Riken Maystorm 2 B 2

The Riken Maystorm 2 B 2 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 21 tyre reviews averaging 51% over 200,625 miles driven.

Latest Group Test Results

2016 Market Overview - Braking Test - 27th of 50 tyres

2015 Market Overview - Braking Test - 26th of 52 tyres

2014 Auto Bild 50 Summer Tyre Shootout - 41st of 50 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Riken Maystorm 2 B 2

Questions and Answers for the Riken Maystorm 2 B 2

2017-05-03 - Can i use maystorm 2 b2 on kia sportage 2014

Assuming you can find the correct size and load rating, yes you can.

Top 3 Riken Maystorm 2 B 2 Reviews

Given 77% while driving a Mercedes Benz C220 cdi sport (255/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 9,000 average miles
Had Continental which were great but am planning to change so didn't want to spend big bucks. Was recommemded the Rikens and have to say I'm pretty impressed - not in the same league as the Contis but a really good tyre at a great price.
197 - tyre reviewed on January 26, 2014
Given 41% while driving a Volvo S80 D5 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 6,000 easy going miles
I bought the set of them last year March. The front ones are already worn out. I was worrying that its something wrong with my car but it turns out two of my work mates have the same tyres and identical problem with the front ones.
Next time I'd rather pay more and buy something more decent and reliable.
20 - tyre reviewed on September 10, 2016
Given 60% while driving a Citroën C2 VTS (205/40 R17) on a combination of roads for 25,000 spirited miles
For moderate driving style tire is fine, but for someone who is looking for a lot more, I would not recommend.
17 - tyre reviewed on February 7, 2017
Have you driven on the Riken Maystorm 2 B 2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Riken Maystorm 2 B 2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Riken Maystorm 2 B 2 >

Latest Riken Maystorm 2 B 2 Reviews

BMW (225/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 1,500 spirited miles
Car came with those cheap tyres from dealer. They are lethal in the wet. I am wearing my brakes too much with those tyres on. On the dry when it's very hot in the UK (HAHA), it feels ok but falls off the cliff quick. In the wet, be super careful as your braking distance has to be massive. Tyres feels gummy and don't have much control if the road is wet. No confidence in taking corners at decent speed and if you want to make an adjustment/ correction mid-corner, you will understeer. This is by far the worse tyre i have driven on. Strongly advise not to buy
5 - tyre reviewed on July 21, 2019
Given 37% while driving a BMW 320D (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
Just dangerous, as many others have said. Lost control coming off a damp roundabout at a sensible speed, would never use again.
7 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2019
Given 28% while driving a Toyota AYGO (165/60 R15 H) on mostly country roads for 125 spirited miles
Bought a second hand Toyota Aygo with 'new' front tyres on. Dealer fitted. I'd not heard of them but after laughing at the name I thought I'd give them a chance. I had driven around 100 miles in the dry thinking "maybe it feels floaty and odd just because it's a little car on the motorway". Took it for a more serious test drive and although the breakaway characteristics are predictable enough even when fitted to something with steering approaching the jellier end of the spectrum of feedback the road speed at which they gave up was a bit low. Then I tried them in the wet. I have driven 12 miles in the wet on these, and that was enough to book the car in for some other tyres. The Aygo has 68 bhp and could set the TCS light off accelerating in 3rd gear. I don't think I've ever come across tyres that are so terrible in the wet. The journey back from the tyre shop with 2 new Continental Ecocontact 5 tyres on was a revelation. More grip, less floaty feel, more steering feedback and less road noise. I can't comment on wear; with only 125 miles driven on then I didn't want to drive on them any more. I wouldn't even put a set of Riken Maystorms on my trailer. Even a wheelbarrow would be questionable.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 22, 2019
Given 38% while driving a Volvo S80 3.2 AWD 2007 (225/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Worst tyres i have ever had. Bought my car with Rikens on and i am sure that i will never buy them again. They are going to the bin soon. Horrible wet grip and too noisy. Dry grip and handling are below average too. ABS often kicking in even on dry surface while braking harder than normal (hard but not too agresive). Maybe good enough for city driving, everywhere else they are just bad.
6 - tyre reviewed on November 7, 2018
Given 34% while driving a Toyota Yaris (195/50 R15 V) on mostly town for 10,000 easy going miles
Fitted on a Toyotas Yaris 2001. Last week I bought a set of 4 Petlas VELOX SPORT PT741 for 175€ because the previous ones (Matador MP16 Stella2 & Riken Maystorm 2 B2) were unacceptable to dangerous. The Rikens were the worst tyres I have ever had. No grip, worst wear and worst fuel consumption ever. Changed them in a year because I did not want to have an accident! There are a lot of other budget tyres in the market to consider.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2018
Given 37% while driving a Volkswagen Scirocco 2.0 TSI 210hp (235/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Worst tyres I have ever had. No grip whatsoever, even if dry, they feel on the edge all the time. Braking distance is horrible. In the wet they are dangerous, always slip and you can barely stop under more heavy braking. They are quiet and fairly confortable, but I would never recommend them to anyone ever.
8 - tyre reviewed on April 17, 2018
Given 24% while driving a Citroën DS5 2.0 Hdi (235/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Done about 9 months on these (so about 10,000 miles), as my local mobile fitter did not have the Maxxis HP5 Premitra I replaced before that I was happy with. Sad to say, after about 6 months they really start to degrade so definitely a false economy. As another reviewer says, in the wet they really are dangerous.

I have a Citroen DS5 which is rather heavy for a car of its size, so used to some fairly aggressive tyre wear (around 15,000 miles would be the absolute max I would expect even from a premium tyre). At 160bhp as well it has a fair bit of punch, and these are prone to wheelspinning up to third gear in even just a slight dampening of the roads. When greasy in the summer I expect I will have an accident if I keep these on, so they are going this week. Shame, because in the dry they are as good as any mid-ranger if a little noisy.

I should also mention to my utter surprise, they actually got me home in the snow last week when the "Beast From the East" descended on the UK without having to stick the snow socks on. I was absolutely bricking it knowing how they are in the wet, but actually if anything they were better on the snow. How that works, I have no idea. I would not reccomend them for the purpose, but as a last hurrah I am proud of them for that!
5 - tyre reviewed on March 5, 2018
Given 43% while driving a Volkswagen Golf (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Let’s just start by saying I’ll never ever have these tyres fitted to any car I drive ever again! In wet conditions these are dangerous, they have almost no grip and are very unpredictable; even in slightly damp conditions I have no idea if they’ll loose grip or wheel spin etc. Snow? HAHA - forget about taking the car with these on it.
In the dry they seem ok but over the last 5000 miles I’ve had them fitted I’ve never been inspired by them enough to try and find their limits. Seem happy enough to cruise the UK road network in the dry just don’t rely on them to bail you out in the wet.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2018
Given 26% while driving a Volvo 2.0 T5 Saloon (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 easy going miles
tyres are 3 years old (as per the code on the tires). I got them fitted two years ago and ALL of them already have cracks on the sidewall. Two front tyres are totally worn out already after about 7000 miles of moderate driving.
Total rubbish!
2 - tyre reviewed on February 25, 2018
Given 46% while driving a BMW 330d (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Very noisy, almost no grip on wet road, especially after some wear, increased tramlining effect with these tyres. Tyres wear out after ~ 13-15 k miles.
4 - tyre reviewed on January 22, 2018