Pirelli PZero Nero

The Pirelli PZero Nero is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 134 tyre reviews averaging 69% over 2,282,506 miles driven.

The PZero Nero is ranked 48th of 64 Summer Max Performance tyres.

2013 Auto Bild Performance Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 8 tyres

• Positive - Great tyre with convincing sporty handling qualities. Shortest braking distances on wet track, good ride comfort, low driving noise
  • Negative - Slightly high rolling resistance

2012 Auto Bild 20 inch Tyre Test - 4th of 8 tyres

• Positive - Wet weather specialist with dynamic handling qualities, excellent aquaplaning resistance. High steering precision, short wet and dry braking.
  • Negative - Increased rolling resistance.
Size Fuel Wet Noise Weight
205/40 R17 84W XL   E B 72 9.02kgs
215/45 R17 91Y XL   E B 72 9.79kgs
215/40 R18 89W XL   E B 72 9.58kgs
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Pirelli PZero Nero. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

PZero Nero Prices

Top 3 Pirelli PZero Nero Reviews

Given 85% while driving a (205/40 R17) on mostly country roads for 9,500 spirited miles
A very good Tyre. These pirelli P Zero Nero have all the grip I need for the way I drive. I never drive near the limit of grip but I don't drive slowly and I like to press on sometimes when it's save to do so. I mainly drive on A and B roads.
108 - tyre reviewed on April 5, 2016
Given 91% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Vector Sport TiD 150 Saloon (225/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 7,456 average miles
Hey
Since I used this site to choose my tires, here is my review on Pirelli PZero Nero
I'm have them from 2 seasons now.
Great tires for summer ! great grip on dry and wet (not really great at fast cornering,but maybe I wanted to have a bit of split).
I drive mostly city,but been outside for few road trips,and they do great on highway.
Downside: u have to get use to them in wet conditions.
Did hit few potholes(since I can recall it,they were big) and no problem so far , no bubbles or flats.
Will buy them again,when their live is over.
15 - tyre reviewed on October 15, 2018
Given 70% while driving a Suzuki swift sport (205/40 R17) on mostly country roads for 50,000 easy going miles
I have this tyres for about 5k now and they are great, I drive a Suzuki Swift Sport from 2007 and if you know the car you'd know its made for cornering and county roads. They do great but not for the Price and the "name" of the tyre, it's a Good overall tyre but I wouldn't consider them as performance ty
10 - tyre reviewed on October 31, 2019
Have you driven on the Pirelli PZero Nero tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Pirelli PZero Nero? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Pirelli PZero Nero >

Latest Pirelli PZero Nero Reviews

Given 66% while driving a Land Rover Range Rover V8 Autobiography (/40 R20) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
Decent quality made Tire for the money i paid for at the time; i think they are discontinued now... It wear out fast here in the deep south where the asphalt is scorching hot, i know this was a concern when i bought it! It takes pot holes, crumbling road imperfections well, very well made tire, side wall is great! Installed new in October 2019. 98000 miles, now have 119000 miles on it. Its quiet, it grips the road & handled well on all seasons. I was amazed by the performance it provided me during a 15 miles black ice covered freeway while driving in -15F temperature in Nebraska also works great in light snow covered road at night during the winter with traction control in snow mode ON. Never missed a heart beat, I Love my RRS with Pirelli Nero. Be aware this tires don't like ridding in heavy rain or deep water on this heavy SUV, aquaplaning bonanza; on my opinion the tread pattern/depth is not design for that, but is good for all the other stuff.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 22, 2021
Given 57% while driving a Skoda Fabia vRS (205/40 R17) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
My car came with a set of P zero Nero tyres on and well lets say when they need replacing I will be getting something different. In the dry they are fine, the car goes where I want it, they are quite noisy and on poorer road surfaces not the most comfortable but they are low profile. In the dry you can be vigorous when cornering and they do have good dry road characteristics both under power and when breaking. Wear wise I have been quite impressed. However in the wet they are a handful on some road surfaces and will cause the car to wander and pull this is very off putting under breaking, where the car would break straight in the dry it becomes interesting in the wet. In the wet under power they can also cause the car to wander on some types of road surface. On good A road tarmac they are fine in the wet but on resurfaced B roads it becomes a lottery.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 4, 2020
Given 90% while driving a Alfa Romeo 4C (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 17,000 spirited miles
I can't comment on the wet grip because I tend not to take my 4C Spider out when it's wet or be a bit more cautious. I have given it fairly high scores based on my experience of driving the local roads in a spirited but not stupid pace and they give me a lot of confidence. It's easy to criticise a tyre when you are pushing it to the limit such as on track, but I always feel that the tyre has more than enough grip for my style of driving. The Alfa 4C steering set up from the factory was track focused and very twitchy on UK roads, some like it that way but a revised steering geometry makes a huge difference. I've heard that Michelin PS4 Sports are a good, and may be slightly better but I'm quite happy to stay with the Pirellis. On my 17inch/18inch wheels, the tyres fitted are the AR version not the ARR version which doesn't like low temperatures. I take my car out all year round so much better to have tyres on that are less susceptible to the cold.
3 - tyre reviewed on March 8, 2020
Given 59% while driving a Nissan Skyline R32 GTR (285/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 3,500 spirited miles
They felt good when new, although their grip was so-so for a 285 tire. After one track day the tires melted and are heat cycled out. Tons of tread left, but useless as they now have zero grip. Will not buy again, and do not recommend.
4 - tyre reviewed on August 31, 2018
Given 46% while driving a MINI Cooper S (195/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
I had these fitted by Mini to my 2010 Cooper S. I've never had such low grip and noisy tyres. In the dry I don't feel confident to push the car to anywhere near how it can drive, feels vague and can feel it loosing grip. Around corners I can't keep up with anything. The wet is where these are absolutely atrocious, if I was to plant my foot into the carpet I get wheel spin in 3rd gear (this is even in damp conditions) and it's only a 184 hp car. Wet conditions are just a no go which isn't great considering it's my daily. Also had a 300 mile round trip, mostly motorways and cruising the tyre roar was awful but could really understand the road surface since I could hear it. Looking forward to changing these to something with more grip and less noise. Only positive I'd say is that the tread wear seems to be good after about 5000 mile they've faired well. But wouldn't buy again.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2017
Given 38% while driving a Ford Fiesta ST180 (205/40 R17) on mostly town for 310 spirited miles
Switched over from the OEM Bridgestone RE050A's and these tyres are kinda crap (from an everyday/comfort standpoint)

My experience:
- Noticeable increase in road noise, across all surfaces, over the Bridgestones (had to increase the volume from 3 to 5 just to be able to hear the radio again. Conversations are more difficult)
- Steering feels more vague in the dry so I don't feel confident pushing these in the wet

Haven't tried these on the track to compare, dont really want to based on the lack of steering feel.
4 - tyre reviewed on October 11, 2017
Given 64% while driving a Mercedes Benz GL63 (195/40 R21) on mostly country roads for 10,000 average miles
!!! Never get these tyres. Pirelli is fooling on customers. Tyres are easily worn away without spending even 10000 miles. So be attentive to that fact. Replaced them to Continental newly. Let's see what happens.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 3, 2017
Given 47% while driving a Skoda fabia 3 hatchback (205/45 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
Note that this review is for when I had these tyres on my Skoda Fabia 1.6 105 bhp which I eventually sold.

Good:

Very good quality material used. Did maybe 8000 miles before I sold the car & they still looked like new

Very stylish design. Best looking tyre I have seen.

Quiet. Could not notice any road noise.

Good grip in dry weather.

Bad:

Very expensive & poor for their performance. See the below points.

Suffers badly from wheelspin in damp & wet weather. I had these on the front & even when I wanted to accelerate away a bit quicker than normal, the wheels would go into a spinning frenzy. My Fabia was hardly a monster & nor did I go around like a boy racer, but for the price I paid I would have gone for a budget make instead which would have had the same issues & saved a lot of money.

Driving in the rain felt like I was on ice. No feel at all.

Can make the steering tramline. Not the worst I have experienced, but again not impressed.

Overall:

For the price I cannot recommend these. I got two Goodyear F1 AS2s, stuck them on the front & the Pirellis on the back. The difference was much better. No wheelspin, fantastic in the wet, & good road feedback. The only thing is that the Goodyears were softer than the Pirellis & looked more visibly worn out but gave a lot more confidence in all driving conditions.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 24, 2017
Given 100% while driving a Toyota Sienna (255/50 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 27,000 spirited miles
I love these tires. This is actually my second set. The first set lasted about 27,000 miles. The dry traction is excellent but the wet traction is equally as good. I went from complete hydroplaning to complete traction. It is awesome especially since my car is fwd. I highly recommend these tires. The only drawback is that they are not cheap. I have these on a Toyota Sienna SE and I always drive spirited.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 20, 2017
Given 60% while driving a Cadillac CTS (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 miles
The tires were good until I reached about 12,000 miles.
Then the noise came - I should have listened to a couple of the reviews. I would not recommend buying these tires. Im strongly considering taking a loss and getting rid of these tires and going with another brand with only 20,000 miles on them I can't take the noise in my luxury car ?
3 - tyre reviewed on March 27, 2017
Ford (225/45 R17) on for 1,000 spirited miles
We run these tyres on our track car (Fiesta 150st). We have had 4 track days now 3 of which were in the wet. The tyres performed excellent in the wet. In the dry they were also very good but it was a very cold day. There has been some slight wear on the wall on front tyres but this is to be expected at high speeds and higher than normal tyre pressures.
When we come to rep,ace them we will either purchase these again or the much more expensive Michelin Super Sport.
Very happy overall
0 - tyre reviewed on February 11, 2017
Given 47% while driving a Audi A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (245/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Most bizarre feeling I have had from tyres that I can remember. Put a pair of these on the rear and the car almost feels unstable at times due to tramlining. Have used Pirellis on my tip tops for years - never these again! Previously had teh PZero Corsa and loved them.
4 - tyre reviewed on December 22, 2016