Nexen N Blue 4 Season

The Nexen N Blue 4 Season is a Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 104,105 miles driven.

Latest Group Test Results

2020 Tyre Reviews All Season Tyre Test - 7th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Good snow traction, very low levels of noise, good levels of comfort, well priced.
  • Negative - Low grip in the dry and wet, low aquaplaning resistance, high rolling resistance.
  • Overall - The N'Blue 4Season is a quiet and comfortable tyre, but lacks the grip of the best all season tyres on test.

2020 All Season Tyre Market Overview - 32 Tyre Braking Test - 9th of 33 tyres

2020 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test - 11th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Balanced level of performance, short dry braking, good aquaplaning resistance, low noise, low price.
  • Negative - Average wet grip, high rolling resistance.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nexen N Blue 4 Season

Questions and Answers for the Nexen N Blue 4 Season

2017-12-28 - I have 2 of these tyres on order. Until I can afford another 2 would you recommend fitting them to the front or rear of a standard front wheel drive car? The other axle will have summer tyres on. What's left of the continental eco contact 2. Approx 4/5mm tread.

Traditional advice is always put the newer tyres on the rear axle, which helps the car keep an understeer balance rather than an oversteer balance, and wears the older tyres out more quickly. In this case, this is what I would do.

Top Nexen N Blue 4 Season Review

Given 77% while driving a Chevrolet Lacetti (195/55 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
These tyres are a replacement for the original Hankook tyres that came with the vehicle (Chevrolet Lacetti purchased from new) which were excellent and have lasted 75K km. This is our second car and family workhorse used by several members of the family daily, we use a 7 seater for family transport and towing. So while we like the car, its run on a budget and I had no intention of buying separate winter and summer tyres. I explained the situation and he suggested all weather Vredsteins at some astronomical price per corner, he left to take a call and the young fitter recommended these at half the price.

Grip in all conditions is more than adequate for this vehicle, the extremely muddy lane where we go to walk the dogs is no longer a gamble with the worn Hankook summer tyres and I am confident that the coming snow will not be either. I have noticed that there has been a substantial reduction in tyre noise. I have had the car from new so that noise was just how it had always been. I will see how they fair over the winter but as it stands I will replace the 7 seater with the same tyres for the price.
117 - tyre reviewed on November 9, 2017

Latest Nexen N Blue 4 Season Reviews

Have you driven on the Nexen N Blue 4 Season tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Nexen N Blue 4 Season? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Nexen N Blue 4 Season >>

Given 86% while driving a Peugeot 407 4 door sedan 2.0 petrol (215/60 R16 H) on mostly town for 6,200 average miles
10k km update after 2 winters and ran as rears one summer. So mostly colder weather running. I drive up to 10-20km above the speed limit. The tyre is comfortable and reasonably quiet. If you can hear a bit of noise and or feel a bit of a winter tyre squirm, you are probably underinflated. No, it is not a UHP summer, it gets you no feedback and average dry handling, but still good and can be driven sporty if you adjust. As it is soft, it tends to stick to the road. Over 20C though, they get vague and I would change or only run them as rears on a FWD. It is brilliant on ice. Snow and ice is on par with a Firestone Winterhawk 3. Wet is good, grippy and uneventful. Little wear. Can recommend for the average Joe, who values his comfort as much the occasional Italian tune-up.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 25, 2020
Given 88% while driving a Hyundai i20 (185/60 R15 H) on mostly town for 2,000 spirited miles
I bought these XL tires, tired of the seasonal tire change. I was worried that the summer performance was bad and the noise was excessive. I was wrong, immediately the comfort offered surprised me. In autumn and winter you can appreciate the quality of the tire, even in summer it does not disappoint with excellent performance in the wet. I was so pleased with these tires that I also bought them for my mother-in-law's Fiesta.
7 - tyre reviewed on October 20, 2020
Trying to pick the very best winter tyre? Watch this!
Given 85% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 linear sport 1.9TID (150) (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 12,000 average miles
Bought these Nexen N blue 4 seasons for my Saab 93. I wanted a All season tyre that was good value for money. I paid around £62 a tyre compared to £100 Plus for the premium tyres available. I drive around 20000 miles a year on mostly motorways but need a tyre that is capable of getting me home no matter the weather,I have previously had Michelin cross climates which were great tyres however the only part the cross climates were only slightly better at was dry handling, apart from that thereís nothing between them in my opinion. They have never let me down during heavy rain and seem very stable even in flooded motorways. Havenít had the chance to use them in snow so cannot comment on snow performance, however Iím sure they will do the job. Currently driven 12000 miles and they have hardly worn at all. Fuel economy seems fine as-well as noise levels. In my opinion these are the best value All season tyre on the market and I will definitely buy them again. Bought these on the recommendation on a video from Tyre reviews so thanks mate.
9 - tyre reviewed on April 12, 2020
Volkswagen (215/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Update after 2000km an one winter... XL version is a bit noisier than standard, like a winter Tyre. Grip in snow is like with used winter Tyre. In wet...ok. In dry...ok.
17 - tyre reviewed on March 1, 2020
Volkswagen (215/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
Just bought this (XL version) after a long reading of reviews and tests.
It replaced an aged Continental PremiumContact 5.
Tested as new in wet and dry.
So far, I am pleased with them.
I have immediately felt that they are more comfortable, maneuverable and quite tyres.
Did not tried yet in winter but based on profile and tests, it will not dissapoint.
My main conceurne was, grip in wet and dry and maneuvrability.
The only drawback ( but I knew about it) is the fuel efficiency. I do feel they are less efficient( mostly on starting the car, you have to push the pedal more).
Anyhow, giving the price/quality ratio is a great compromise. After 4 yrs even with 0,2 l/100 increased consumption, you are still on plus compared to a premium, more expensive tyre.
I do recommend them.
Wear is not a concern for me. For sure they will last 3 yrs.
I will update the review after winter driving.

8 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2019