BCT S800

The BCT S800 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 84 tyre reviews averaging 39% over 381,346 miles driven.

The S800 is ranked 181st of 190 Summer High Performance tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the BCT S800
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the BCT S800
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the BCT S800. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 BCT S800 Reviews

Given 10% while driving a Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 90 easy going miles
Pure junk 3000 miles my 2 rears separate and no one in my city can warranty them...
77 - tyre reviewed on July 20, 2016
Given 18% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 linear sport 1.9TID (150) (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Horrendous tyre. No grip in the wet. Have them on the back of my Saab 9-3 (already on when purchased). The road noise is terrible, as soon as you hit about 47 mph; then it's time to turn the radio up!! Just to cover the droning noise. Only good thing is they seem to wear slow. However they have had to go!!!
5 - tyre reviewed on July 2, 2017
Volkswagen (225/40 R18 R) on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
Very poor tyres, dry weather it would wheel spin for fun and screech a lot!
In the wet, two words 'DEATH TRAP' these tyres cannot get traction in the wet and it's like as if your driving on ice.
Shocking tyre, also makes too much noise when I go over 40mph, feels like my wheel bearings are about to explode.

Had no choice but to fit these on my car as I needed tyres for MOT, next time I will stay away from these tyres even if they were for free.
4 - tyre reviewed on January 18, 2019
Have you driven on the BCT S800 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the BCT S800? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your BCT S800 >

Latest BCT S800 Reviews

Ford (225/40 R18 H) on a combination of roads for 200 easy going miles
These tyres are grim,do not buy them,it's like driving on ice in the wet, weird tyre pattern no use for confident driving,only had them few weeks and then i looked at reviews (silly me)tyres are getting changed to some Avon's instead.Honestly if you have these tyres and it's raining be careful.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 4, 2020
Given 33% while driving a Volvo S60T5 260bhp (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 500 easy going miles
Horrendous tyres !!!! fitted a set of these to my Volvo S60 T5 and overnight wet weather driving became a white-knuckle ride from the moment you turned the key !! Terrible, I’m fact no ! They’re dangerous !!! Cornering was like a computer game and braking was a guessing game of ‘will it stop in time or will it not!’ Never ever again and I would tell anyone to dig a bit deeper into your pocket or make sure your life insurance is up to date !!
0 - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2020
Given 36% while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225/40 R18) on mostly town for 150 average miles
Very bad in wet have on the rear and at 30mph on a slight bend back end just whips rounds like a welded diff mx5/miata
1 - tyre reviewed on November 8, 2019
Given 31% while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225/40 R18) on mostly town for 0 average miles
Worst tyre i have ever had on a car!! These were on my type r civic when i purchased it, i nearly took it back to the dealer because whilst driving it sounded like the bearings were about to explode, read a review and realised it was the tyres!! Dry grip was bearable but wouldn’t trust them at speed, wet grip was like driving on ice, in fact really dangerous, never would i have these tyres on sny car again!
1 - tyre reviewed on October 25, 2019
Given 29% while driving a Ford Focus ST 225 (2003 2007) (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 miles
Shocking. Cannot emphasise how bad these tires are. They were fitted when I bought the car and the road noise is the worst I've ever experienced. Changed the front ones after 1000 miles to a pair of proxes. Made an incredible difference, and I've just changed the rear ones and it feels like a new car. Sounded like a wheel bearing was about to explode.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 1, 2018
Given 31% while driving a Audi S3 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 1,000 easy going miles
The worst tyres I have ever had the misfortune of driving with. SHOCKING grip. No feedback. Bordering on dangerous in the wet. Sadly they came fitted on a car i had bought.
I have a lot of experience with Tyres working in the Tuning industry and have driven many cars running cut slicks and track day tyres. These can be noisy. They however create a mere whisper compared to these tyres. I might as well have had logs attached to each corner. The road noise is horrendous and sounds like you have wheel bearings about to fall apart. Avoid. Utter Utter Shite.
3 - tyre reviewed on November 16, 2016
Given 21% while driving a Ford Mondeo TDCI (225/40 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
Bought a car that came with 4 of these tyres and oh my gosh they were just AWFUL.

EVERY SINGLE SIDEWALL HAD CRACKS which prompted me to replace them immediately. Dry grip was OK but wet grip was non existent with constant wheel spin under light acceleration.

Braking was a different story. It would cause the steering to snatch violently in the dry (I've had replacement discs, pads and calipers)

I've noticed that some others have mentioned that they thought their wheel bearings were failing - I had exactly the same issue and since replacing the tyres, this has completely gone away.

If you value your life or anyone else's in your car, avoid these tyres at all costs.

The only reason I have given these tyres a 1 for wear rating is due to the sidewalls. There was still around 5mm of tread left on each Tyre at replacement.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 13, 2016
Given 24% while driving a BMW 3 series (205/40 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
If you want to die. Buy these.

VERY UNSAFE IN WET
3 - tyre reviewed on September 24, 2016
Given 19% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 7 TDI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 easy going miles
we purchased the car from Car shop Swindon, who replaced the front tyres before we purchased.
I always fit premium tyres to my car over the years (only thing between you and the road) but recently the tyre hit the kerb and split the side wall.
on inspection we found like many others the cracking in the tyre surface.
the noise has been horrendous and ride very poor I would never buy again and indeed we are replacing the other tyre.

if you love your family and wish to keep them safe replace the tyres.
2 - tyre reviewed on June 21, 2016
Given 31% while driving a Mercedes Benz C320 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
DO NOT buy those tyres under ANY circumstances
they're dangerous and should be banned all over Europe
1 - tyre reviewed on June 3, 2016
Given 28% while driving a Audi A4 1.9 TDI (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Kept wheel spinning in wet
So noisey I had wheel bearings renewed
To find out its the tyres
Never buy them again
1 - tyre reviewed on May 24, 2016
Given 17% while driving a Ford Mondeo TDCI (225/40 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Was told these were great tyres from national tyre centers. So for £150 I had a pair fitted. Didnt reallythink much about them. Seemed ok for the first 6 months with good grip and wear. Last year it all changed with what we thought was 2 wheel bearings going. On checking nothing was wrong with the bearings. Still kept going with the tyres. The grip then started to go from these tyres. In the dry the compounds too hard with no flex in the tyre wall at all. In the wet you just aquaplane in the smallest puddle and cornering was an issue. One tyre started to not hold air and on inspection it yad cracks all over the block pattern on the grip on the tyre. They were way over the range of noise of 72db. More over 90db with a noise like a plane taking off. They juddered the front when hard braking and just made the ride awful. Today i swapped these tyres for soms goodrides and on removal of the wheels half the grip was missing off the inside edges of the tyre. Cracking all over the tyre base. Andthe tyre fitter noticed both tyres were completley out of shape. 5mm of tread left from 20k motoring. Would never buy these death traps again. Lesson learnt.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 23, 2016