Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue

The Cinturato P7 Blue, Pirelli’s ambassador for sustainability, has been renewed and now extends its ‘AA’ European tyre label rating to all new sizes, setting a new standard.

When originally launched in 2012, the Cinturato P7 Blue was the first tyre in the world to claim a maximum score on the European tyre label for energy efficiency and safety (in certain sizes). The latest Cinturato P7 Blue extends this standard to the new sizes added to the range, meaning that it now boasts a maximum European tyre label score on nearly all the sizes in the entire range.

This tyre replaced the Pirelli CINTURATO P7 and this tyre has been replaced by the Pirelli Cinturato P7 C2.

Tyre review data from 31 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 595,389 miles driven.

The Cinturato P7 Blue is ranked 52nd of 119 Summer Premium Touring tyres.

2021 Motor Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Very low rolling resistance.
  • Negative - Long braking distances and poor handling on dry and wet surfaces, relatively low resistance to aquaplaning, high price.

2020 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test - 13th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Very low rolling resistance, good ride comfort.
  • Negative - Long wet braking distances, poor lateral stability in the wet, low aquaplaning resistance, slow steering.

2018 Gute Fahrt Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 12 tyres

• Positive - A very balanced tyre, performing well in braking and handling tests.
  • Negative - Average aquaplaning result.
  • Overall - Very Good.
Size Fuel Wet Noise Weight
225/40 R18 92W XL   A A 71 8.80kgs
235/40 R18 95Y XL   A A 71 9.39kgs
235/40 R18 95Y XL   B A 72 9.19kgs
245/40 R18 97Y XL   A A 71 9.74kgs
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Cinturato P7 Blue Prices

Top 3 Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue Reviews

Given 90% while driving a Opel vectra c (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
Hello.

I bought the Pirelli Cinturato P7 blue as a replacement for Uniroyal RainSport2/Continental SportContatc2 combo that was fitted to the car when I bought it.
Was deciding between Conti SportContact5, Vredestein Ultrac Vorti and Cinturato P7 blue. Finally decided fot touring instead of sport tire and I'm not sorry. The tires are safe and progressive, very strong in wet conditions, very fuel efficient and ware slowly (after 10.000 miles stil 6,5-7mm thread left).
My driving style is mixed - mostly is motorway (75 mph) but I do alot of B road too and sometimes a section ot two of very spirited driving. Because these are touring tires I really cant fault them.

However ...

If you are doing a lot of spirited driving be ware ...
They have soft sidewalls so the road feedback and turn in into corners is a bit mooshy, grip is pleanty if driving is precise, but the tire will slide if you apply full power on faster (60 mph) long sweepers when the tires are fully loaded.

Final thoughts ...
Very competent, efficient and safe tire for touring and sometimes spirited driving.

For its intentions would definitly recomend ;)

Cheers from Slovenia
57 - tyre reviewed on August 26, 2015
Given 83% while driving a Volvo C70 D5 LUX (235/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 22,500 average miles
Superb lifespan from these, over 22,000 miles on the front wheels of a Volvo C70 D5. This is about 33% more than I got from Michelin Primacy 3s previously. Dry grip was excellent and wet performance also very good. Not a match for a modern sports tyre but very good indeed for a touring tyre with that sort of treadlife.
20 - tyre reviewed on August 2, 2016
Given 73% while driving a Lancia Delta 1.4 T Jet Platino (215/50 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 2,015 spirited miles
Realy good on wet roads.
Not enough energy efficinesy. I did not find eny drop in fuel consumption.
Silades on start and sharp corners.
There was some balance problems; can not be solved easly.
Light, good tire...
15 - tyre reviewed on October 18, 2017
Have you driven on the Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue >

Latest Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue Reviews

Given 61% while driving a Mercedes Benz C200 w205 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
Very good tyre for Dry enviroment. It appear to wear nicely and "slow". The tyre produces to much noise and at certain speeds becomes annoying. With the wet road it kind of dangerous, my car is RHD and I have to be very carefull with trotle. Tends to oversteer in wet roads.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 6, 2021
Given 90% while driving a Skoda (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 14,000 spirited miles
the original OEM tyres were: Pirelli PZERO ROSSO 225 50R W and I was really shocked but the wear lifespan 53'000[km] and for a Pirelli it's really a record; ahhh the performance was awesome. The shop has given to me the new version (P0 Rosso is out) and I was a bit worry for the "green" design. The new Blue Cinturato has keeping the promises of the old one; may a bit soft, in particular with the holes in the tarmac, but the pushed the limit of handling so high that, it's difficult be in troubles. Only when temp drops below 5[°C] the grip start to be not very good, but at that temp probably I've already the winter set.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 1, 2020
Want the best performance tyre? Click here!
Given 67% while driving a Skoda (215/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
After about 10.000 km and season and a half of driving, tyres started to slip in wet. I noticed it even in city while accelerating. I drive Skoda Superb with two kids in the back so I’m definitely not a spirited driver.
5 - tyre reviewed on August 8, 2020
Given 59% while driving a Opel Vectra C GTS (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Hi,

This is a follow up on mid life of the tires!

After just 16.500km and 2 seasons of driving these tires have become I'd call dangerous on wet, with almost no grip at all, the car won't stop just like in ice even with just a little bit of rain on the road. Also when accelerating you have to be very very gentle.

On the dry it is the first time I experience my car lose grip even at very low speeds (on town roads), the dry handling was not particularly good to begin with but now the car is all over the place.

Barking and comfort wise I cannot feel any noticeable diffidence.

I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED BY PIRELLI, and It is very hard for me to understand how and why a brand like Pirelli makes such a bad product, definitely not going to buy any pirelli tiers again!
10 - tyre reviewed on May 12, 2019
Given 44% while driving a BMW 523i tourer (225/55 R16 W) on mostly motorways for 12,400 easy going miles
Bought these tyres as replacement of the Pirelli Cinturato P7 with BMW * marked.
The P7* performed pretty well. I have the tyres on a BMW E61 5-series. Initially I put the tyres on the rear wheels. The car went all over the place. The tyres gave very poor longitudinal stability. On the front wheels they are reasonable. Although.... I had to exchange tyres under waranty 2x as the tyres were simply not round and very hard to balance. Strong points of the tyres is grip in dry conditions and they seem to last forever. 20.000 km (12400miles) and just 1 - 1.5mm wear.
6 - tyre reviewed on March 13, 2019
Given 78% while driving a Volvo V60 D5 (235/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 20,000 average miles
I purchased this set of 4 Pirelli P7 Blue tyres, replacing Continentals on my Volvo V60, after reading reviews.

I was particularly impressed by the 3/4 mpg reduction in my fuel consumption, but my problems with these tyres are that they are very easily damaged. 3 out 4 of these tyres have had to be replaced due to sidewall bulges. The first was replaced after 10,200 miles. The second was replaced at 16900 miles and the faulty tyre returned to Pirelli for their comments, which were that the damage was probably caused by pot holes. Both these tyres were replaced with the same PirelliP7 Blue tyres. The third tyre was replaced with an Avon tyre, as it was the only one available in stock at the particular tyre centre, with the correct specification, and the faulty tyre again returned to Pirelli for their comments and again the response was that the damage was probably caused by pot holes.
Now, considering the state of a lot of our roads, regarding pot holes, I don't consider these tyres fit for purpose, It's easy for Pirelli to just state that 'it's probably due to pot hole damage', but if the side walls are not strong enough to withstand the rigors of our roads, they are not fit for purpose, and added to that is the inherant cost of replacing tyres that were not worn out!.

I have never had this type of problem with any previous makes tyres, on any of my cars, in over 50 years of driving.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2019

0 - tyre reviewed on March 5, 2019
Given 89% while driving a Volvo C70 D5 LUX (235/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 100,000 spirited miles
I've used these on my Volvo C70 D5, S80 D5, and a V70 T5 to cover 100k+

This is a touring tyre, and is the best I've used. As a touring tyre feedback can be a bit mushy compared to a modern sports tyre and they don't offer the same level of dry grip under very hard driving but to find these limits you have to be driving in a way that would get you immediately collared if the police saw you. Wet grip and braking is excellent too.

Tyre life is absolutely fantastic and almost unbelievably last twice as long on the front as other premium tyres I've used (Michelin Primacy etc). 30k on a set of front tyres on a remapped Volvo D5 vs 15K from the best of the other tyres I've used.

Highly recommended.
4 - tyre reviewed on February 23, 2019
Given 56% while driving a SEAT Leon FR 1.4 EcoTSI (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 12,500 average miles
I'm still using the the tires after 3 years and 20,000km on Seat Leon 5F FR 150HP FWD.
Dry grip is ok when tires are cold but fantastic if they are warmed up, but I can't tell the same for wet grip. Wet grip is really poor if you push them on bendy roads and corners. I experience understeer in wet conditions and it scares me.

The wear on the tires are excellent. After 20,000km 6.5 mm of tread left on the tires.
Comfort is below average I think. Even my Petlas w651 snow tires are more comfortable on bumpy roads and less noisy than these.

I think the rolling resistance of these tires are exceptional. I get 6 - 6.5 lt / 100 km of gasoline consumption in city.

I think I'll try Goodyear as my next tires because of the comfort issues of these tires.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2018
Given 37% while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0TDI (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 25,000 average miles
the worst tires I ever had
not satisfied from the first day
dangerous on wet
not bad on a dry road
after 20k, they are only suitable for change
I think it's tires for taxi, and tiny cars
absolutely not suitable for sedans with an engine over 100hp
is the second Pirelli model and never more Pirelli
the previous ones were good, but still not perfect
I used conti tires, Michelin, nexen
different models, and I have never been so disappointed
even budget tires, just better
please avoid, take care of your safety
do not buy it, life is more important
1 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2018
Given 67% while driving a Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro (225/55 R16 W) on mostly motorways for 30,000 average miles
I drive quite a lot mostly on motorways and I have the tyres since 3 years already. I like them due to a lot of good issues which all others have also mentioned, however I am now thinking to change to another brand. The reason for that is that I had to order already 2 extra tyres in the last 1 year. 1 was damaged last fall at the car maintenance during the change for my winter tyres. The Pirelli was torn apart through the usual tool which they use to remove it from the rim. I was shocked when I saw it after 1 1/2 year of usage. In the maintenance they told me that they've never seen something like that. Last week when I let my winter tyres change to the Pirelli again at another maintenance one of the tyres had a bulge on the inner side. Either I received accidentally the 2 worst tyres made by Pirelli or the quality is worrying. I just ordered another tyre and it will be the last P7 Blue and will see what will happen.
4 - tyre reviewed on April 12, 2018
Given 94% while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225/35 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 36,430 spirited miles
The previous tyres fitted to my Mk3 Skoda Octavia vRS when it was new lasted less than 22,000 miles of spirited cross country driving on mixed A & B roads so I went looking for a tyre that would wear less but provide better economy and grip in both wet and dry conditions. After reading many tyre reviews I decided to fit a set of 4 Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue tyres as they had scored well in previous tests and reviews, and I have not been disappointed. After covering over 36,400 miles there is still just under 4mm of tread on each tyre, mind you I have rotated Front to Rear every 10,000 miles to ensure even wear, even with a Stage 1 remap the tyres handled the additional power and torque for the last 26,000 miles and have continued to provide me with the same level of grip and comfort as they did when initially fitted. I think that they are so good, that I'm about to order another full set.
3 - tyre reviewed on January 15, 2018