Nexen N Blue 4 Season

The Nexen N Blue 4 Season is a Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 14 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 113,115 miles driven.

The N Blue 4 Season is ranked 10th of 50 All Season Touring tyres.

2020 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test - 11th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Balanced level of performance, short dry braking, good aquaplaning resistance, low noise, low price.
  • Negative - Average wet grip, high rolling resistance.

2020 All Season Tyre Market Overview - 32 Tyre Braking Test - 9th of 33 tyres

2020 Tyre Reviews All Season Tyre Test - 7th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Good snow traction, very low levels of noise, good levels of comfort, well priced.
  • Negative - Low grip in the dry and wet, low aquaplaning resistance, high rolling resistance.
  • Overall - The N'Blue 4Season is a quiet and comfortable tyre, but lacks the grip of the best all season tyres on test.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nexen N Blue 4 Season

Questions and Answers for the Nexen N Blue 4 Season

2017-12-28 - I have 2 of these tyres on order. Until I can afford another 2 would you recommend fitting them to the front or rear of a standard front wheel drive car? The other axle will have summer tyres on. What's left of the continental eco contact 2. Approx 4/5mm tread.

Traditional advice is always put the newer tyres on the rear axle, which helps the car keep an understeer balance rather than an oversteer balance, and wears the older tyres out more quickly. In this case, this is what I would do.

N Blue 4 Season Prices

YouTube Review

Top 3 Nexen N Blue 4 Season Reviews

Given 77% while driving a Chevrolet Lacetti (195/55 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
These tyres are a replacement for the original Hankook tyres that came with the vehicle (Chevrolet Lacetti purchased from new) which were excellent and have lasted 75K km. This is our second car and family workhorse used by several members of the family daily, we use a 7 seater for family transport and towing. So while we like the car, its run on a budget and I had no intention of buying separate winter and summer tyres. I explained the situation and he suggested all weather Vredsteins at some astronomical price per corner, he left to take a call and the young fitter recommended these at half the price.

Grip in all conditions is more than adequate for this vehicle, the extremely muddy lane where we go to walk the dogs is no longer a gamble with the worn Hankook summer tyres and I am confident that the coming snow will not be either. I have noticed that there has been a substantial reduction in tyre noise. I have had the car from new so that noise was just how it had always been. I will see how they fair over the winter but as it stands I will replace the 7 seater with the same tyres for the price.
118 - tyre reviewed on November 9, 2017
Given 83% while driving a Peugeot 407 4 door sedan 2.0 petrol (215/60 R16 H) on mostly town for 800 average miles
Good light tires with great grip wet, dry or snow once they had 200miles break-in. Road feedback is limited though, first miles leave you doubting the tire, but this improves once they break-in.
Comfort is improved, compound is on the soft side. Tires are much better than my old Falken ZE-912, although they are so soft I have my doubts as to durability. No doubt regarding winter grip, wet or snow - it is great and so is the tire. Dry is not bad either, but the tire gives you more comfort than feel for the road.
27 - tyre reviewed on December 24, 2017
Volkswagen (215/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Update after 2000km an one winter... XL version is a bit noisier than standard, like a winter Tyre. Grip in snow is like with used winter Tyre. In wet...ok. In dry...ok.
17 - tyre reviewed on March 1, 2020
Have you driven on the Nexen N Blue 4 Season tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Nexen N Blue 4 Season? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Nexen N Blue 4 Season >

Latest Nexen N Blue 4 Season Reviews

Given 61% while driving a Volkswagen Golf Estate 2.0 tdi 140 (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 9,000 average miles
Tires were great at the beggining although 3 out of 4 turned very curved and are impossible to balance. Have developed side cracks after 1 year of use. Although the tire is very quiet with good comfort. 2nd winter I climbed 1600m easily at -5 degree on snow and the car didn’t even caused me a problem. Its like a winter tyre. The back is very tricky on wet but predictable. They are quite weak in the dry especialy at 20degree and up and are not for fast drivers. Wear is normal but if you buy them before winter they might be ok for an absolute maximum of 3 winter and 3 summer seasons if you turn the weels from back to front. I drive them on my personal car. Great for the price if they ate not defective.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 31, 2021
Given 78% while driving a Mercedes Benz A (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10 average miles
Bought used Mercedes A160 W168 (as 3rd car in the family, for purpose of driving kid to the kindergarten) with, for me, weird tyre dimension, 195/50 R15 and I found these tyres for bargain, so less than 200€/set. I replaced ancient winter Pirellis which were on the car and I have to admit, although I got recommendation for N Blue 4 season, I have never driven 4 season tyres and never had any tyre brand than Michelin, Continental and Goodyear, so I did not know what to expect. It's been almost 6 months since then and I've driven them on dry road in the summer, wet road (here at my place we have lots of rain) and even snow. I am aware of limitation of allweather tyres, so I didn't even try to push them to a limits, but drive normally. Wow! I can recommend them. You won't have comfort like with premiums, but you will certainly get value for money. If your average mileage is approx 20.000-25.000 km/year, you might consider those tyres. Don't be snob. I would buy them again.
1 - tyre reviewed on February 1, 2021
Given 86% while driving a Peugeot 407 4 door sedan 2.0 petrol (215/60 R16 H) on mostly town for 6,200 average miles
10k km update after 2 winters and ran as rears one summer. So mostly colder weather running. I drive up to 10-20km above the speed limit. The tyre is comfortable and reasonably quiet. If you can hear a bit of noise and or feel a bit of a winter tyre squirm, you are probably underinflated. No, it is not a UHP summer, it gets you no feedback and average dry handling, but still good and can be driven sporty if you adjust. As it is soft, it tends to stick to the road. Over 20C though, they get vague and I would change or only run them as rears on a FWD. It is brilliant on ice. Snow and ice is on par with a Firestone Winterhawk 3. Wet is good, grippy and uneventful. Little wear. Can recommend for the average Joe, who values his comfort as much the occasional Italian tune-up.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 25, 2020
Given 88% while driving a Hyundai i20 (185/60 R15 H) on mostly town for 2,000 spirited miles
I bought these XL tires, tired of the seasonal tire change. I was worried that the summer performance was bad and the noise was excessive. I was wrong, immediately the comfort offered surprised me. In autumn and winter you can appreciate the quality of the tire, even in summer it does not disappoint with excellent performance in the wet. I was so pleased with these tires that I also bought them for my mother-in-law's Fiesta.
7 - tyre reviewed on October 20, 2020
Given 85% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 linear sport 1.9TID (150) (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 12,000 average miles
Bought these Nexen N blue 4 seasons for my Saab 93. I wanted a All season tyre that was good value for money. I paid around £62 a tyre compared to £100 Plus for the premium tyres available. I drive around 20000 miles a year on mostly motorways but need a tyre that is capable of getting me home no matter the weather,I have previously had Michelin cross climates which were great tyres however the only part the cross climates were only slightly better at was dry handling, apart from that there’s nothing between them in my opinion. They have never let me down during heavy rain and seem very stable even in flooded motorways. Haven’t had the chance to use them in snow so cannot comment on snow performance, however I’m sure they will do the job. Currently driven 12000 miles and they have hardly worn at all. Fuel economy seems fine as-well as noise levels. In my opinion these are the best value All season tyre on the market and I will definitely buy them again. Bought these on the recommendation on a video from Tyre reviews so thanks mate.
10 - tyre reviewed on April 12, 2020
Volkswagen (215/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
Just bought this (XL version) after a long reading of reviews and tests.
It replaced an aged Continental PremiumContact 5.
Tested as new in wet and dry.
So far, I am pleased with them.
I have immediately felt that they are more comfortable, maneuverable and quite tyres.
Did not tried yet in winter but based on profile and tests, it will not dissapoint.
My main conceurne was, grip in wet and dry and maneuvrability.
The only drawback ( but I knew about it) is the fuel efficiency. I do feel they are less efficient( mostly on starting the car, you have to push the pedal more).
Anyhow, giving the price/quality ratio is a great compromise. After 4 yrs even with 0,2 l/100 increased consumption, you are still on plus compared to a premium, more expensive tyre.
I do recommend them.
Wear is not a concern for me. For sure they will last 3 yrs.
I will update the review after winter driving.

8 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Citroën C4 Picasso (2013 ) (205/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 30,000 average miles
I use the tyres on a citreon c4 picasso II. Almost a year now i've driven on almost all conditions. I was impressed on the ice and snow performance. While on daily normal commute i never used snow chains except on heavy snowstorm at the mountains. I was really curious about the summer performance, because at my area gets really hot for a long period. The tyre performed really good even at high speeds while the temperature was above 38 Celsius. I noticed a little problem on aquaplaning,maybe more than i expected. Overall a really honest tyre that has nothing to be jealous from the high end brands. Definitely buy them again.
8 - tyre reviewed on October 6, 2019
Given 83% while driving a Skoda Yeti 4 x 4 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 18,000 average miles
I've had these fitted to a 4x4 yeti for the last 1 1/2 years and have seen 2 winters with snow with them.

Positive points
1. Quiet
2. Decent road handling in wet and dry, braking is good in both.
3. In snow these are great and in sub 4 degrees they seem to grip even better.
4. Grip on muddy roads/lanes much better than summer tyres
5. Good feedback from tyres

Negative
1. Fuel economy seems down on summer equivalents by 5-10%
2. Wear seems lightly greater than summer tyre - i'll get max 2 years out of these (24k miles) but that isn't too bad for a 4x4
3. Aquaplane - seems lower than summers/goodyear vector 4 seasons - Something to be aware of.

My wifes car has Goodyear Vector 4 seasons fitted. They seem to wear better but are very similar for wet, dry and snow abilities.

Will use these again purely as they are £76 each for my car, whereas Bridgestones A005's, Goodyear vector 4 seasons gen 2 or michelins are £115-135 each.

The difference in abilities between these and the Goodyear vector 4 seasons gen 2 does not warrant the price

13 - tyre reviewed on February 16, 2019
Given 89% while driving a Ford Fiesta (195/55 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 5 average miles
Got them in Oct 2017 for the front wheels and so far they performed briliantly in all conditions, providing that the car is driven sensibly.
If I arrive too quickly to a roundabout in wet conditions, the skid is progressive and controllable.
As they are all-season tyres, the grip in icy conditions is surprisingly good.

Recommended them to a work colleague for her old Jazz, she is delighted.
16 - tyre reviewed on December 29, 2018
Given 73% while driving a Ford Fiesta (175/65 R14) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Okay let's do this. I blind bought these tyres because they were cheap and because I liked the thread. And so far so good, I made the best choice for the price.
Summer handling: they're nothing more than sufficient. It's a perfectly safe a comfy tyre, but the shoulder is high and the rubber compound is soft, so in tight corners you can feel the grip limit. But hey, if you're not an F1 driver they perform well!
Winter handling: they're like a high level summer tyre. Good grip in every condition, I'm honestly really impressed.
The snow and ice handling is also very good for an all season tyre!
What about wet conditions? Good. Good handling in corners, good braking and good traction. Average aquaplaning resistance. Buy again? Absolutely!
16 - tyre reviewed on October 27, 2018