Sava Intensa UHP 2

The stiff outer shoulder blocks of the new Sava Intensa UHP2 improve power transmission and ensure good braking performance on dry roads. At the same time, the improved tyre construction, in combination with the new strong bead for excellent steering response in the dry. The open tread pattern with large grooves and many block biting edges displaces the water quickly from the contact patch and ensures safe driving on wet roads. The Intensa UHP 2 also features a silica tread compound for improved wet grip.

This tyre replaced the Sava intensa uhp.

Tyre review data from 33 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 349,600 miles driven.

The Intensa UHP 2 is ranked 25th of 130 Summer Ultra High Performance tyres.

2021 Camper Van / SUV Tyre Test - 8th of 8 tyres

• Positive - Good aquaplaning resistance, low rolling resistance.
  • Negative - Poor grip in the wet.

2021 ADAC Summer Tyre Test - 225/50 R17 - 12th of 17 tyres

• Positive - Good in the dry, relatively quiet external noise.
  • Negative - Slightly high wear, weakness in the wet.
  • Overall - The Sava Intensa UHP2 is another tyre which is good in the sry but weak in the wet. Good comfort levels as the quietest tyre on test, but poor wear results.

2020 ACE Mid Range Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 9 tyres

• Positive - Good wet handling, high resistance to aquaplaning, low noise, good value
  • Negative - Long wet braking
  • Overall - Recommended
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Sava Intensa UHP 2

Questions and Answers for the Sava Intensa UHP 2

2019-02-05 - could you please give me the treadwear rating on the Sava Intensa UHP 2 215/55/17 R17 98W thank you

I'm sorry, we don't yet keep treadwear rating on file.

Intensa UHP 2 Prices

Top 3 Sava Intensa UHP 2 Reviews

Given 90% while driving a Renault Megane Sports Tourer (205/50 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 100 spirited miles
This tyre is very new, so I can't comment on the wear. From what I tried in this short time, UHP 2 is phenomenal!
Extremely good wet grip, comparable to my Continentals TS850P, which are known to be good in the wet. Dry grip was also very good and progressive at the limit, so you knew when the tyre is going to let go, and it was really easy to get it back in line.

Road noise was a bit more than I expected, as it was rated as 68db. It's still not loud by any means, just not as quiet as I thought it would be. Made in Germany on the same production line as GY F1 Asy3, even the thread pattern is almost identical.

Sidewalls are very soft (even in XL), so some people won't like those, but I like the comfort and the progression that comes with that.

I've driven many premium tyres over the years and this one is up there with the best. This car was previously fitted with Continental SportContact 5 in the summer and Goodyear Ultragrip 8 in the winter, and wet grip is better than both, at least for now. I'll post a mid-life review later on to see if anything changed. As of right now, I would recommend UHP2 to anyone. Low cost and good grip will probably come at the expense of the wear, but for the price, these are unbeatable!
264 - tyre reviewed on March 7, 2017
Given 88% while driving a BMW 3 series (225/50 R17 W) on mostly town for 1,500 miles
Fitted after bridgestone S001 runlats, it's like day and night.. BMW f30 is not loud inside and much more confortable even 98 Y XL's
85 - tyre reviewed on August 19, 2017
Given 62% while driving a Alfa Romeo Giulietta (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
i just want to correct the information of a previous reviewer here : Sava intensa are not made in Goodyear factory in Germany and their thread is not identical to Asy3 F1. All Sava's are made in Slovenia and intensa UHP2 are Sava's version of Fulda SportControl 2. They are identical to Fulda SportControl 2 but a bit cheaper, and quite improved in all aspects comparing to previous intensa UHP. Both Fulda and Sava belong to Goodyear group.
65 - tyre reviewed on June 3, 2017
Have you driven on the Sava Intensa UHP 2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Sava Intensa UHP 2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Sava Intensa UHP 2 >

Latest Sava Intensa UHP 2 Reviews

Given 87% while driving a Audi A4 Avant 2.0 tdi 170hp (255/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
I fitted Sava Intensa UHP 2 on new 19" rotor wheels, mine were made in Germany. I read that some of the sizes are made in Poland so it should be taken into account. Before these I was driving on 225/50R17 Goodyear Vector4Season, that are now left for winter set. Between these there is decrease in comfort, but what I can say that everything else is good with these tyres. Driving on highway with speeds over 190Km/h, either on dry and sunny day in late autumn with a lot of rain. Only thing that surprised me is aqua planning in some cases when there is suddenly too much water on road. But that would happen with every tyre since I use 255 (25.5cm) wide tyre. I definitely recommend this tyre. For 90 euros per tyre
6 - tyre reviewed on January 25, 2021
Given 47% while driving a SEAT 1.4 TSI (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 3,000 average miles
These tyres are sister company of Goodyear. Tread design looks very similar to Goodyear asymmetrical 3. Dry and wet grip was fine. Noise can be drowning on bad roads. The worst point was they perished down the tread within a year of manufacture. Had to replace. Might as well spend a little more and get Goodyear’s. Asymmetrical 3 or 5. won’t be buying these again due to droning and perishing within a year of manufacturing.
13 - tyre reviewed on August 29, 2020
Given 77% while driving a Mazda RX8 (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 13,700 spirited miles
Use them for about 22.000km (one year and seven months) in mixed roads (city driving and highway journeys) The first impression was excellent. The dry and wet grip was absolutely great. The road feedback was very good. I couldn't believe that a low budget tyre like this is performing so nice. My driving style is "aggressive" pushing the car in to the limits especially in curved roads and after 10K the wear was significant on the rear tyres but the performance in both dry and wet roads was really good. They started loosing grip at around 19K and at the last 2k km the rear tyres "died" No grip at all in dry conditions and I was lucky because the weather conditions was good. Overall their performance was excellent but for limited time. Recommended as a cheap solution that is not going to last to much.
9 - tyre reviewed on July 22, 2020
Given 87% while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
"Made In Germany" These Sava Intensa UHP 2 are made in Germany previous versions were made in the Kranj factory in Slovenia. And Sava is a Slovenian brand. I find these tyres very quiet and suit my style of driving. Some might feel that the sidewalls are a little soft but unless you drive very agressivley this is no problem. I feel safe and secure on the road and confident in braking in both dry and wet conditions. Road noise is greatly reduced from previous factory fit Bridgestone tyres. Wear wise I don't cover the mileage i once did and tyres that last too long will result in tread blocks cracking. There may be better tyres out there but for me the Sava Intensa UHP 2 does the job I want them too, at a reasinable price.
10 - tyre reviewed on June 14, 2020
Given 73% while driving a Skoda Superb MK3 (2015 Present) (215/55 R17 W) on mostly town for 1,000 miles
I have a 2016 model skoda superb 1.6 tdi vehicle. I have been using Sava intensa uhp2 tire for about 1000 km. The vehicle's factory-fitted tire was Pirelli P7. I was complaining about the voiced (71db). Sava uhp2 tire looked 67db, but this year (slovenia) tires came out 71 db. Unfortunately, it looks like a Pirelli voice. Since the cheeks are also xl (extra load), there has been a decrease in comfort. Braking with dry and wet road holding is very good. If it were as quiet as before, I would say it is the perfect choice with its affordable price. Those looking for silence and comfort can look at other tires.
2 - tyre reviewed on May 16, 2020
Given 60% while driving a Mazda 6 Wagon (215/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
After 2 years and 30 000 km i have to replace them because of wear. Not so quiet as exepted. mazda 6 gh estate
5 - tyre reviewed on May 10, 2020
Given 84% while driving a Volvo C70 2.0d (235/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
I’ve got pair of Sava UHP 2 on my front wheels - Volvo C70. I am impressed by this tyre. Very good grip in wet and dry. Soft compound. Much better than my previous Avon. I can recommend this brand to anyone. Sava is part of the Good Year family, UHP2 is the top end tyres made by this manufacturer. Tyres are made in Germany. Same quality as Good year I would say.
9 - tyre reviewed on April 8, 2020
Given 80% while driving a Skoda Octavia (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
I've had one pair for about 20k and another fitted 10k ago, it looks like the lifetime is going to be around 35k. I'm an economy driver, so they are a good fit for me, an important factor was the quietness, which they deliver. If you are after a sports feel, you may be disappointed, they don't behave that well in a curve. Given the budget price and lifetime, good value for getting from A to B.
14 - tyre reviewed on January 7, 2020
Given 83% while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 V6 (215/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 12,500 spirited miles
Tyres are great was with me even on race track.
Very good quality to price index.
Would suggest it everyone who looks for something better with not bad price.
But it isn't best choice in terms of grip there are better tyres.
And also wear is in quite normal range
18 - tyre reviewed on December 8, 2019
Given 91% while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0TDI (235/45 R18) on mostly country roads for 16,000 average miles
Hi, I have bought the tyres to replace old continental SC5 on my passat. The size is 235/45/18 and the price was just half the price of the continental. I just put my winter tyres now but during the summer I did 20k km and based on this I would say I did now have any issues at all. Of course with kick down on 2 gear the traction control steps in but I am with FWD and the torque is a lot. The tread is down now to 6.5mm on the front and 7mm on the back set of tyres which I don't know if it is good or bad for 20k km.I think I might use them 2 more seasons. So I would recommend the tyres.
9 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
I would like to confirm the fact stated by another reviewer that my Sava Intensa UHP2 are marked "Made in Germany". So not all Sava tyres are made in the factory in Kranj, Slovenia. Some are indeed made in the GY factory in Germany. My previous set of Sava UHP's were made in Slovenia, but not this set of 2's. These are the quietest tyres I have driven on, they feel sure footed with just a small amount of flex in the sidewalls when cornering. I don't drive into corners like an F1 driver but prefer a more comfortable speed. The Sava's never feel they are going to let me down unlike previous Potenza's which suffered wheel hop in the wet from traffic lights.
10 - tyre reviewed on September 19, 2019
Given 67% while driving a Renault Megane Sports Tourer (205/50 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 16,000 spirited miles
This is an End of Life review of Sava UHP2. In the beginning, I was more than impressed with this tyre. (see the Top Review on this site) After driving them for 3 seasons ( I change to winters from November to March) and 25.000km I still feel that they were a good purchase, especially considering the price. However, in their third year there is a very noticeable drop in wet grip, so much that I'll probably replace them before they wear out completely. They now have about 3-4 mm of thread left, which is more than expected.
Dry grip is still fine, maybe I feel a small difference in braking, tha ABS kicks in more than before.

I'm a fast driver and like to drive fast in all conditions and these don't fit the bill anymore in the wet. A "normal" driver would probably not even notice this change.

All in all, I'd still recommend them, but after this summer season I'm replacing them with Falken FK510.
6 - tyre reviewed on August 26, 2019