Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4

The new Pilot Sport AS 4 improves on previous all season tyre with 4% better dry braking, 5% better wet braking and 10% more snow traction. It also offers 29% better wear than leading competitors

The tire's Asymmetric Tread Pattern includes more rubber on the outer shoulder, which helps deliver lateral dry grip. The superior wet grip is the result of a race-inspired tread compound engineered with maximum levels of silica to grip slick pavement. The large rain groove evacuates water from under the tire to prevent hydroplaning.

This tyre replaced the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 3 Plus.

Tyre review data from 6 tyre reviews averaging 89% over 21,153 miles driven.

The Pilot Sport All Season 4 is ranked 5th of 14 All Season Ultra High Performance tyres.

2020 Tyre Reviews UHP All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 7 tyres

• Positive - Good grip in the dry and wet, significant lead in dry braking and shortest wet braking.
  • Negative - Expensive purchase price, average levels of noise and comfort.
  • Overall - The new Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 earns a win in its first test, proving to have a balanced performance in almost all tests, and an impressive ability to top the vehicle quickly and safely in all conditions.

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

YouTube Review

Top 3 Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 Reviews

Given 92% while driving a Honda Accord (215/55 R17 W) on mostly town for 150 average miles
Car: 2013 Honda Accord EXL V6 Sedan I'm upgrading to the Pilot Sport All Season 4 from the Primacy MXV4. My tire size is 215/55/17. The MXV4s were 94V and the Pilot Sport AS4s are 98Y. So you'd think going from the factory standard tire to the Pilot Sport would be a nightmare. This couldn't be further from the truth, so long as you know what you're in for. The AS4's are more direct when steering, and the limits are higher. Additionally, they grip better and cause the traction control to kick in less because the tires are able to grip better, especially in the dry. Wet behavior is very good too. I have not noticed any hydroplaning so long as I am driving normally. I have not dealt with the tires in snow nor ice as of yet, but I am going to suspect they may not be as grippy as the MXV4s. I will have to wait for the first big storm to see what happens. These tires have slight road noise, owing to the fact they are higher performance than the factory MXV4s, but the noise is not intrusive nor annoying. It's not the whirring drone that I had iniitially feared, so much as the tires communicating to you more of the road imperfections that exist (and in NYC / LI, there are LOTS of potholes and road imperfections). On highways and main roads, the tire noise is muted, but the tires still communicate when you load them up on an exit ramp, and I have not found the limits of these tires as of yet. In contrast, the MXV4s didn't communicate until you were near the limits of the tires... and being the car has almost 300hp and a V6 to the front wheels, you WANT to know when the car is about to lose grip and submit to torque steer (and not just because the traction control light has come on). Because of the way this tire is (very direct, communicative), if you're coming from the MXV4 or another "Honda-installed low resistance tire", you may be shocked by how much more communication (bumps, handling feedback, steering directness) you get. But if you enjoy being able to have a smooth ride that's somewhat compliant, but with great handling improvements, minimal loss of fuel economy, and then being able to more aggressively storm backroads, these are great. Now if I Could get Pilot Sport 4S tires for the summer that are the same size and profile, I'd be set year-round.
4 - tyre reviewed on January 15, 2021
Given 100% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI (235/35 R19) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Replaced the AS3+ which was already the best tire in the segment imo and wow it's even better. Feels better on snow and better handling so suits the car very well. It's amazing what this thing can do with the tread pattern
3 - tyre reviewed on February 2, 2021
Given 96% while driving a Audi RS 5 (245/45 R19) on mostly country roads for 10,000 average miles
Best tyre I've ever used
2 - tyre reviewed on February 7, 2021
Have you driven on the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 >

Latest Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 Reviews

Given 97% while driving a BMW X5 3.0d Sport (315/35 R20) on a combination of roads for 3 spirited miles
We drive a BMW X5 35d xDrive with the M Sport package. 275/40/20 front/315/35/20 rear. The stock Continentals were worn out in 28,358 KMs. After BMW and Continental decided they were not going to do anything for us, we installed a set of Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4. The vehicle has never driven so well, significant improvement in steering response, handling, braking, ride quality etc…. Dry or Wet an excellent tire. Although we only have 5,000KMs on the tires now, we can say, our X5 never drove this well when new with the Conti’s on it. Great job Michelin! Thanks Tyre Review for all the videos with full track testing! Keep up the good work!
0 - tyre reviewed on June 20, 2021
Given 90% while driving a Lexus IS250 AWD (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 4,000 average miles
I bought these tires in the fall so far with 6 months of use it performs surprisingly well. It handles excellent in the snow and wet and dry performance are comparable to dedicated summer tires. One complain would be the road noise but its bearable and not a deal breaker. Would buy these tires again and its a great set if you want to run your tires for the whole year without switching to dedicated winter and summer set.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 25, 2021
Want the best performance tyre? Click here!
Given 77% while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK7 GTI (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Before I start my car is modified which might lead you to have a different experience, current mods at the time of the review are listed below. I came across the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4's while looking for replacement tires for my 2019 GTI. The previous owner and I had gone through the OEM Bridgestone Potenza RE97AS in about 15k miles. I felt a huge difference immediately with how the car responded and held the corners. It no longer felt like the front tires were going to fold under and off the wheel under hard cornering, quick lane changes were no longer a dicy decision. These tires changed everything, Ive had the tires for about 5k miles and couldn't be happier. The grip in the dry feels limitless and I'm no longer burning up the brakes under repeated hard braking. I cannot comment on tire wear yet, so far so good but I'll have to see how they hold up. Snow performance, could be better. driving in heavy snow It feels like the tire fills with snow and hold onto it, after a few miles snow grip is no better than the OEM Bridgestone's. As far as ice grip goes, its fairly average and I can't complain. Overall I highly recommend these tires, they have amazing dry grip and in heavy rain and light snow I've had zero problems. On the highway there not intrusive with road noise, road feel isn't great but its not worse than the OEM tires (the GTI in general has poor road feel). If your looking for a performance oriented all season tire these are the ones to get. Current modifications: EQT Stage 1 tune BC Racing BR series coilers H&R Rear Sway Bar
2 - tyre reviewed on February 16, 2021