Kenda KAISER KR20

The Kenda KAISER KR20 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 61 tyre reviews averaging 56% over 439,212 miles driven.

The KAISER KR20 is ranked 151st of 190 Summer High Performance tyres.

2012 Autobild 50 Tyre Braking Test - 41st of 45 tyres

Size Fuel Wet Noise Weight
225/40 R18 92W XL   E C 72 10.00kgs
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Kenda KAISER KR20. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Kenda KAISER KR20 Reviews

Given 49% while driving a Rover 45 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 10 average miles
I inherited an old Rover 45TD with a set of these things and having always used premium brands previously I was quite impressed by the dry performance even though the noise levels were excessive but most of all they looked good but 10k through the summer and no complaints.

Then it rained, not heavily but on several accasions on a damp/wet road the front end has lets-go all-too easily to the point where I would consider them dangerous (All 3 incidents were below 30mph - 2 x pulling up for a junction and 1 x drifting gracefully across a downhill junction)

I am about to scrap 4 "good" tyres and put-on a set of premiums which is as expensive but nowhere near as bad as ploughing into a ditch/car/child

These things are dreadful in the wet.
50 - tyre reviewed on September 14, 2016
Chevrolet 2012 Cruze (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,000 average miles
It is an Aggressive tread design that provides excellent traction and management These tires have big or thick Shoulder lugs for grasping the road for cornering grip and also a sleek face that is broad. Evacuating water is usually not a effective point of this type of tire. They are Made out of a milder rubber Chemical that assists grip but wears out fast. Functionality Kenda Tires are usually short lived.
19 - tyre reviewed on September 15, 2017
Given 30% while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225/40 R18) on mostly town for 6,000 average miles
I bought a set of wheels which had these tyres on for a couple of hundred miles from new. Honestly one of the worst tyres I have ever experienced and that's including driving a car which had 3 completely different tyres on at one stage. They are poor and noisy in the dry and horrendous at best in the wet.
13 - tyre reviewed on July 4, 2017
Have you driven on the Kenda KAISER KR20 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Kenda KAISER KR20? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Kenda KAISER KR20 >

Latest Kenda KAISER KR20 Reviews

Given 60% while driving a Porsche 986 Boxster S (265/35 R18) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Cannot source in channel islands
0 - tyre reviewed on October 28, 2021
Given 37% while driving a Mercedes Benz A45 (225/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
I Used them on a Mercedes A45 and honestly if it was not for the 4matic I would have had a accident in the wet. They have zero grip in the wet and strangle very little in the dry. Upgraded with 90% Tread still on them. Highly disappointed.
8 - tyre reviewed on May 26, 2020
Given 42% while driving a MINI Cooper S (205/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 200 average miles
Purchased a Mini Cooper S with these fitted on the front (brand new). Two weeks on I have just ordered some different ones. In the dry they are okay, fairly comfortable with okay road noise. However, in the rain they are lethal! No grip whatsoever, just driving at normal speeds and the traction control is working overtime to keep me on the road.
3 - tyre reviewed on March 1, 2020
Given 39% while driving a Skoda Fabia vRS (205/40 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
I have these tyres fitted to my Skoda Fabia vRS diesel. Dry grip with them is average, they stick ok but you dont get much feedback or precision from the steering. Braking is fine in the dry even with big brakes stopping from high speeds. Traction is also acceptable.
The biggest downside is when the roads get wet! They are terrible. The car is very unstable and is actually scary to drive at any normal speed. I have to take corners and roundabouts very slowly, was following a lorry around a bend at around 15 mph and the back end of the car stepped out slightly. Traction wise in the wet I cant use full throttle until 4th gear as they just spin and the traction control goes mad. Braking is not too bad however they do grip ok in a straight line. They are also extremely noisy and give a harsh ride.I will never be using these tyres again, just changed to Goodyear Eagle F1 A3 and they are soooo much better.
8 - tyre reviewed on October 24, 2017
Given 90% while driving a Honda Odyssey (225/45 R18 W) on mostly town for 900 average miles
This model Is a new tire which has been attached to the used car. Rather than the drift evaluation, will be the evaluation of the running about 900 miles in everyday use
And Taiwan kenda industrial tires, although there was to see the KENDA logo on a bicycle and two-wheel, without being seen in the four-wheel, and is the first time use.
After purchasing the car, but I was going to tire replacement, in particular there is no bad place, and yes it is because he felt a rather good.
And domestic label of Japan is unknown, US quality standards, wear performance 300, grip A, it was in the high temperature resistance A and the side wall.
Tread rubber does not have almost worn less. Still the corner of the block is standing.
I have unexpectedly surprised in a quiet tire. Cavity resonance sound and pattern noise is small. The pavement is bad road road noise is heard.
As in the Japanese sports tire, the structure is without firmly tight, it seems there is a flexibility, such as totally enclose the foreign brands par.
Whether the anti-degradation agent is contained in a large amount, notice and sidewall-ish when there are many brown. The future of the cracking worth watching.
Since the recent times is not the tire rolling resistance is small request, probably not the type to directly contribute to the low fuel consumption, it is like a tire balanced.
And manufacturing sales rather than those of the most recent, but seems to be the enduring model, I feel that why that's can be seen.
1 - tyre reviewed on September 1, 2016
Given 42% while driving a Chevrolet Orlando (225/50 R17) on mostly country roads for 750 spirited miles
These are definitely the worst tires I have ever had. My original tires were Kumho and they were ok but are not available in Ecuador in this size. Generally, there is very limited variety here in this format.
So, I went for Kenda. From first impression, the tire was bad. The car is very sloppy, the side wall of the Kenda seems to be extremely soft. The car drives as is the shock absorbers are worn out. The car has 20.000 km, so that is not the case, also it was driving fine before the tyre swap.
On dry road it's ok but as soon as the road is a bit moist, it is really dangerous. Ecuador mainly has country roads with a lot of turns, up and downhill. This morning I was on a fast section downhill were there was a little bit of water running over the road in a bend. I almost spun the car. It was so scary. I have driven a lot of cars and tyres and have to say that these tyres are useless, unless you are only driving low speeds in the city.
4 - tyre reviewed on August 16, 2016
Given 67% while driving a Honda Accord Tourer (225/40 R18 W) on for 15,530 miles
Cheap tyres and I had a lot preconcepiton about chinese tires. However I was quite happy on them. Good on dry but wet grip is poor, but they never put me in danger. I drove over 15000 miles on them and still there were still over 5 mm left. I sold them with wheels. I would consider them again.
8 - tyre reviewed on April 2, 2016
Given 34% while driving a Peugeot 206 1.6HDi 110 Sport3 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Dry grip was ok given it was a 110bhp diesel, wet grip on the otherhand was horrific, spinning in second gear without any real pedal input and understeering worse than being on glass.

Road feedback was great, you could hear every stone in the tarmac. they droned the same pitch as a wheel bearing failure.. Quite concerning for a driver who understands the machine he is in.

Progressiveness! They either worked or the didn't! Nothing in-between. This had a direct correlation to moisture... Anything over 1 drop of rain and you're off the road.

Wear, I did around three thousand miles before putting them in the bin. They looked as if they would crack early in life.

Comfort not really, ear bleeding springs to mind.

Buy again... Yes if they weren't a similar price to decent mid rangers and global warming had eradicated rain completely.

Conclusion... Loud, useless, dangerous... Uniroyals thrown on and the car was safe again
1 - tyre reviewed on November 1, 2015
Given 86% while driving a Audi (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
AUDI S3 8P
I bought my car 9 months ago just coming into October 14, the car already had these fitted brand new on the front, they are excellent in the dry and very good in the wet, I did get a bit of under steer once but I was kicking the arse out of round a corner with the esp off!! so for the money( ive just paid £72 off ebay for 2 brand new for the rear, delivered!! you cant go wrong, sexy tread aswell,( reminds me of my old GRIFTER!! I've owned tvr's so know its important to be confident with tyres, but on the s3 quatro with esp on in the wet and driving enthusiastically you can't go wrong, excellent in the dry when turned off also, so happy!
1 - tyre reviewed on July 22, 2015
Given 52% while driving a Peugeot 207 GT HDi (195/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 6,000 average miles
The grip is fantastic. No issued with loss of control dry or wet. But the noise is appalling! Had them installed front and back to replace my hankooks and actually took my car to the mechanics because I thought I had a wheel bearing gone or a brake caliber sticking! Definitely going back to hankook when these wear out.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 7, 2015
Given 42% while driving a Subaru Impreza GX AWD (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 1,000 average miles
People if you like to stay alive than please NEVER buy such a budget crap. Pay beter more money but buy good brand tyres as Yokohama, Michelin etc...because Kaiser tyres put my carinto garage and cost me £625 for repair and parts. It was on the site when I drove not more spead than 7 mph. I completly lost control on the corner and my car just moved toward the left side hiting kerb. It was slightly cover of snow on asphalt and these tyres were summer, temp was -2C only. I immediately changed tyres for Yokohama w.winter and will never more buy any budget crap as KAISER etc.... I had different cars but I always usedrsuch tyres as BF Goodrich etc... Middle range tyres never budget crap. I warning you for your help guys.
2 - tyre reviewed on February 2, 2015
Given 31% while driving a Honda Civic (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 1,000 spirited miles
Poor tyres. The stock tyres which are 195/65 R15 provided better grip than these 225/45 R17. They lose there grip easily. Most uncomfortable tyre i ever had. This tyre bubbles above 120km/hr. If you just want a sporty look and very short of money then go for it. Otherwise just avoid messing up with your ride.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 8, 2015