225/50 R17 V) on mostly town for 10,000 easy going miles
I have replaced these for some Continentals
Car was downright dangerous in the wet . A terrible terrible tyre
Car's characteristics have change with new tyres
75 - tyre reviewed on May 12, 2018
Given 94% while driving a Toyota Revo (195/65 R15 H) on mostly town for 200 average miles
Replaced 2 front tires for Toyota Revo 2003. Very good comfortable tires. Low road noise. Review in addition to my March 14 post (using Toyota Altis 2013 2.0V). - Philippines
73 - tyre reviewed on March 20, 2016
Have you driven on the Dunlop SP Sport LM704 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Dunlop SP Sport LM704? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Dunlop SP Sport LM704 >

Latest Dunlop SP Sport LM704 Reviews

Given 82% while driving a Toyota Innova (195/70 R14 H) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
got all my 4 tires worn (Bridgestone EP150, hasn't changed it since 2014). found this tire has more positive reviews than EP150 with the same price range. dry grip is great, relatively low noise and good level of comfort but the wet grip is just okay, not outstanding. can't decide to buy it again yet because I'm just using it for about 6 months, waiting for a full durability reports
0 - tyre reviewed on September 14, 2020
Given 89% while driving a Suzuki SX4 1.6 LITRE PETROL (205/60 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I had to do this comparison because the previous tyres I had on my car were not good regarding the performance as the name claimed (Goodyear efficient Grip Performance) So I was looking for better tyres. And I found them with Dunlop. The design is nothing special, but it's got better grip, both on dry and wet asphalt. On concrete roads the grip however diminishes. I like the handling on curves, because the Goodyear EGP are quite soft on the sides so when taking a curve I could feel the car weight going on the opposite side of the curve. This doesn't happen with the Dunlop LM704. I don't have to use the breaks while approaching a curve. Ive tried emergency breaking and the tyres don't slip on dry or wet asphalt. I totally recommend them.
13 - tyre reviewed on March 14, 2020
Given 33% while driving a Toyota Camry (215/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
These tyres are dangerous in the wet. Also a very firm ride. Wouldn’t recommend at all
26 - tyre reviewed on February 27, 2020
Given 56% while driving a Peugeot 405 (205/55 R15 V) on mostly country roads for 50,000 average miles
It has some positive points but It is definitely dangerous in wet.i have accident in staight street with 140km/h and I didn't understand whats hapens.lm704 is worse tyre in wet that I experienced.
Its realy realy toooooo much dangrous in wet
16 - tyre reviewed on December 17, 2019
Given 83% while driving a Toyota Vios (155/55 R15) on a combination of roads for 40,000 average miles
Very comfortable, affordable and nice handling. In Indonesia which only has 2 season, summer and rainy season, this tyre really good.
12 - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2019
Given 51% while driving a Mazda Mazda 6 2.5 GH (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 50,000 average miles
These tyres lack grip both dry and wet. My car, that is by no means powerful, easily spin them from standstill and on inclines. I would call these dangerous in the wet as they are frequently prone to aquaplaning.
On the plus side, the tyre does give very direct steering feel and is easy to control just past its limit which made for some fun drifting. Wears well too - have done roughly 80,000km on a combination of highway and city roads.
11 - tyre reviewed on July 31, 2019
Given 70% while driving a Honda Odyssey (215/60 R17) on mostly motorways for 1,000 easy going miles
Everything is ok for this tire. The only downside is its a little noisy.
8 - tyre reviewed on June 15, 2019
Given 44% while driving a Honda Fit (Jazz) (205/50 R16) on mostly motorways for 100 average miles
Changed to 16” Dunlop LM704 from Kumho HS51. Tyre shop advised that it has good grip and durable. Until recently I experience aqua planing from these new tyres which I changed. I was driving the same route home after rain and it just ‘floated out of lane’ from a slight bend with not very wet ground. Luckily I’m a seasoned driver and knew that I can’t brake hard and had to slowly steer back with minimum steering. Luckily there were 2 lanes and no cars on the next lane. If not,I would definitely have an accident. Even with my Kumho almost worn out tyres, I would have no problem navigating the bend. Just wanna share my views with other consumers like myself looking for new tyres change and I dun think I will be using them again.
24 - tyre reviewed on September 4, 2018
Given 90% while driving a Mercedes Benz 190 2.3 16 (195/70 R14 H) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
Wow, What a fantastic difference! Excellent wet and dry grip... I can drive over any kind of road surface with confidence, even those shiny patches on old roads in the wet that you think for sure will cause your car to go for a slide, these Dunlop LM 704 tyres just grip. Handling... another wow! Finally my Mercedes 230E handles corners because these tyres love corners. I think you will be impressed with the cornering, just magic. You can turn onto a corner with these tyres and they just want to go around with no effort at all, they practically drive the car around corners willing to turn with ease and great precision. Comfort is much better than previous tyres too so thats a relief, they are rubbery supple and not harsh at all. Noise seems to be low but its difficult to say because i can't hear if they are making any noise over the usual wind noise etc. so thats ok too. So far fuel economy looks ok but its too early to say for sure. Will see how they last and I'll add a second review in around 6 months or so. The terrain these tyres are being used in is all winding mountain roads, steep sections and some hair-pin bends too, often wet and slippery because it rains for about 7 months of the year, low temps and the occasional very light snow. Then there is the short hot summer to deal with. Conclusion; a wow tyre for handling and steering precision, great wet grip and dry, with excellent rubbery supply comfort. I believe you will love them! :D
27 - tyre reviewed on March 28, 2018
Given 81% while driving a Ford Fiesta (205/45 R17) on mostly town for 12,000 average miles
I bought this tyre in 2016 April as I am going from 16" OEM to 17" rims. I thought this was going to be an an okay choice, but turns out it is one of the best tyres I have. With a 45 profile, I was not expecting much of a comfort, but it handled beautifully. Grips are great dry or wet, even though at higher speeds above 120 kph it was loosing slight grip, unlike more expensive tyres such as Toyo I used before. Maybe it is a 'warning' feature! :D but anyhow, everything feels safe, even after hitting many potholes on the motorway as you would expect in Indonesia - no bumps on the tyre walls or surface whatsoever. Threads are still looking very good after 2 years! I was overwhelmed by the quality.. even more with less price than other tyres. Extremely recommended tyres.
17 - tyre reviewed on March 12, 2018
Given 86% while driving a Honda Civic (195/65 R15) on mostly town for 10,000 easy going miles
Tyres are very nice to use. enjoying every bit of them.
14 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2017
Given 96% while driving a Nissan tida (195/85 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 30,000 spirited miles
Best tyre I've ever used, so, so excellent in every condition which is so important here in Thailand with so much rain and extremely varied road surfaces, highly, highly recommended I wouldn't by anything else for my Nissan Tiida 1.8
21 - tyre reviewed on November 15, 2017