Yokohama BluEarth AE50

The Yokohama BluEarth AE50 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 32 tyre reviews averaging 67% over 393,360 miles driven.

The BluEarth AE50 is ranked 112th of 139 Summer Premium Touring tyres.

2020 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test - 11th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Precise steering in the wet, good slalom performance and good dry handling.
  • Negative - Long wet braking distances.

2019 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test - 6th of 10 tyres

• Positive - A well balanced tyre, low rolling resistance.
  • Negative - Reduced aquaplaning resistance.

2018 AutoBild Summer Tyre Overview - 22nd of 47 tyres

2020 Tyre Tests

• 11th: 2020 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test (225/50 R17)
  • 2019 Tyre Tests

• 6th: 2019 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test (235/45 R18)
  • 2018 Tyre Tests

• 22nd: 2018 AutoBild Summer Tyre Overview (195/65 R15)
  • 2016 Tyre Tests

• 12th: 2016 AutoBild Summer Tyre Test (205/55 R16)
  • 13th: 2016 Market Overview - Braking Test (205/55 R16)
  • 2015 Tyre Tests

• 12th: 2015 ACE Summer Touring Tyre Test (205/55 R16)
  • Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Yokohama BluEarth AE50

Questions and Answers for the Yokohama BluEarth AE50

2019-06-09 - What is the Temperature rating for AE50.. Is it A or B

Sorry, we don't have data on the temperature ratings of the tyres.

Top 3 Yokohama BluEarth AE50 Reviews

Given 97% while driving a Mazda RX8 (225/45 R18 W) on mostly town for 600 average miles
    Had Autogrip (4 years old though) when I bought the car, they were terrible in the wet and I had to crawl around at low speed . Replaced all four with AE50, what a difference ! These tyres are fantastic for normal day to day driving even in wet weather.
    Helpful 344 - tyre reviewed on August 15, 2016
    Given 10% while driving a Toyota Starlet Glanza V (205/45 R16) on mostly town for 10 easy going miles
    the worst tyres I ever use. after 10000km they melt and I don't drive aggressive. I will never use again this brand even for free
    Helpful 54 - tyre reviewed on December 10, 2016
    Given 76% while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 16V (2003 2008) (195/60 R15 V) on mostly town for 30,000 average miles
    Dry and wet grip is good in summer. Aqua-planning during rain is adequate. Value for money for a made in Japan tyre. Only downside is that the sidewalls are soft, not very good for harsh cornering. It's considered a noisy tyre when its new. And it is extremely noisy now (done 30k km)
    Helpful 28 - tyre reviewed on November 30, 2017
    Have you driven on the Yokohama BluEarth AE50 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Yokohama BluEarth AE50? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Yokohama BluEarth AE50 >

Latest Yokohama BluEarth AE50 Reviews

Given 54% while driving a Honda Civic 1.8 (225/50 R17) on mostly town for 25,000 easy going miles
    I bought the tyres after looking Yokohama Made in Japan 4419 built and got on in 2020 but they last only 20-25k. Not a value for money. Having weaker side walls, the tyre blooped out like Dunlop. Not buying again.
    Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on September 30, 2022
    Given 31% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (215/50 R17) on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
    Just taken a pair of these off my ford focus. They are probably the noisiest most uncomfortable tires I have ever driven on. Like driving on flat rocks. Changed to some cheap Altenzo sports comforters and the car feels like a car again completely transformed the ride and stance of the car instead of feeling like a dodgem.car down the local fair. Absolute dud of a tyre
    Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on November 20, 2021
    All Season VS Winter Tyres: What is REALLY Best?! Click to find out!
    Given 41% while driving a Ford Focus (215/50 R17) on mostly town for 7,000 average miles
    These tyres on front axle were only 8 months old when I purchased car. I thought yeah Yokohama's that's a good tyre. So far after another 3 months they have not impressed me at all. They always feel flat so much that I keep thinking I have a puncture and they are at the correct pressure. Not a lot of feedback from these tyres either and they are as noisy as hell on any surface. They just feel rather dull. Taking them off soon.
    Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on April 16, 2021
    Given 33% while driving a Citroën c4picasso (205/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 10,000 average miles
    Had tyres fitted and tracking done in June 2019, Just had my yearly MOT done for 2021 and had an advisory for front tyres. Not impressed as the tyres have barely done 10000mls.
    Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on March 20, 2021
    Given 74% while driving a Toyota Prius (215/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 60,000 easy going miles
    The Bluearth AE50 has a hard tread rubber, which becomes harder with age. While this greatly improves it's durability and longevity, wear resistance, it is thought to reduce it's grip in the wet. The directional pattern does much to prevent this from happening, but many reviewers have experienced wet braking difficulties. That said, I have driven these for 6 months and I have not experienced wet handling problems. There is however a noticeable loss of traction when accelerating hard from standing still, the car's ESC kicks in when this happens. The tyre is quiet, comfortable, corners easily and is enjoyable on long road tours. Fuel economy is typical of these low rolling resistance types of tyre.
    Helpful 8 - tyre reviewed on September 3, 2020
    Given 73% while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TS Veloce (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
    Tyre is set more towards economy than performance but still offers good handling. I was surprised how well it copes in the wet conditions I am driving on coilovers and after replacing the Pirelli P7s I was very much surprised how comfy they are.
    Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on April 30, 2020
    Given 69% while driving a Honda Civic 1.5T (235/40 R18) on mostly town for 20,000 average miles
    Noise getting louder after time.
    Overall not bad.
    Helpful 25 - tyre reviewed on August 13, 2019
    Given 20% while driving a Mazda 3 Skyactiv 2012 (205/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
    It’s a cheap Japanese tyre but not really worth. The poor handling, and wet grip of the tyres had me changed out just after 5000km of usage. I couldn’t accept the fact that it have such a poor grip on wet weather condition, which caused the tyre to drift out of the lane and I was lucky not to caught up with other car.
    Helpful 18 - tyre reviewed on August 4, 2019
    Nissan (205/55 R16 R) on a combination of roads for 0 easy going miles
    I only used AE50 about 5000km yet into my Nissan E-power Nismo but I think AE50 are nice tyres low noice and with smart grip on the road wet and dry and I believe that these tyres are fuel efficient also and my staering wheel is much more comfortable than before, I believe in Yokohama products
    Helpful 20 - tyre reviewed on July 28, 2019
    Given 69% while driving a (205/50 R16) on for 0 miles
    Nice AE50, I have rotation tires every 10k km, current near 90k km & not much heavy noise.
    Helpful 24 - tyre reviewed on July 21, 2019
    Given 20% while driving a Nissan LEAF Tekna (205/55 R16 R) on a combination of roads for 22,000 easy going miles
    These lasted 22000 miles on my Nissan leaf.
    I now have 2mm tread on all four tyres, except front passenger side which is down to 1.6mm.
    Leaf does have design flaw that causes excess tyre wear due to misaligned rear axle that cant be adjusted.
    Anyway I think these tyres are not great and so I have decided to go for bridgestone T005 as replacement as these last well on my petrol car.
    I cant comment on grip handling etc as those are subjective opinion and I think affected by many factors, I can only judge wear as this is measured regularly in a scientific way.
    Helpful 13 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2018
    Given 89% while driving a Toyota Innova (225/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
    just change my tires from nexen to yokohama, as far from my experience for this tires for me it has a less amount of noise and very comfortable to drive on dry and wet roads like here in the Philippines. thumbs up for this tires.
    Helpful 23 - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2018