Rapid p609

The Rapid p609 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 26 tyre reviews averaging 57% over 148,278 miles driven.

The p609 is ranked 146th of 202 Summer Touring tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Rapid p609
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Rapid p609
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Rapid p609. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

p609 Prices

Top 3 Rapid p609 Reviews

Given 41% while driving a Lexus IS200 (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
This is a very average tyre grip wise but the down side is they wear out really quickly, rear tyres lasted 4000 miles 2 Lt Auto no wheel spin . The front still had tread but the side walls had dried out and started to crack so had to change as well. Budget tyres are a gamble always check reviews. Estimated true value of these tyres ---£35.00---- +fitting
142 - tyre reviewed on August 13, 2016
Given 74% while driving a Ford Focus C Max (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
Lets be honest I sell tyres and I see a lot of worn tyres and tyres at the end of their life,this brand is one we have tried and tested on our own car as if im selling to my customers I like to make sure that MY CUSTOMERS WILL COME BACK FOR ANOTHER SET, OK first all tyres will crack over time even premium so that's going to happen if you don't wear them out but they tend to last longer than most budget tyres,the life of these tyres is above average I had one customer high milage user doing 24000 miles on a set and changed them with about 2 mm across the tyre,we managed 18000 miles on the front of our test car,hey if they are priced right then I don't think you would be disappointed using this brand,also three a and aoteli these are from the same family just using a different name
38 - tyre reviewed on June 13, 2018
Volkswagen (235/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 40,000 spirited miles
I fit this tyres on my car 3 yrs ago and I still use them. I've done with them 40k miles till now and I will change them this year
For budget tyres I can say that I was overall satisfied with them.
On dry, grip was like 80%
On wet 60%
Wear rate - good(40k miles- rest 3mm)
34 - tyre reviewed on April 25, 2019
Have you driven on the Rapid p609 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Rapid p609? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Rapid p609 >

Latest Rapid p609 Reviews

Given 83% while driving a Ford AU Falcon (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 6 spirited miles
Excellent price, lasts long. Got blown the fuck off when I tipped the dog in
4 - tyre reviewed on October 5, 2021
Given 36% while driving a Audi A4 Avant 2.0 tdi 170hp (225/40 R18) on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
DANGEROUS. Premature failure of both tyres on rear of car after few months of fitting and moderate highway mileage. Inner sidewall bulged on both tyres in multiple places with risk of catastrophic failure. They looked perfect on the outward facing side though! I wouldn’t fit these to a wheelbarrow.
2 - tyre reviewed on October 2, 2021
Given 26% while driving a Audi A1 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 0 easy going miles
Bought 4 tyres in a month the tyre tone into pieces. How can this be. Trust me no good tyres. Buy at your own risk
1 - tyre reviewed on August 11, 2021
Given 99% while driving a Holden 2004 VYII Calais Supercharged V6 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 15,000 spirited miles
I am a tyre fitter i took a chance on these in a low profile, and was immediately impressed 20,000 KLM's later absolutely will never put ant other tyre on my car. Wear is minimal, performance in the mountains exceptional. Wet grip WOW.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 12, 2021
Given 61% while driving a Mazda 3 Series (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,500 average miles
First of all, its cheap - I needed budget tyres as I was a new driver and just bought a second hand car. Had installed 55 AUD per tyre along with fitting charge. The tyre slips a bit everytime on the dry road when you're over 80 and very risky when turning. I had to slow down everytime when turning. Just a no no for these tyres. Even the second hand goodyear tyres were very comfortable until they got worn out too fast.
3 - tyre reviewed on April 26, 2021
Given 40% while driving a (225/45 R17) on for 0 miles
Horrible tyre
9 - tyre reviewed on January 27, 2021
Given 90% while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI 160 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 0 easy going miles
if your wanting a decent budget ecomony tyres these rapid 609 are good value for money i got a discount on buying 4 tyres was £70 each but got £100 off 4 tyres fitted inclusive of vat so i only paid £45 each so cant complain i usually go for continental premium conti sport 3 but cant afford the £145 each cost .these rapid 609 will do for now till i can afford premium tyres again
6 - tyre reviewed on December 17, 2020
Vauxhall insignia elite ecoflex 160 (245/45 R18) on mostly motorways for 0 easy going miles
GREAT VALUE ECONOMY TYRES
4 - tyre reviewed on December 16, 2020
Given 33% while driving a Jaguar xf premium luxury (245/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
absolute rubbish tyre for a car such as this ... a costly mistake for a set of 4..already replacing them just a few weeks into owning them.... garbage like this shouldn`t be allowed for sale for cars.
30 - tyre reviewed on September 28, 2020
Given 63% while driving a Peugeot 207cc (195/50 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
Fitted under a 207cc, on rear axle only, for 50 Euro each. I'm not much satisfied. They are good for low to normal driving style, but not for sport driving, especially on moist and wet tarmac. I feel they loose grip even if not immediately. Noise and wear are OK I've had and still have budget tyres under my other cars, and they are quite good, but not these P609. I won't buy them again, there are other good budget tyres at the same price.
3 - tyre reviewed on September 9, 2020
Given 52% while driving a Volkswagen (215/40 R17 W) on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
The P609 tyres came as part of a package when I bought new alloys. The marketing is surprisingly accurate - performance tyres for a very good price. They are very similar to Bridgestone Potenzas in terms of design and feel. For budget tyres, you won’t get much better in terms of performance. However, there are still some significant downsides. Firstly, no matter how carefully I drive, the tyres squeal a lot upon acceleration. And when cruising, there is always a whining hum. It’s loud enough that pedestrians turn to look. Secondly, braking/stopping distance is very poor. It grips the road decently when cruising, but when you push the brakes hard, the car slows down gently rather than this immediate, forceful halt I felt on my previous tyres. Thirdly, the ride is very uncomfortable. I like sporty dynamics, but they are just too harsh. And while the steering is responsive, they are a bit too light for my liking and don’t offer enough resistance. I suspect those issues could be solved by going up to a higher profile 45 or 50 aspect tyre (what I previously had). Lastly, the fuel economy is terrible. Easily a 20-30% reduction. I have never seen the fuel range reading go down so quickly with normal driving. I used to get about 650km range on a tank easily, now I get about 500km. In summary, if you absolutely can’t afford any more than budget tyres, these will do the job for a short while. Any set of tyres will result in a significant outlay - so invest that little bit extra to get a top brand when you can.
1 - tyre reviewed on September 7, 2020
Given 78% while driving a MINI Cooper D (225/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 300 spirited miles
If you’re considering buying these or have them and want an honest review then this is for you. I was hesitant when these showed up for my car. Needed budget tyres and I would say they deliver quality performance.IMO Leaving the store once fitted in heavy rain, there was a lot of slip but now worn in they do very well at gripping the road at high speeds 60-70mph cornering. IMO They are a budget tyre that deliver quality grip and quality performance. IMO My only complaint although I don’t care so much. They are very noisy. Possibly the noisiest tyres I’ve had on a car. That aside all that noise comes with plenty of cornering capability and I can confidently rag the car with little hesitation.
3 - tyre reviewed on July 15, 2020