Falken ZE914

The Falken ZE914 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Falken ZE912

This tyre has been replaced by the Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun

Tyre review data from 95 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 959,155 miles driven.

Latest Group Test Results

2017 ACE SUV Summer Tyre Test - 3rd of 11 tyres

2016 AutoBild Summer Tyre Test - 14th of 15 tyres

• Positive - High resistance to aquaplaning, short braking distances on wet roads, high comfort, low rolling resistance
  • Negative - Poor wet handling, high wear, average value
  • Overall - Satisfactory

2015 European Tyre Test 205/55 R16 - 11th of 19 tyres

• Positive - Very good in the dry
  • Negative - High wear
Size Fuel Wet Noise Weight
205/55 R16 91V   C B 70 8.50kgs
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Falken ZE914. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Falken ZE914 Reviews

Given 93% while driving a Skoda Fabia Scout 1.6 tdi (205/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 30,000 spirited miles
I've just ordered my 3rd set of Falkens for my car.
I drive approx. 1000 miles a week commuting from Cornwall to Hampshire.
the front set has lasted 30k miles in all weathers & everything from motorway to Cornish lanes. (rears have lasted over 60k but car is FWD)
they are down to the minimum now (1.7mm) and only now am I loosing confidence in them on the wet icy roads. I do drive hard and have every confidence in them hence why I change them I've gone for another set.

if they did motorbike tyres I'd be tempted to fit them to my CBF1000 as well!!
123 - tyre reviewed on March 7, 2016
Given 51% while driving a Honda S2000 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Had that tyre on the rear of my S2000 and it has a very stiff side wall but doesn't grip very well in wet is well I'll be kind let's say tricky. No point of talking comfort hasn't got any. I see it working maybe with heavier car but not with light sports one's.
46 - tyre reviewed on June 17, 2016
BMW (225/40 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 12,000 average miles
Bought these due to the relative good reviews. No complains about the costs and wear, they are ok. They fall a bit small around my 18" rims, the Vredestein Sessantas stuck out a bit more so curbs are a real pain when parking.
Biggest complain is the tyre cupping on the front. Car is perfect alignet, been checked twice. Also the suspension components are ok. Rear 255/35 ZR 18 are still ok. Both tires have still lots of tread left, but the noise is awfull so I will change the fronts with Michelins next summer.
37 - tyre reviewed on November 9, 2016
Have you driven on the Falken ZE914 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Falken ZE914? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Falken ZE914 >

Latest Falken ZE914 Reviews

Given 63% while driving a Volkswagen (B8) 1.4 TSI (150 Hp) DSG ACT (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
These now obsolete tyres were original equipment on the car and although for various reasons I have not done many miles the tyre noise is very bad not sure if it is just the tyres or part the car,various reviews have differing opinions on the road noise,so I am wondering wether as the car comes with a variety of different makes of tyres some are worse than others although I dread to think any could be worse than these falken .I do beleive newer 310 are better.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 24, 2020
Given 79% while driving a Mitsubishi lancer (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 40,000 average miles
Well after using these tyres for 2 years and 40,000k . When tyres are new they are very very good overall .comfortable not noisy and handles very well .tyres are traction B so dry grip is not super but very very acceptable and predictable . Tyres are not sporty but still can so good at corners .after 25,000k they start losing some of the comfort and becoming little noisy but still acceptable.at 40,000k tyres are due to be replaced but still doing good . Comparing those tyres to korean and thailand etc brands for sure falken is much much better
4 - tyre reviewed on July 17, 2020
Given 87% while driving a Subaru forester 2.5xt (215/55 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
These Falkens replaced a set of barely worn Fuldas, whilst no complaints about grip in any weather the road noise and ride quality became unbearable. Decided to try this set after my daughter's good experience with Falkens on her Honda Civic, they were really well priced too. Only been on a couple of thousand miles but am impressed, especially considering how cheap they were to buy, reasonably quiet and the ride quality is much improved, dry grip is good enough, wet grip is superb, though a Forester is forgiving anyway the car feels extremely stable on the road, i've tried to unstick it on some quiet wet surfaces today, nope won't have it. Can't comment on wear rate obviously, but daughter's Honda is driven rapidly, scratch that, it's thrashed mercilessly and the wear rate has been impressive, seeing as they only come with about 7mm of new tread it's just as well they wear ok. Will definately buy Falkens again if they continue in this manner. Regards Lew
1 - tyre reviewed on April 28, 2020
Given 59% while driving a Saab Automobile 2.0T (210bhp) (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 22 average miles
Tyres were on my saab 9-3 aero 250 hp when I bought it. They were on the car for about one year by then.

Not so impressed with these. Dry handling and grip is ok, but not great. Wet grip is bad in my opinion. I have to be carefull when taking corners in the wet because I can feel the car breaking loose easily. I'm spinning wheels in 3rd gear going straight. Road feedback is ok, but not great either. I've had kumho tyres on my previous car, different weight and engine of course (mg zr td 150 hp) but the grip compared to these was fenomenal. Aquaplanning is very good though on these tyres.

They are completely worn out after about 40 000 km. I drive sporty from time to time, but mostly not. I must say they do produce more and more noise now that they are getting worn. In the contrary, the grip stays the same.

I wouldn't buy them again.

4 - tyre reviewed on December 24, 2019
Given 79% while driving a Toyota Mark II (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Bought a pair of these for the front of my Toyota and run semi slicks on the rear. I've always liked falken for the price and have had them on the front of many of my rwd cars as they are a brilliant all rounder. These are no exception. They perform well in all weathers, wear pretty well for a softer tyre and the front end of the car feels stable and accurate when cornering. I would buy again.
4 - tyre reviewed on April 25, 2019
Given 83% while driving a Holden Vectra V6 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 25,000 spirited miles
I had conflicting advice from different tyre stores one saying these are the tyres for you the other saying don't touch them with a million-foot barge pole. The store saying don't touch said I'd be back in for fresh tyres new rims and a wheel alignment in 6000 miles max. but they held and went well. They gripped and gripped until you wanted to start playing up then they spun but you always felt in control. great tyres if i have another such car again i wouldn't hesitate to buy these again.
7 - tyre reviewed on January 9, 2019
Given 74% while driving a Peugeot 206 GTI 180 (205/40 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 25,000 spirited miles
This Tyre make Falken one of my favorite Tyre maker. Fully recommended about value - money only little noisy and if last little more i would buy again.
7 - tyre reviewed on November 16, 2018
Given 76% while driving a Opel (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 18 average miles
Opel Omega B estate 2.0 auto 18.000 miles covered in 2 years. The car is RWD. These tyres started off as fronts for 9700 miles, then transferred to the rear as new 914s were fitted to the front. 914s are looking very good on the front and the rears have now expired. The car carries a mobility scooter in the rear at all times, due to the weight the only problem has been one tyre has worn off an inside strip due to camber alignment cock up, so not the tyres fault. Apart from that there is still a mil left on the right rear above the indicator tabs.
But all that said they give better grip than any other make I have used, for the price and the safe feeling they give I would use nothing else, if I slowed down through corners then I would have got more milage out of them. This is my third car to use 914s, I would continue to use them but the 310 is supposed to be better again, so I will look forward to the new ze310s that are on there way as I type.
2 - tyre reviewed on September 6, 2018
Given 87% while driving a Fiat croma (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 40,000 spirited miles
After replacing Conti Eco Contact (garbage) with these, I felt like born again. When Conti Eco Contact failed miserably, I was looking for a replacement and reviews were pointing towards these. I am happy to say, these are among best tires I ever had on any of my cars, bested only by Michelin Primacy. I have driven them on highway, local roads, a bit on dirt road, went over potholes, mud and sludge, mountain drive, sharp cornering, fast driving, you name it. After 40.000 miles, they are on half wear and still perfectly balanced, great grip, comfortable and safe. I am selling my car now and it goes with these tires out. I feel like there is at least 20.000 miles in them, and if I could keep them for my new car, I would.
Downside is somewhat stiff ride but not so hard, wet grip is very good but not fantastic, but very good, and only noticeable thing is they skid a bit when starting uphill on dry road. I guess it comes as result of durability. However, if you hit brakes in panic, they stop the car immediately, don't wobble, and give you great feedback, and, as it happened to me few times, after a second or two, what went trough my mind was " thank God I have these tires on my wheels..."
So, I can recommend them, especially for the price, where you will get 98% performance of tires that cost double or triple than these.
5 - tyre reviewed on May 14, 2018