Rapid p609

The Rapid p609 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 29 tyre reviews averaging 56% over 196,278 miles driven.

The p609 is ranked 155th of 206 Summer Touring tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Rapid p609

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Rapid p609

Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Rapid p609. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

p609 Prices

Top 3 Rapid p609 Reviews

Given 41% while driving a Lexus IS200 (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
This is a very average tyre grip wise but the down side is they wear out really quickly, rear tyres lasted 4000 miles 2 Lt Auto no wheel spin . The front still had tread but the side walls had dried out and started to crack so had to change as well. Budget tyres are a gamble always check reviews. Estimated true value of these tyres ---£35.00---- +fitting
Helpful 146 - tyre reviewed on August 13, 2016
Given 74% while driving a Ford Focus C Max (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
Lets be honest I sell tyres and I see a lot of worn tyres and tyres at the end of their life,this brand is one we have tried and tested on our own car as if im selling to my customers I like to make sure that MY CUSTOMERS WILL COME BACK FOR ANOTHER SET, OK first all tyres will crack over time even premium so that's going to happen if you don't wear them out but they tend to last longer than most budget tyres,the life of these tyres is above average I had one customer high milage user doing 24000 miles on a set and changed them with about 2 mm across the tyre,we managed 18000 miles on the front of our test car,hey if they are priced right then I don't think you would be disappointed using this brand,also three a and aoteli these are from the same family just using a different name
Helpful 42 - tyre reviewed on June 13, 2018
Volkswagen (235/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 40,000 spirited miles
I fit this tyres on my car 3 yrs ago and I still use them. I've done with them 40k miles till now and I will change them this year
For budget tyres I can say that I was overall satisfied with them.
On dry, grip was like 80%
On wet 60%
Wear rate - good(40k miles- rest 3mm)
Helpful 37 - tyre reviewed on April 25, 2019
Have you driven on the Rapid p609 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Rapid p609? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Rapid p609 >

Latest Rapid p609 Reviews

Given 74% while driving a Holden 1995 commodore executive wagon (245/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 35,000 average miles
Have owned a couple of sets of these tyres in a couple of sizes (245/45-18 and 225/55-17) and found them to be exceptional for a budget tyre. Keep in mind it IS a budget tyre, you are not paying for a performance tyre, you shouldn't expect one. However, very good KMs, good dry grip, average wet grip, good resistance to aquaplaning until low in tread depth. Comfort is average on the 18'S, good on the 17's, feedback is average on both. Noise is minimal and non-intrusive at any speed except really coarse aggregate highways. Will continue to buy these tyres as they are the best budget tyres I have bought and owned.
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on March 24, 2022
Given 43% while driving a Audi S1 Sportback (215/40 R17) on mostly town for 12,000 spirited miles
Got them with the car (new tyres from used dealership) Ragged the balls off of this car and doing a fair few power slides too etc. Wear is surprisingly decent. Approaching i think 12k miles on these tyres. Worn down reletively ok, I'm happy as the way i drive doesnt give an easy life. Have done a few thousand motorway miles in all fairness. Dont buy for a performance car. Would fit these to my sister corsa for example but thats it. Dry grip is ok, nothing special. 0 feedback through the tyre. Knowing its a budget, have been a little hesitant to give it full beans but been ok so far. (well about to replace as very almost @ limit) Cant lean on the tyre much though. Wet grip is pretty shit and almost aquaplaned at well over 100 twice before (my fault I guess) Don't have much confidence in the wet with these tyres. Sometimes spins a little when cold in the mornings for example. (AWD Audi S1) Wouldnt buy again as theyre kinda crap but might as well abuse a free set of tyres.
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on March 9, 2022
Want the best Performance summer tyre? Click here!
Given 39% while driving a Alfa Romeo Giuiletta (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Unless there are a whole bunch of reviewers trying to self-justify their recent purchases I simply can't understand the above average ratings for these tyres - they came with a car I had purchased and were obviously a cheap option to get the car registered - I will be swapping for a proper performance tyre today although only 10% worn (I have had them for abt 1000miles but a receipt indicates the previous owner put 3000 on them before me). I think I have been a little generous in the ratings but sloppy feedback, really average grip in the dry and not so great in the wet ......also given very average handling the transmission of road imperfections through the vehicle is unacceptable (I could accept if at least there was a trade-off in performance). All around just a very below average tyre - I guess if you plan on pootling around everywhere these might be just ok but make for a very uncomfortable (no confidence at all) experience for anything approaching spirited driving on a backroad. One area where these seem to be performing reasonably well is wear - the compound (unfortunately in this instance) seems to promote a decent tread life. Can't recommend these unless the highlight of your week is the trip to the local lawn bowls club. Pay for a decent set of tyres they might save your life one day.
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on January 11, 2022
Given 83% while driving a Ford AU Falcon (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 6 spirited miles
Excellent price, lasts long. Got blown the fuck off when I tipped the dog in
Helpful 15 - tyre reviewed on October 5, 2021
Given 36% while driving a Audi A4 Avant 2.0 tdi 170hp (225/40 R18) on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
DANGEROUS. Premature failure of both tyres on rear of car after few months of fitting and moderate highway mileage. Inner sidewall bulged on both tyres in multiple places with risk of catastrophic failure. They looked perfect on the outward facing side though! I wouldn’t fit these to a wheelbarrow.
Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on October 2, 2021
Given 26% while driving a Audi A1 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 0 easy going miles
Bought 4 tyres in a month the tyre tone into pieces. How can this be. Trust me no good tyres. Buy at your own risk
Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on August 11, 2021
Given 99% while driving a Holden 2004 VYII Calais Supercharged V6 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 15,000 spirited miles
I am a tyre fitter i took a chance on these in a low profile, and was immediately impressed 20,000 KLM's later absolutely will never put ant other tyre on my car. Wear is minimal, performance in the mountains exceptional. Wet grip WOW.
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on June 12, 2021
Given 61% while driving a Mazda 3 Series (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,500 average miles
First of all, its cheap - I needed budget tyres as I was a new driver and just bought a second hand car. Had installed 55 AUD per tyre along with fitting charge. The tyre slips a bit everytime on the dry road when you're over 80 and very risky when turning. I had to slow down everytime when turning. Just a no no for these tyres. Even the second hand goodyear tyres were very comfortable until they got worn out too fast.
Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on April 26, 2021
Given 40% while driving a (225/45 R17) on for 0 miles
Horrible tyre
Helpful 11 - tyre reviewed on January 27, 2021
Given 90% while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI 160 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 0 easy going miles
if your wanting a decent budget ecomony tyres these rapid 609 are good value for money i got a discount on buying 4 tyres was £70 each but got £100 off 4 tyres fitted inclusive of vat so i only paid £45 each so cant complain i usually go for continental premium conti sport 3 but cant afford the £145 each cost .these rapid 609 will do for now till i can afford premium tyres again
Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on December 17, 2020
Vauxhall insignia elite ecoflex 160 (245/45 R18) on mostly motorways for 0 easy going miles
GREAT VALUE ECONOMY TYRES
Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on December 16, 2020
Given 33% while driving a Jaguar xf premium luxury (245/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
absolute rubbish tyre for a car such as this ... a costly mistake for a set of 4..already replacing them just a few weeks into owning them.... garbage like this shouldn`t be allowed for sale for cars.
Helpful 31 - tyre reviewed on September 28, 2020