Michelin Latitude tour HP

The Michelin Latitude tour HP is a Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4s.

This tyre replaced the Michelin Latitude Tour and this tyre has been replaced by the Michelin Latitude Tour 3.

Tyre review data from 27 tyre reviews averaging 67% over 795,460 miles driven.

The Latitude tour HP is ranked 15th of 19 All Season Touring tyres.

2017 ADAC SUV Summer Tyre Test - 14th of 15 tyres

235/55 R20 102H   C C 71 15.35kgs
255/60 R20 113V XL LR A C 70 15.60kgs
265/45 R21 104W JLR C C 71 15.60kgs

Questions and Answers for the Michelin Latitude tour HP

2016-11-04 - Are Michelin Lattitude tour HP M+S rated?

Yes, the Michelin Latitude Tour HP is M+S rated

2020-09-25 - According to Michelin and my local dealer this is a summer tyre, not an all-season. I assume it is not then 3PMSF rated either. Can you confirm please? Keep up the good work and testing.

You are correct, it is not 3PMSF marked, but it is known as an all season tyre in the north american market.

Latitude tour HP Prices

Top 3 Michelin Latitude tour HP Reviews

Land Rover freelander (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Just a comment to Freelander 1 drivers after reading a couple of bad reviews here - when replacing the Michelin synchros with tour hps you must change all 4 as the diameter is slightly larger and this causes major problems with the VCU.
107 - tyre reviewed on February 23, 2014
Given 34% while driving a (225/65 R17) on for 0 miles
Those are the WORST tires I've ever had. They come with my Honda CRV factory fitted and they made me never look again for any Michelin's. The are bad on dry (cold or hot weather) - incredible long braking, whistle on any curve even when driving slowly they sound as you are on rally and very often they turn on 4x4 when starting on traffic light. In wet they are even worse and I tried them only once when snowing - it was yet only wet snow - the car is unpredictable.
31 - tyre reviewed on October 31, 2017
Given 77% while driving a Volvo XC60 (235/60 R18) on mostly motorways for 45 spirited miles
Overall, for the price of the tire, I expected more.

The car is a Volvo xc60, T6, AWD (300hp)

Dry traction very good
Wet traction, good but not great
Don't feel connected to the road, they feel a bit "floaty"
Soft in corners, but do hold them
No noise at all, but a bit soft
Wouldn't buy again at the prices I see them at
24 - tyre reviewed on August 22, 2017
Have you driven on the Michelin Latitude tour HP tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Michelin Latitude tour HP? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Michelin Latitude tour HP >

Latest Michelin Latitude tour HP Reviews

Given 57% while driving a Hyundai ix35 (215/70 R16) on a combination of roads for 44,000 average miles
Family member owns this car so I feel like reviewing it as these were OEM tires. As we all know Hyundai ix35 is one of the most dullard cars to drive with dynamics of a pig however these tires surprise me with their price considering it really isn't worth such a premium with such boring performance, you're paying for the brand on this instance. I drive all the cars spirited so I should provide a comprehensive report of how they handle and feel. - Dry and Wet handling: Even on a car that's also FWD as a Hyundai ix35 it performs fairly well considering this is an All Season tire and to be frank I never recommend them but it took me by surprise. You can definitely extract some of the dry grip while having comfort from this tire if this is what you care for, it won't disappoint as it has predictable balance of safe understeer, you won't need to guess when you start skidding. It's no UHP tire as I have PS4 on my Audi A6 C6 coupled with AWD and new Bilstein B6 dampers with Eibach springs; left a review before here so I seek sportiness but if I had to compromise it wouldn't be terrible but not my cup of tea. Wet grip is ghastly however. Numpty as it can be, already a car with understeer tendencies and this tire is exacerbating it. No balance whatsoever in the wet, managed to lose grip before in the car almost ending up in the ditch, can't fathom how a high profile tire struggled to communicate loss of grip especially. Below 3 mm tread it is absolutely scary, at 90 kmh on a non-sharp bend in the wet it felt like the wheels were sinking in wanting to aquaplane. Not recommended in the wet. It was as ghastly as it can be, worst tire I have tried in terms of wet grip. How vastly different are PS4 or even Turanza T001 compared to these, insanity, it's not worth the premium. Tire pressures won't help as it isn't sensitive to tire pressures, I attempted to mix pressures + front - back/- front + back to get the car handle better but to no avail. It only denotes that this is not a performance tire. - Snow and Ice handling: usually my family member switches these to winter tires however this tire has seen snow and ice before. Surprisingly adequate. Wasn't half bad in light snow, can push the car and it will grip, somehow the car was neutral rather than veer into understeer. Deeper snow provided massive struggle but in cold and damp roads it was pretty safe. Ice was also surprisingly better than my Continental WinterContact TS860 tires. These did not struggle and bit the road surface with patches of ice without an issue. On full ice it proved to be marginally faster than my car even with AWD. I guess it's due to compound of the tire and tire block flex that dictates the car's balance with these tires. - Feedback: look far away from these tires if you care about road feedback. There is none at all, only communication you'll get is from the chassis and if it isn't communicative as well you're in for trouble. Ultimately a car equipped with electric power steering robs feel and feedback making the steering as light as feather transmuting a dull and uninspiring drive. Tire gives no resistance on the steering wheel, no positive feel or feedback. Mentioned previously how I almost caused a car accident due to lackluster feel; on a high profile tire progressiveness is the main aspect and I couldn't even feel it. Truly horrid and lackluster unless you really want to isolate your driving that much - you won't feel bump-steer, vibrations or heft with these tires so go ahead if you want a disconnected experience. - Comfort: slightly firmer car and underdamped suspension was no issue for it. These tires are of topic I'd include comfort. Its main highlight is that it absorbs bumps, irregularities and vibrations effortlessly. On such a dull chassis it managed to make a ride supple, helped a lot with roads that were in bad condition as well as gravel roads, it floated like a carpet! This is the result of a tire being overly high profile with soft sidewalls. My TS860 is slightly softer I would say but this is still 10/10 in that category unlike PS4 where if encountered gravel roads I'd feel like my teeth are being smashed even at 10 kmh but all round absorbed irregularities in the roads supremely and handled like it was on rails. - Wear: hard wearing tire, it lasted quite a while and vastly impressed by that. Most of my tires are in 10k-15k range sometimes 20k range so I rate this blissfully perfect. Overall: if you want a boring, "safe", uninspiring ride then this all season tire is for you. I really think there's better competition than this and for a cheaper price, it's only comfort and wear that's superb on them but I had WinterContact TS860 which was super comfy and it had superb handling capabilties maybe even more exciting as they liked to oversteer a bit in snow and it was a winter tire at that. If they weren't so high wearing these tires maybe would provide handling capabilities. These tires have good heat resistance so it's safe to use them if you don't push them and drive sensibly at or under speed limit with some marginals for over the limit.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 4, 2021
Given 39% while driving a Ford Kuga (235/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
After 18000 miles and 3 years of not satisfying usage my latter feelings are "Finally I got rid of them.". They came on my newly bought 2017 Ford Kuga AWD. There were always a feel of numbness. Grip was not bad on dry but you always had a doubt because of less feedback. On wet, situation was worse because of lesser feedback, you just couldn't rely on those rubber. They were M+S tyres but on snow, what you need was a proper winter tyre. On light off road conditions they were not bad. Maybe one and only good thing about these tyres were that. Beside those, there was an odd case of "Constant nail, screw penetration". A total of 4 penetrations caused 4 patches. And maybe 4 or 5 more were cleaned out by me before fully sink into. That made me think that the tyre pattern was susceptible for penetration; grabbing nails, etc. Maybe there were some miles left in those tyres but after 3 years rubber became degenerate, ruptured and I decided to throw them away. Michelin is not a bad tyre manufacturer this is obvious but some oem tyres like those which made for car manufacturers are, I guess, not have the same quality as the tyre brand's other tyres. And I want to believe that this was the case. Today I change winter tyres (2 years old Falken Eurowinter HS01s) with newly bought Falken Azenis FK510 SUVs.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 13, 2021
Given 82% while driving a Ford Kuga (235/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 21,000 average miles
21,000 miles on the clock and haven't needed a new tyre yet. Front 2 are almost ready to be replaced, back to still have a few thousand miles left in them.
2 - tyre reviewed on December 7, 2020
Given 89% while driving a Honda CR V III (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 57,000 average miles
Have them for 90000 km on my CRV III, brilliant tyres super quiet, gripping as new even after so many kms. Tread still good, only sidewalls are cracking lightly, I live in a sunny place so this is normal. Mostly on motorways with a few off road visits, not tested on thick snow nor ice. Never had a puncture nor any air loss, this could also be due to luck though. I will definitely buy them again although cannot anymore find them on my dimensions and will have to settle for 235/60 or 235/55, instead of 225/60, not sure if that will will be appropriate though.
2 - tyre reviewed on August 17, 2020
Given 82% while driving a Porsche Macan Diesel S (255/50 R19 V) on mostly motorways for 65,000 average miles
These came as a no cost option OEM on my Porsche Macan S Diesel. They were described as All Season but I believe they are sold in some markets as only Summer tyres. I found them to be predictable, comfortable and incredibly long lasting. In all the time I had them I only saw the traction control light come on once, and never any surprises going into tightening bends or roundabouts, dry or wet.

After 65,000 miles on the original set I sold the car with 3 mm on each tyre, even without being able to rotate them (fronts are 235/55, rears 255/50). It might have been because they were N0 rated (Porsche spec) but they rode well, never harsh with plenty of communication. In hindsight they did occasionally float over a succession of bumps, but I only realised this when my Macan S replacement with 21" 295/35 arrived, and copes with the same section of road without any lurching. This might be due to the reduced tyre wall though. Personally I would not hesitate to have them again. Worth the extra money every time and highly recommended
2 - tyre reviewed on November 13, 2019
Given 84% while driving a Porsche Macan Diesel S (295/40 R20 V) on a combination of roads for 23,000 average miles
My Porsche Macan (with air/suspension/drive management) was fitted with this tyre from new. They have performed brilliantly on all surfaces and in all conditions and never let me down feeling exceptionally safe and in touch with the road. I have just replaced the rears (dominant driving wheels) despite them having ample legal tread and restored quiet controlled running. Michelin Latitude Tour HP are well suited M + S tyres for my car - recommended.
4 - tyre reviewed on October 4, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Volvo xc70, 2.4t, 200bhp (215/65 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 25,000 average miles
I got these tyres with the car but they are very nice tyres. They last fort over 40k kilometers (25k miles) and they were not new when I bought the car and they are not totally gone at the moment though I am looking for replacement. I do corner the car faster than what would be best for the longest life of its tyres so this is not bad at all.

If they were not so expensive, it would be a no-brainer. Second thing is I have wintertyres too so maybe I buy summertyres instead if these all season tyres. That's why it became an eight at the the end of the day if one asks me whether or not I would buy them again.
14 - tyre reviewed on July 27, 2018
Given 86% while driving a Honda CR V III (225/60 R18) on mostly motorways for 75,000 average miles
Have 50 thousand km on them, excellent tire, can still go another 10 thousand km easy , mostly driven on highway, no noise at all still after 3.5 years with them, excellent handling in dry mainly still after so many km and years and in a warm environment , worth every cent and I will buy them again when time comes. For people who complain about not so good handling, go check and change your shock absorbers, especially the front, this is 99% where the issue is and not the tires.
19 - tyre reviewed on August 25, 2017
Given 100% while driving a BMW X3 (235/55 R17 H) on mostly town for 7,000 average miles
already 1year/10k km with these tyres and i feel happy for my purchase. ok it is an expensive tyre (180euros each) but they worth. i have no experience in wet conditions because in my country it is raining rarely. also i am driving 99% on road (no offroading). even at top speeds of 130-150km/h the tyres give me perfect grip and feedback. hope they will last long time. would buy again
7 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2015
Given 54% while driving a Peugeot 3008 (215/60 R16 H) on mostly town for 18,000 average miles
On dry roads especially on slopes very weak grip.On slihtly wet roads grip is disappointing. Theri is no grip at all in winter! Break distance is not well on both dry and wet roads. It takes time to warm up. Not suitable for short range urban use.
8 - tyre reviewed on May 8, 2014
Given 37% while driving a Land Rover Freelander TD4 (BMW M47R) (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 easy going miles
Replaced two Michelin Synchrone rear tyres on my 2006 Freelander TD4 with Latitude Tour tyres from Michelin. Tyre vendor advised that Michelin say Latitude Tours are a direct replacement for Synchrones. Immediately I drove away I started to notice a vibration and loud rumbling from underneath the car between 2500 - 3000 RPM.
This was very uncomfortable and led me to suspect all sorts of mechanical problems. Having had the transmission and VCU checked out I had the original synchrones re-fitted and the vibration and rumbling stopped immediately. My advise would be to avoid these tyres - they are too expensive, they look rubbish on a 4X4 and will drive you mad. An expensive mistake and I doubt I will get my money back. Hold on to your Synchrones.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 25, 2012
Given 37% while driving a Land Rover Freelander TD4 (BMW M47R) (215/65 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 58,000 easy going miles
noisey on the road please bring back the best tyre ever produced by michelin the sychrone tyre which can do well in excess of 60,000 miles may be it was to good thats why they stopped makeing them?
2 - tyre reviewed on February 23, 2012