Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4

The new Pilot Sport AS 4 improves on previous all season tyre with 4% better dry braking, 5% better wet braking and 10% more snow traction. It also offers 29% better wear than leading competitors

The tire's Asymmetric Tread Pattern includes more rubber on the outer shoulder, which helps deliver lateral dry grip. The superior wet grip is the result of a race-inspired tread compound engineered with maximum levels of silica to grip slick pavement. The large rain groove evacuates water from under the tire to prevent hydroplaning.

This tyre replaced the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 3 Plus.

Tyre review data from 14 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 56,903 miles driven.

The Pilot Sport All Season 4 is ranked 10th of 18 All Season Ultra High Performance tyres.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S vs Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 vs Michelin X-Ice Snow - 1st of 3 tyres

• Overall - The Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 might not have matched the extreme winter X-Ice Snow, but it was leagues ahead of the summer tyre in the snow and a really impressive tyre considering its abilities in the dry and wet across the summer. The braking was the star quality, and while it significantly slower than the full winter tyre, it still gave you confidence to drive safely on snow covered roads.

2020 Tyre Reviews UHP All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 7 tyres

• Positive - Good grip in the dry and wet, significant lead in dry braking and shortest wet braking.
  • Negative - Expensive purchase price, average levels of noise and comfort.
  • Overall - The new Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 earns a win in its first test, proving to have a balanced performance in almost all tests, and an impressive ability to top the vehicle quickly and safely in all conditions.

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4

Questions and Answers for the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4

2021-12-01 - Hi, I have a BMW X3 M40 with 21 inch wheels and am struggling to find all season tyres that will fit. I have run flats which I prefer as they saved my family a few years ago. Sizes are 275/35/R21 front and 245/40/R21 rear. Currently Bridgestones that came with it new earlier this year. My reading and investigation in your excellent website and YouTube service suggests Michelin PSAS4 would be best but the size seems to be a problem. I’d welcome your thoughts.

Judging by your spelling of the word tyre, you are in Europe, and unfortunately the PSAS4 is not available in the UK or most of the EU.

2022-04-19 - Hi there, I would like to ask for your opinion regarding the all season tyres in the dimension 205 55 16 for Skoda Octavia. From most tests it seems that the Michelin Crossclimate 2 is the performance leader. However, I would greatly appreciate your advice regarding the Crossclimate 2 or Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 (being also available at 205 55 16). Does it make sense to consider the Pilot, or it is better suited to faster cars / aggressive driving? Thank you in advance.

That entirely depends what you want from the tyre, if you enjoy driving in a sporty style, the PSAS4 will be the better choice, however if you want primarily want comfort and the highest possible performance in snow and ice, it would be the CC2.

YouTube Review

Top 3 Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 Reviews

Given 100% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI (235/35 R19) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Replaced the AS3+ which was already the best tire in the segment imo and wow it's even better. Feels better on snow and better handling so suits the car very well. It's amazing what this thing can do with the tread pattern
Helpful 15 - tyre reviewed on February 2, 2021
Given 92% while driving a Honda Accord (215/55 R17 W) on mostly town for 150 average miles
Car: 2013 Honda Accord EXL V6 Sedan I'm upgrading to the Pilot Sport All Season 4 from the Primacy MXV4. My tire size is 215/55/17. The MXV4s were 94V and the Pilot Sport AS4s are 98Y. So you'd think going from the factory standard tire to the Pilot Sport would be a nightmare. This couldn't be further from the truth, so long as you know what you're in for. The AS4's are more direct when steering, and the limits are higher. Additionally, they grip better and cause the traction control to kick in less because the tires are able to grip better, especially in the dry. Wet behavior is very good too. I have not noticed any hydroplaning so long as I am driving normally. I have not dealt with the tires in snow nor ice as of yet, but I am going to suspect they may not be as grippy as the MXV4s. I will have to wait for the first big storm to see what happens. These tires have slight road noise, owing to the fact they are higher performance than the factory MXV4s, but the noise is not intrusive nor annoying. It's not the whirring drone that I had iniitially feared, so much as the tires communicating to you more of the road imperfections that exist (and in NYC / LI, there are LOTS of potholes and road imperfections). On highways and main roads, the tire noise is muted, but the tires still communicate when you load them up on an exit ramp, and I have not found the limits of these tires as of yet. In contrast, the MXV4s didn't communicate until you were near the limits of the tires... and being the car has almost 300hp and a V6 to the front wheels, you WANT to know when the car is about to lose grip and submit to torque steer (and not just because the traction control light has come on). Because of the way this tire is (very direct, communicative), if you're coming from the MXV4 or another "Honda-installed low resistance tire", you may be shocked by how much more communication (bumps, handling feedback, steering directness) you get. But if you enjoy being able to have a smooth ride that's somewhat compliant, but with great handling improvements, minimal loss of fuel economy, and then being able to more aggressively storm backroads, these are great. Now if I Could get Pilot Sport 4S tires for the summer that are the same size and profile, I'd be set year-round.
Helpful 11 - tyre reviewed on January 15, 2021
Given 96% while driving a Audi RS 5 (245/45 R19) on mostly country roads for 10,000 average miles
Best tyre I've ever used
Helpful 11 - tyre reviewed on February 7, 2021
Have you driven on the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 >

Latest Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 Reviews

Given 100% while driving a Lexus GS350 AWD (/40 R19) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
I have only had them for about 1000 miles but I replaced my old Toyo Proxes 4 all seasons with these and they have dramatically changed the handling of my 2015 Lexus GS 350 awd. Amazing tires so far in the dry and wet (no chance for snow or ice yet) and I am sure I have bored many people talking about my new tires. They are awesome.
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on June 6, 2022
Given 76% while driving a Audi S4 (/35 R19) on mostly motorways for 20,000 spirited miles
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 tires. Running these on a 2012 Audi S4, all wheel drive car. It's my daily driver / road trip car. Climate is middle of USA. Snow only 5-10 times a year here, usually light snow. Truly 4 seasons. Driven about 20k miles on these tires since 2021. Driving style spirited. The wet handling is really why I love these tires. They are just excellent for a commuter or road trip car when the rain is coming down hard. Snow is fine and suitable to get around a light snow day, but you'll slip around a bit (which I'm fine with) Dry handling is on point for what I need. Very good, but not amazing. Only time they slip is under really hard corning when I'm asking for it. They're expensive, that's a draw back for sure. However, I've been happy with the tire wear so far. Just be sure to do regular rotations. I would definitely buy these again.
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on March 31, 2022
Want the best Performance summer tyre? Click here!
Given 73% while driving a Audi A5 2.0TFSI Quattro (/40 R18) on mostly motorways for 100 easy going miles
This is only an initial observation !!!! i am comparing the pilot sport as 4 to my old tires, pilot sport as 3 worn down almost to the tread indicator. so having driven only 10 miles on the highway on the new tires: they definitely have great feedback and feel planted to the road. However, they feel jittery and transmit road imperfections noise-wise. on a flat, "no imperfections" road surfaces they feel smooth as ice skating. unfortunately, very few roads have no imperfections. i am an easy going driver so i probably will not approach the performance envelope of these tires, except for avoiding dangerous situations....which is where braking and steering matter, hence for safety.
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on February 11, 2022
Given 51% while driving a Subaru Impreza WRX (/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Dangerous and excessive wear. Go read other 1 star reviews and you'll see that very accelerated wear is common, especially with Pilot Sport A/S tires installed over the past 6 months. (Maybe a production problem or a Costco problem.) Loved the tires when I first got them in October 2021 and I did a lot of driving on winding mountain roads. 3,000 miles later and the tires are completely bald on the rear -- and this is being blamed on my alignment. So, I went to have my alignment checked and no adjustments were needed, so it's not the alignment. Based on several reviews I've found online, tires purchased at Costco tend to have wear problems. Oh, and I only realized they were bald because it was the first snow of the season and the backend of my car lost grip. After looking at the tires, I found both were bald and one is so worn that the wires are sticking out of the tire. Unbelievable that a tire could last 3,000 miles even if I was driving my car sideways or backwards.
Helpful 8 - tyre reviewed on January 8, 2022
Given 70% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI MK7 (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,500 spirited miles
Good outright grip and reasonably quiet for a tire in this class. Feels a bit mushy in the turn in and lateral handling compared to the previous version AS3+ which had more direct feel. Has a bit better ride than the AS3+ did, but in my opinion its not better enough to justify the decrease in steering feel and cornering grip. To be honest, I prefer the previous version and its "on rails" feel vs this new version that has more of a typical comfort oriented mix. I have a 2017 VW Golf GTI SE.
Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on December 28, 2021
Given 78% while driving a BMW 330xi (/50 R17) on for 50 miles
Started with Pirellis. Hard harsh ride. Bumps jarring. Not responsive handling Continentals, next greatly improved ride, soaking up bumps still disappointing steering, handling cornering PSAS4 finally got the ride and handling I expected from my 2003 330xi! Car rides firm not jarring hard and now feels more confident certain cornering
Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on November 16, 2021
Given 83% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 7 GTI PP DSG (/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 8,600 spirited miles
Dry grip is exceptional for an all season tire, while wet grip still exceeds my expectations. Hydroplaning has been virtually nonexistent since this tire has been fitted. Even more surprising are the wear characteristics. I've done a few days of light tracking on these tires and it still looks as if I could get another 20,000 miles out of them. While I have not yet experienced their capabilities in the winter, given their superior performance across the board when compared against the tires I had previously, I maintain a high level of confidence.
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on November 16, 2021
Given 93% while driving a Audi A6 TDI Quotro 3.0 S Line (255/35 R20) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
I got these to replace a set of Goodyear eagle sports, which is these things competition. I live in Seattle area where it rains from September to April so I needed a good rain tire. I have to say my rain grip is 95% as good as the Goodyear was in the dry which blows my mind. They are most definitely quieter than the Goodyear but not as quiet as my old worn out set of continental sport contacts, most likely because they have much more meat on them. They do significantly better than both tires at reduced noise over jarring bumps. I drive an A6 TDI so I used to get about 37 to 41mpg highway averaging 80 mph depending on if I need to pass. These tires do make my mpgs decrease slightly to the 35 to 40 range but that is a trade off I am willing to accept.
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on September 17, 2021
Given 97% while driving a BMW X5 3.0d Sport (315/35 R20) on a combination of roads for 3 spirited miles
We drive a BMW X5 35d xDrive with the M Sport package. 275/40/20 front/315/35/20 rear. The stock Continentals were worn out in 28,358 KMs. After BMW and Continental decided they were not going to do anything for us, we installed a set of Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4. The vehicle has never driven so well, significant improvement in steering response, handling, braking, ride quality etc…. Dry or Wet an excellent tire. Although we only have 5,000KMs on the tires now, we can say, our X5 never drove this well when new with the Conti’s on it. Great job Michelin! Thanks Tyre Review for all the videos with full track testing! Keep up the good work!
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on June 20, 2021
Given 90% while driving a Lexus IS250 AWD (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 4,000 average miles
I bought these tires in the fall so far with 6 months of use it performs surprisingly well. It handles excellent in the snow and wet and dry performance are comparable to dedicated summer tires. One complain would be the road noise but its bearable and not a deal breaker. Would buy these tires again and its a great set if you want to run your tires for the whole year without switching to dedicated winter and summer set.
Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on February 25, 2021
Given 77% while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK7 GTI (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Before I start my car is modified which might lead you to have a different experience, current mods at the time of the review are listed below. I came across the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4's while looking for replacement tires for my 2019 GTI. The previous owner and I had gone through the OEM Bridgestone Potenza RE97AS in about 15k miles. I felt a huge difference immediately with how the car responded and held the corners. It no longer felt like the front tires were going to fold under and off the wheel under hard cornering, quick lane changes were no longer a dicy decision. These tires changed everything, Ive had the tires for about 5k miles and couldn't be happier. The grip in the dry feels limitless and I'm no longer burning up the brakes under repeated hard braking. I cannot comment on tire wear yet, so far so good but I'll have to see how they hold up. Snow performance, could be better. driving in heavy snow It feels like the tire fills with snow and hold onto it, after a few miles snow grip is no better than the OEM Bridgestone's. As far as ice grip goes, its fairly average and I can't complain. Overall I highly recommend these tires, they have amazing dry grip and in heavy rain and light snow I've had zero problems. On the highway there not intrusive with road noise, road feel isn't great but its not worse than the OEM tires (the GTI in general has poor road feel). If your looking for a performance oriented all season tire these are the ones to get. Current modifications: EQT Stage 1 tune BC Racing BR series coilers H&R Rear Sway Bar
Helpful 8 - tyre reviewed on February 16, 2021