Dunlop SP Sport FM800

The Dunlop SP Sport FM800 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 34 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 376,630 miles driven.

The SP Sport FM800 is ranked 24th of 135 Summer Premium Touring tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Dunlop SP Sport FM800

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Dunlop SP Sport FM800

Questions and Answers for the Dunlop SP Sport FM800

2017-12-10 - Is this tyre good and the wear of the tyre is it good or bad?

There have been no magazine wear tests of the Dunlop SP Sport FM800 but the user reviews on this website indicate the Dunlop SP Sport FM800 wears well.

2019-04-05 - Which tire is best value and better break test? Dunlop SP Sport FM800 or Toyo Proxes CF2

I have not seen these in a test together yet, sorry.

2019-08-22 - I wanted to ask what are the European labeling parameters of these tyres (wet grip, fuel efficiency and noise).

The label scores vary depending on size and part number. We don't keep records of the FM800 so it will be best to go directly to Dunlop.

Top 3 Dunlop SP Sport FM800 Reviews

Given 89% while driving a Peugeot 5008 (215/50 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
Very good tire in all conditions.
Good at dry, wet and cornering.
Also quiet tire.
Cant say anything about wear and long lasting, still using them with no sign of traction loss.
Helpful 501 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2017
Given 97% while driving a MINI Cooper S Works (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 40 average miles
My wif's Mini Cooper S Convertable had Pirelli Tyres prior to the Dunlop..
Dunlop definately "Value for Money"
Now fitting them to my Audi A3 ....
Helpful 169 - tyre reviewed on April 5, 2019
Given 96% while driving a Peugeot 508SW HDi estate with 17" wheels (215/55 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
Very comfortable tyre. Great wet-dry grip. Low wear. No road sound. Perfect
Helpful 60 - tyre reviewed on February 27, 2017
Have you driven on the Dunlop SP Sport FM800 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Dunlop SP Sport FM800? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Dunlop SP Sport FM800 >

Latest Dunlop SP Sport FM800 Reviews

Given 51% while driving a Ford Focus ST250 (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 30 spirited miles
Needed a cheaper replacement to my eagle f1s that were previously on my Ford focus st. Not a bad tire but very disappointing performance. Tire struggles alot for traction when driving enthusiastically.
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on May 28, 2022
Given 91% while driving a Ford Focus Trend (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 2,500 average miles
Having driven for around 2500 miles already I can safely say the Dunlop SP Sport FM800 is well worth buying. I was advised by my tyre supplier when I went there for a replacement to all 4 tyres of my Ford Focus 1.0 ecoboost. I couldn't believe the difference it immediately made on the handling, stopping and overall low noise level. My old Michelin Primacy 3 were good but these Dunlops are on par if not better than my old ones due to the fact that they cost a lot less, which makes them good value for money. I would definitely recommend these tyres to anyone looking for something good on a tight budget.
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on March 8, 2022
Want the best Performance summer tyre? Click here!
Given 87% while driving a Honda 1.8 VTi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Very good tyre, it reminds me of the Goodyear Efficient Grip german made which unfortunately not available anymore in Lebanon.
Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on September 18, 2021
Given 88% while driving a Mitsubishi magna (215/60 R16) on mostly town for 200 spirited miles
I'm comparing my new tyres to my previous tyre Goodyear EfficientGrip. I was considering getting a new set of EfficientGrips because they have lasted 10 years and they have been outstanding in all seasons, but Bob Jane were able to offer a buy-3-get-1-free offer on these Dunlops FM800s instead. (The EfficientGrip had since been replaced by EfficientGrip Performance and an EfficientGrip Performance 2 is availabe in some markets, but Goodyear didn't reply to my question as to when it would be sold in Australia (win for Dunlop). I drive a 2000 Mitsubishi Magna. As the front wheels have to steer and drive the front wheels, cheap tyres tend to spin on greasy roads at traffic lights. I'm not a hoon, but I do tend to accelerate quite quickly so I need good traction. Compared to the Goodyears, I would say these are more comfortable and absorb a little more of the roughness of Australian roads. Grip in the wet is excellent thank to the wide and deep channels. Noise is only slightly louder than the EfficientGrip, but still very good. Somehow the steering seems 'lighter' when driving the car now which is great when parking but I think it makes the car feel slightly less 'accurate' than the EfficientGrip. I can't rate these tyres for emergency braking or durability as I've only put a few hundred kms on them. Overall I'd definitely get these tyres again if they can last 10 years and there was an offer but I'd also recommend the Goodyear EfficientGrip. I'm sure they's suit most cars, but I'd highly recommend for a Magna / 380, Camry, Falcon or Commodore. Pro: Great value when on sale. Comfortable. Excellent wet and dry grip. Reasonably quiet. Easier to steer. Con: Slight vagueness in accuracy Not tested: Durability, emergency braking, fuel economy
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on July 16, 2021
Given 84% while driving a Toyota Camry (205/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Cheaper than the Michelin Energy XM2+ I previously had on my 1996 camry, these also had far better grip than the Energy XM2+. Granted, the XM2+ is more for a daily commute/everyday sort of driving, and I do spirited driving even on my way to and from work. Who knew driving a slow car fast could be so damn fun... Anyway, on one particular corner where I knew I could take it at 60 km/h with the tyres squealing, with the FM800s there wasn't any squealing and I didn't feel like I lost any grip at all. I could've gone 70 km/h faster but I didn't feel confident doing that, at least not outside of the track. Even in the wet, I could still drive like the road was dry and somehow it still retained grip, for someone who had been using XM2s and other similar "daily commute" tyres for a very long time, it was nuts going to this and seeing how far I could push them. I can't say how the wear is, because I do very spirited driving whenever I can and I've had these tyres for only about 8000 km/5000 mi, it might actually be a bit less than that. But so far there's still quite a bit of tread left, and as for noise personally I'm not bothered at all by noise as I prefer performance above anything else. But they do make more noise than the XM2+ especially if cornering hard so if you want a quiet tyre these may not be for you.
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on June 24, 2021
Hyundai Accent (185/60 R14) on mostly town for 25,000 average miles
Hi all, The car came with some sort of Kuhmo tires ,OK. First change was to Yokohama C drive ,very baggy feeling on roundabouts and sharp turns. Next Toyo nano energy 3, a lot better, still on the back. Won't wear out, Next Dunlop sport FM 800 . The best tires ,all the performance I'll ever need.Car has traveled 270000 KM
Helpful 21 - tyre reviewed on April 15, 2021
Given 55% while driving a Jaguar xf premium luxury (245/40 R19) on mostly motorways for 12,000 average miles
I have fitted circa 60 no Dunlop 245/49/19 to high Milage dealer serviced Jag Xf 2.7 d . Used for motorway miles predominantly - The last 4 delaminated ( purchased in pairs ) well before the legal minimum wear limit ( 3 to 4 ml remaining in parts ) with fabric out on the inside of the tyres due to significant uneven wear . The vehicle is regularly tracked and tyres rotated . I personally found the recent batch potentially highly dangerous and feel lucky ( multiple times ) not to have encountered a blow out at motorway speed and have changed to Goodyear’s which I find wear perfectly evenly across the full tyre width to the legal limit without any de lamination or fabric showing through .
Helpful 11 - tyre reviewed on March 16, 2021
Given 90% while driving a BMW 318 (205/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 0 miles
handle good on dry and wet
Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on January 24, 2021
Given 90% while driving a Volkswagen Classic 1.9 TDI (195/55 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Relley good Tyre very happy as good for it price
Helpful 18 - tyre reviewed on August 10, 2020
Given 90% while driving a Audi (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
The dry grip is exceptional! You can take bends at much higher speeds compared to other tyres.The wet grip is just as good,there is no sign of aquaplaning and I love the thread depth aswell.I find the rolling resistance to be a bit high but it doesn't really bother me that much. Overall a top class tyre for the money.
Helpful 40 - tyre reviewed on November 17, 2019
Given 67% while driving a Toyota Corolla Altis (195/65 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 30 average miles
This is my initial review, as I have just driven 45 kilometres uptil now. This tyre was recommended to me by my friend at TyreMall GT Road, Islamabad Pakistan. He recommended me CC6 and FM800. My requirements were the following:

1. Long tread life
2. Less Road noise
3. Moderate Comfort
4. Good Grip performance

I didn't go for CC6 as it has very soft sidewalls and terrible grip in wet. Also treadwear in CC6 is high. So I went for FM800. Got a very good price for them (52 USD/tyre approx, 195-65-15R 91V, Made in South Africa).
Earlier I used my factory fitted General Eurostars for 40,000 kms and believe me they were terrible. Huge Road noise, very hard tyres and zero comfort.

As an initial review for Dunlop SP Sport FM 800 (keeping air pressure 30 psi), the road noise has reduced by 30% on town roads, and by 50-50% on Highway/Motorway well-paved roads, as compared to my previous set of tyres. The tyres are not soft, so the hardness as compared to previous tyres is more or less the same. Grip of this tyre is the plus point. So far haven't tested it much, but the vehicle feels in total control. Road feedback is also decent.

But since this is my initial review and I just got them day before yesterday, so haven't tested them to the full. I got the wheels balanced, but alignment is still left to be done and the tyres are also in break-in, so I expect to give better reviews at 1000 kms.

Till then, if you have any questions, you may mail me at aneefizhar@gmail.com if you have any queries.
Helpful 28 - tyre reviewed on October 31, 2019
Given 79% while driving a Mitsubishi Magna VRX (235/45 R17 V) on mostly town for 19,000 spirited miles
I've been driving with these tyres for near 30,000km now after being reccomend them by a rep. I was a little hesitant at first, but was glad I took their advice. I have always felt confident in wet and dry with this tyre. It grips and brakes well, with no suprises. Over the life of it so far this hasn't faded noticeably which makes them a great choice if you want consistency. I find they provide immense stopping power in the final part of braking, with them gripping up better and hauling the car up fast.
Helpful 17 - tyre reviewed on October 14, 2019