Sava intensa uhp

The Sava intensa uhp is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Sava Intensa UHP 2

Tyre review data from 15 tyre reviews averaging 76% over 131,401 miles driven.

Latest Group Test Results

2016 ADAC Tyre Test - 225/45 R17 - 6th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Top marks in wear
  • Negative - A little weak in the wet compared to the best on test

2014 Auto Bild Top 15 Summer Tyre Test - 6th of 15 tyres

• Positive - Stable driving on a wet track, good aquaplaning properties, short dry braking distances
  • Negative - Slow steering response, increased rolling resistance

2014 Auto Bild 50 Summer Tyre Shootout - 10th of 50 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Sava intensa uhp
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Sava intensa uhp. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Sava intensa uhp Reviews

Given 91% while driving a Dacia Logan (215/45 R17) on for 1,000 miles
Excellent GY kitchen summer tyre for a bargain. A bit higher fuel consumption, though.
49 - tyre reviewed on May 7, 2016
Given 76% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Vector Sport TiD 150 Saloon (215/55 R16 W) on mostly motorways for 1,000 average miles
Good on dry, not bad grip on wet, but nothing special.
7 - tyre reviewed on May 8, 2016
Given 17% while driving a Skoda Octavia (205/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
I can't believe what I've read above! These are easily the worst, most dangerous tyres I've ever had. They were mounted on the front (drive) wheels of my 140 bhp Octavia when I bought it second-hand, and I couldn't get rid of them fast enough. In the dry, they lost all traction when starting off, leaving the nose waving all over the place before they finally bit. Understeering was frightening in the dry, and I'll leave the wet to your imagination. It was horrifyingly unpleasant. Utter rubbish, not to be fitted to a wheelchair even.
5 - tyre reviewed on March 9, 2012
Have you driven on the Sava intensa uhp tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Sava intensa uhp? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Sava intensa uhp >

Latest Sava intensa uhp Reviews

Given 57% while driving a Skoda Octavia (225/40 R18 V) on mostly country roads for 50,000 spirited miles
Car slips when accelerating easily. Better situation on wet surface. They last long. Low comfort.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 6, 2019
Given 93% while driving a Skoda Octavia estate (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 25,000 easy going miles
I've just finished my third season (April - November) with these tyres. The tyres perform very well in the dry and I've had no issues with braking. In the wet they instill confidence, but when conditions are atrocious on the motorway, then I feel less comfortable with their grip. Having said that, I've never had a moment with them with the 25,000+ miles (40,000+ km) that I've driven with them and the braking distances are consistent with the wet driving conditions experienced. They are a little noisy (and this was expected) but it's not too bad, even with the music switched off. For me the biggest surprise is the wear. They are still showing 6mm after three season's driving. I'm astounded by that and know I'll probably get a few more seasons out of them before having to change them. When I do change them, I'm going for the Sava UHP 2 tyres, just because they seem to have slightly better reviews. For the money and the excellent wear ratio, I can highly recommend these tyres. Sava may be in the economy category of tyres, but I think they are far better than they are categorised. So much so, that I went for Sava Eskimo HP 2 winter tyres this year. Buy (and drive) with confidence.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 17, 2018
Good on dry, not bad grip on wet, but nothing special.
7 - tyre reviewed on May 8, 2016
Given 91% while driving a Dacia Logan (215/45 R17) on for 1,000 miles
49 - tyre reviewed on May 7, 2016
Given 89% while driving a Vauxhall (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 9,000 average miles
These tyres for the price are the best available. Excellent in dry road ...and really good in wet. For my car with this power they are super... no problems at all.
They are made for high speed and i tested that.

Absolutely buy these tyres , i' ll definitely buy again.

Best Wishes.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 5, 2016
Given 63% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3SportWagon 250 (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
My feelings are mixed about this tyre if comparing it with the top end (e.g. CSS5 and goodyear f1 as2) and my biggest disappointment from them is that half-way through their life they have started becoming noisy and perhaps started loosing grip a bit. In one year I have covered about 12k miles, they still have 5.5/6mm thread so plenty of life left in them so they are wearing well especially bearing in mind that they are on FWD car with 250bhp and 350nm. On the other hand I doubt there's better tyre for this money so all in all it is well balanced tyre with some compromises to be had. Dry grip I cannot complain at all, wet could of been better but no dangerous aquaplaning so it is perfectly capable. I will drive them down to around 3mm so I'm expecting about 10k miles more from them.
3 - tyre reviewed on June 11, 2014
Given 50% while driving a Audi A6 Avant S Line Le Mans Quattro 3.0TDi (255/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
Bought these to replace continental sport contact - I was looking for a quiet tyre and the official tyre labelling implied these should meet the requirement. Initial impressions were very good, comfort and noise at motorway speeds was excellent. However they have now become almost unbearably noisy. Close inspection of the tread reveals some of the tread pattern only extends to half the depth of the main elements - this has now worn out and the nature of the tyre has changed completely even though the tyre is only half worn. Total mileage on this rubber has been 12000 miles compared to 20000 on the previous continentals. Other aspects of the tyres were all acceptable.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 25, 2013
Given 93% while driving a Opel Astra G (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
Good tyres. Very quiet and comfortable with slight weakness on wet roads...but for the price it's a bargain.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 19, 2012
Given 93% while driving a Ford Focus (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 3,200 spirited miles
I'll never again take a look on a Continental and Bridgestone after these tires. Better price, better comfort,better wear...dry grip at Bridgestone level. The only negative point is a little sluggish wet behaviour.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 5, 2012