BFGoodrich gGrip

The BFGoodrich gGrip is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre has been replaced by the BFGoodrich Advantage.

Tyre review data from 45 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 499,042 miles driven.

The gGrip is ranked 16th of 190 Summer High Performance tyres.

2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout - 31st of 45 tyres

2018 AutoBild Summer Tyre Overview - 20th of 47 tyres

2018 New and Worn Summer Tyre Test - 6th of 17 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the BFGoodrich gGrip
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the BFGoodrich gGrip. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

gGrip Prices

Top 3 BFGoodrich gGrip Reviews

Given 93% while driving a SEAT ibiza 1.4 (195/55 R15 H) on for 25,000 miles
Rubber very good in all weather conditions and especially for the Greek roads . finally there are tires which do not need to pay dearly .
240 - tyre reviewed on February 6, 2016
Given 69% while driving a Volkswagen Passat 1.9Tdi (205/60 R15) on for 0 miles
I am already using these tires for about 2 years.

I have already done about 60,000 km and so far it has shown a good behavior especially in dry weather. In the rainy season I notice that the tire needs to warm up for a few km to start to have more grip, initially they do not transmit a lot of confidence, but then if they are a bit warmer they improve. I only had a fright for aqua-planning, but after a few milliseconds of lack of traction, they held it again and ran well.

So far they have had a fairly uniform wear and have spent quite a few miles. For the price / quality ratio, I think it's a good tire only, in rainy weather, you have to let the tire warm up a bit.
28 - tyre reviewed on May 11, 2017
Given 86% while driving a Toyota Avensis (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Very quite and comfortable ride. Very good wet and dry handling. The only minus is the soft sidewalls. I don't know how they will handle the holes on the Greek roads. I would buy them again but on the XL ( extra load) version.
27 - tyre reviewed on April 14, 2019
Have you driven on the BFGoodrich gGrip tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the BFGoodrich gGrip? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your BFGoodrich gGrip >

Latest BFGoodrich gGrip Reviews

BMW 218d Active Tourer (225/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Very good choice, better than earlier Continental tyres
1 - tyre reviewed on May 28, 2021
Given 87% while driving a Peugeot 307 (205/55 R16 H) on mostly motorways for 15,000 average miles
These tires are 6.7mm tread depth, Treadwear Traction A, Temperature A Got a set of 4 at a promotional price, 215 euros for a set of four, balanced, new valves. If you ask me this is the best value for money tires I have ever bought, because the performance is that of a premium manufacturer. Dry and wet grip are very very good, no surprises, no unexpected performance under all conditions whatsoever. Feedback and handling is ok for your every day needs. Wear is really good, too. They lose 0.5mm of tread in 10.000km. Straight aqua is great as expected with lots of feedback before things get out of hand. A special mention goes to noise. These tires have by far the most quiet rubber compound I have ever seen. The noise reaching your ears in the cabin is as if it has been filtered by two layers of noise insulation material. To put it differently, for me they set the standard for noise comparison against the other manufacturers. I would buy them again and again and again and recommend them each time.
9 - tyre reviewed on June 27, 2020
Given 97% while driving a Honda Civic Coupe 1.6i SR VTEC (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 3,000 easy going miles
Had 3 full sets . Excellent tyres and reasonably priced , Thoroughly recommended . Recommended by my tyre dealer too as great tyres and good value. Martin ( Belfast )
5 - tyre reviewed on February 9, 2020
Given 87% while driving a Suzuki CELERIO (165/65 R14) on a combination of roads for 300 average miles
Low noise tyre . I pressed the car in the wet to discover its reaction (before had the E150 Bridgestone on , very durable and reliable tyre ,but noisy) and the car behaved very well . Very decent tyre . The price is very reasonable . So far, very satisfied .
26 - tyre reviewed on April 2, 2018
Given 87% while driving a Toyota Yaris (175/65 R14 T) on a combination of roads for 1,000 easy going miles
Hi:
I bought this tyres before the Winter came here in Chile. I replaced the Bridgestone tyres for these new tyres and I'm very happy with them. I feel a good grip in dry and wet conditions. With the old ones , I felt a poor grip when I drove quickly, but with the BFG now is funny. I recommend it!!, best regards!
21 - tyre reviewed on July 13, 2016
Given 77% while driving a Ford Focus 2.0 TDCI Titanium (215/55 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 30,000 average miles
I have bought these tyres on two cars that I own. First impression was the remarkable dry grip. I've had before a set of Pirrelli P7's and I can surely say that the BF's have better grip in the dry, but also on the wet. Very good tires, comparable with the more expensive models, but with one caveat. After a certain wear, they get very noisy. Which is just a shame.
13 - tyre reviewed on June 30, 2016
Given 44% while driving a Honda Accord iVtec Type S saloon (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Noisy, too soft and i dont feel that they are in any kind of contact with road. They do a solid job in every day driving, when drive is slow and relaxed. If you wont to feel some speed, that is where problems ocure. And they don't last long either!
11 - tyre reviewed on April 1, 2016
Given 86% while driving a Audi A3 Sport (225/40 R18) on mostly town for 20,000 average miles
The rears were fitted 20,000 miles ago and will probably last the same again. The fronts, with a heavy diesel engine will need to be replaced within a few thousand miles, which will be about 18,000.

I was going through front tyres within 6,000 miles before I found these (Toyo Proxy, Michelin). I'm going to stick with them while I have the car, especially given the low price that I can get them for.
15 - tyre reviewed on March 12, 2016
Given 74% while driving a Renault twingo (165/50 R15 R) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
I fitted a new set of BFG gGrip's as a 'sensible' all-round choice on a set of 15" wheels (to replace the silly low profile OEM 17" wheels on my Renault Twingo RS133 Gordini). Overall I've been very impressed and can't really fault them on a relatively light and sensibly powered sports hatch. They may lack a bit of feel & feedback, but they are proving hard wearing and haven't let me down or broken grip yet during 'spirited' driving sessions (even in the wet winter UK commuting and near zeroC temperatures). Summary: a quality, sensibly-priced, all-rounder you can rely on, with no major gripes or problems.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 24, 2016
Given 93% while driving a BMW 330D (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 40,000 spirited miles
These have done 40,000 miles on the front of my 330D and have been faultless.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 23, 2015
Given 93% while driving a Ford (225/40 R18 R) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
I'm running full stage 3 mods on my car around 300-330 bhp and just replaced my Pirelli p zero tyres which were terrible. They couldn't grip that well in the dry with the power and in the wet they were really bad. These tyres are so much better I feel more confident driving harder in the wet and dry. The Pirelli p zero seemed to pull my car around more on rough Tarmac too especially in tram lines. I put this down to having big wheels but now these Goodrich tyres do not do that at all. Overall I'm really happy it feels like a totally different car to drive and my smile has gotten bigger every time I take it out. My wife who drives very steady has also said the car feels much better now. I can't comment on how they wear I've only had them 2 weeks.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 27, 2015
Given 87% while driving a Toyota (215/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 40,000 average miles
Positives:Very good tyre. Pretty quiet. Great wear. Strong grip for midrange tyre. Fitted to my 2012 avensis used mainly for work commute. 65,000km on them, have been rotated. Down to 3mm.
Negatives: at 60,000km one tyre is causing a slight wobble from back of car. Possibly wheel has got a knock or balance weight has fallen off?
2 - tyre reviewed on August 27, 2015