Vredestein Quatrac Pro

Quatrac Pro is the first all-season tyre to be specially designed for the ultra-high-performance (UHP) segment, and top-end models such as the Alfa Romeo Stelvio, Volvo XC90 and BMW 5-series. The Quatrac Pro will be available in sizes from 17 to 21 inch. Vredestein's Quatrac 5 will continue to serve as the ideal all-season tyre in the smaller size range.

This tyre replaced the Vredestein Quatrac 5.

Tyre review data from 17 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 31,901 miles driven.

The Quatrac Pro is ranked 7th of 14 All Season Ultra High Performance tyres.

2020 ADAC SUV All Season Tyre Test - 6th of 9 tyres

• Positive - Relatively good in the wet, low wear.
  • Negative - Very weak in the snow, weak on dry roads.

2020 Auto Express All Season Tyre Test - 6th of 6 tyres

• Positive - Good lateral grip in the wet.
  • Negative - Poor snow performance, longer braking in he dry and wet, high rolling resistance.

2020 Sport Auto All Season Tyre Test - 5th of 9 tyres

• Positive - Good grip in the dry and wet, good levels of comfort.
  • Negative - Strong understeer and low grip on snow.
Size Fuel Wet Noise Weight
275/40 R20 106Y XL   C B 73 15.12kgs
275/45 R20 110Y XL   C B 73 15.54kgs
275/45 R21 110Y XL   C B 73 16.22kgs

Questions and Answers for the Vredestein Quatrac Pro

2020-04-18 - what is the recommended tire pressure for this tire? Put on a Kia Cadenza

The tyre pressure for the Vredestein Quatrac Pro is vehicle and load specific. The correct tyre pressure for your vehicle can usually be found on a sticker in the door shut of the driver's door, or in the manufacturer's handbook.

2020-11-30 - are these run flat tires

I believe there are some runflat sizes of the Quatrac Pro, if not there's definitely some in the Quatrac 3.

Quatrac Pro Prices

YouTube Review

Top 3 Vredestein Quatrac Pro Reviews

Given 83% while driving a Subaru Forester sti (245/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Having had a proper winter this year, it was interesting to see how these tyres fared. I'd heard good things about their dry handling and feedback, but to be frank was sceptical about how a non-directional tyre would fare in the snow. The answer was pretty good - maybe not quite as good as Nokian WR-D's or similar but with decent power on tap those wouldn't be the best on dry or wet roads which is TBH the norm for most of an English winter. I went on some seriously rural roads including 1 in 5 hills with over 7cm of snow and going uphill on shot ice and didn't spin a wheel. The handling figure given is an estimate as you'd have to be driving like the Original Nutta to get them to unstick in the Forester which is not a good idea with typical road conditions round here i.e. a dry stone wall on one side and a 150ft drop ont' other. Unless I end up moving to a snowy part of the Highlands I'll get some more. How they would do on a hot summer's day i don't know, but then it would always be the Nokian Powerproofs for me when the weather's warm.
34 - tyre reviewed on March 15, 2021
Given 100% while driving a SEAT 1.4 TSI (215/50 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 100 easy going miles
I had Vredestein Quatrac Pro fitted on my new Seat Ateca a week ago and I've done only 100 miles on motorways and city roads in dry weather, so I can't evaluate all tire qualities yet. Nevertheless I've felt a big improvements on OE Bridgestone Turanza T001 (same size) fitted at the factory: better grip, better comfort, better road feedback, even better mileage. All of these came at a very reasonable price (even if higher than other sizes of the same tire, maybe because up to last week only Vredestein was -worldwide- selling all-season tires in the size/codes I needed; since few days you can buy Michelin CC+ as well, but they are priced as much as double). I'm eager to test my tires in wet and snow conditions, and test their handling qualities at the limit. I'll update my review then.
33 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2019
Given 85% while driving a Porsche Macan 2.0 (235/60 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
This is a quick take after 500 miles (Oct 19) on my Porsche Macan (2.0l petrol 2020 model), equally split between dry and wet (inc. torrential rain), motorway and country roads, I'll post an update after more experience.

These replaced the OE fitment of Michelin Latitude Sport 3 summer tyres, but I fitted Michelin Cross Climate SUV to my previous F-Pace and have always been happy to use good quality A/S. Whilst I live in the South East, it is on just about the highest point and we get plenty of 'weather' and more ice/frost over winter, relatives in Northumberland and the occasional ski trip, I view A/S as a winter tyre substitute for SE.

I've reviewed these as 235/60/18, but this also covers 255/55/18 as Macan has different sizes front and rear. Porsche, according to the dealer, no longer OE fit A/S for the UK market. I chose the Vredestein as designed for UHP, W speed rating and good Auto Bild and Tire Rack test results.

The best compliment is that I can't really tell any difference between the Vredestein and Michelin Sport 3, perhaps a slightly softer ride (the Macan ride is firm as you'd expect), maybe a touch more oversteer but breaking and handling in both dry and wet has been excellent. No obvious change in fuel economy, but I'm comparing 500 miles with 2,500 on the Michelin's so will reserve judgement.

Early judgement, I'm very pleased with them in typical SE Autumn conditions on a sporty SUV, at least as good as the Cross Climate SUV on my previous car.
30 - tyre reviewed on October 22, 2019
Have you driven on the Vredestein Quatrac Pro tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Vredestein Quatrac Pro? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Vredestein Quatrac Pro >

Latest Vredestein Quatrac Pro Reviews

Given 75% while driving a Subaru BRZ (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,500 spirited miles
First 1000km: Dry: After adequate running-in, the Quatrac Pro, in terms of presence in the center and reactivity in direction changes, has now eliminated the initial differences compared to the Michelin Primacy HP. There remains only a slightly more noticeable lying in support of the curve. A little more difficult to get it tailed, but the progressivity in the transient loss / regain adhesion to the rear is excellent and also the ride comfort is truly remarkable for an m + s. Wet: very consistent on damp asphalt just above 0 ° C. Basically it seems to have the grip limits of the Primacy in dry conditions around 5 ° C. Until now, however, I have not yet been able to test its evacuation capacity on noteworthy layers of water. Snow: not tested yet So far below 20 ° C is the tire I wanted: good on dry, excellent in wet, comfortable and beautiful to look at. p.s. Optimal pressure with temperatures below 20 ° C: 230kPa (2.3 bar) --------------------- --------------------- Update after about 2000km: The performance has completely stabilized and I confirm the exceptional balance and ductility of this tire. Extremely fun both dry and wet practically at all tested temperatures between -5 ÷ + 22 ° C. In dry the shoulder, once deformed in support, holds up very well with a lower understeer tendency compared to the Primacy. The insertion speed is quite good considering the tread depth. By playing with a slight advance and forcing the intensity of the steering a little, the handling is maximized, which is therefore very good for a 4-season. In skidding the tire is progressive and never abrupt in transients. Braking is a little long and spongy but the bite is excellent on uneven surfaces. In wet, the rubber does what you ask of it. With a precise and shrewd guide it holds and convinces always and in any case, in every situation and at every temperature in which the liquid element remains so. When you want to have fun, the safety margins are wide and the responses very gradual. Excellent braking, truly a monument. Excellent drainage, even with temperatures close to freezing. Absorption of roughness and silence excellent for a 4-season. No whistles even during drifting, acceleration from standstill and tight corners. The only drawback still present is the sensation of floating above 140km / h which I hope will decrease with the wear of the tread. Successfully tested even with snow around 5cm on routes without excessive slopes. The bite is consistent and the directionality is sufficient as long as you stroke the accelerator. Not yet tested on ice.
3 - tyre reviewed on April 11, 2021
Given 87% while driving a Land Rover Range Rover V8 Autobiography (275/45 R21) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Hi, got a set of Vredestein Quatrac Pro for my Range Rover on 21inch wheels. So far I have been very impressed with them, the first thing I noticed and the whole family noticed was how quiet the tyres were, both at motorway speeds and town/cobble street driving. Feedback was good as was wet and dry grip. I was highly impressed with their snow/ice grip - it was far better than the factory fit tyres - they are not all terrain tyres so don't bite/eat their way through deep drifts but for snow up to 6 inches and compacted snow these were great. We also use our RR off road, on wet fields and mildly muddy tracks there were fine - I don't think they would be super tough compared with an all terrain tyre so watch out for your side walls. Finally wear, its hard to say what life we'll get out of these, the rubber does seem slightly softer but this is a small compromise for everything else. In short, highly recommended and will defiantly will buy again
3 - tyre reviewed on February 15, 2021
Want the best performance tyre? Click here!
Given 48% while driving a BMW 520D M Sport Touring (245/40 R19 W) on mostly country roads for 4,000 average miles
WARNING! If you've got a RWD car and are looking to buy these in order to keep you moving in winter, DON"T. After a light snowfall I tried to climb a very slight incline in my 520D, I couldn't. The car just ran out of momentum even with a run up. Never had this issue with either Bridge A005s or Goodyear V4 G2 in similar cars. I ended up reversing up the incline. Terrible tyres for snow. They're fine in other conditions but that's not why people buy all weather tyres.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 24, 2020
Given 97% while driving a Lexus LS430 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Exceptional tires. Quiet, comfortable, grippy. You trade some mileage and durability for the excellent handling and safety, but for me that is a tradeoff I am willing to make. Highly recommended.
18 - tyre reviewed on June 7, 2020
Given 91% while driving a Jaguar XF Sportbrake 2.2 (200) (235/55 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Fantastic tyre! Great in rain and good in snow.
15 - tyre reviewed on February 28, 2020
Given 82% while driving a BMW 530D M sport (245/40 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 2,000 spirited miles
Fitted on F11 530d, very quiet compared to summer Dunlop’s, have about 2 mpg average loss since fitting though. Feel a lot more confident in the wet, traction control used to be used all the time before and now after 2000 miles I haven’t seen it flash on once!
9 - tyre reviewed on January 14, 2020
Given 91% while driving a Ford Fiesta ST180 (215/40 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
I may be in the under powered segment of what the manufacturers were aiming for. But I wanted a good all round tyre on my 220bhp fiesta st. And I can say I’m more than pleased, almost as good wet performance as the rainsport 3’s I had on(which says a lot) and definitely better dry grip. Will wait to see about snow/ice however I already have confidence in the ability!
14 - tyre reviewed on December 5, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Subaru Legacy 3.0R (225/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 1 spirited miles
second pair of Vredestein's so I am hoping these are as good if not better than the first. so far I am delighted on my 2013 Subaru Legacy 3.6R.
27 - tyre reviewed on November 4, 2019
Given 100% while driving a SEAT Seat Ateca 1.5 TSI FWD (215/50 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 300 spirited miles
After a week and a couple of hundreds of miles more, I'd like to update my first review of Quatrac Pro, as promised.
First I had the chance to test the tires on the wet, and found that their performance is as excellent as on dry roads, you feel very safe and in full control of your car.
Then, having let the tires to bed in, I tried to reach their limits. In such conditions I reached car's limit before tires' one, so full marks also for handling.
In general, the most amazing thing of my tires is that I have an excellent road feedback while riding in total comfort, up to now I've found only tires where one of the two greatly compromised the other.
So up to now I'm 100% happy with new tires, I want to test them on the snow, and then see their wear and tear.
Just a final note: I'm driving a 2019 Seat Ateca TSI 1.5 FWD DSG, not a 1.4 TSI as it was reported in my first review.
21 - tyre reviewed on October 20, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Volkswagen (B8) 1.4 TSI (150 Hp) DSG ACT (255/40 R20) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
The car is delivered with Continental Contisportcontacts which are a very good tyre. However, for the last 10 years I have run my cars on 4 Season tyres as I start work very early and don't want to risk the winter months on tyres with no snow/ice capability. After reading reviews and the success of these tyres in the Auto Bild All Season tyre test, I bought a set for the winter: I'll put the Contis back on in the spring. Results so far: the Tiguan R_Line is fitted with sports suspension which gives a firm ride and the Quatrac Pros have greatly improved the ride and noise compared to the Contis. On the flip side, they don't turn in as sharply as the Contis. Overall grip for road driving in the wet or dry remains much the same and wet braking is outstanding. I have yet to try these in snow or ice but the Auto Bild test seems to indicate their performance wont be far off a good winter tyre. I haven't run them long enough to comment on wear. Overall, once I wear out the Contis next summer I'll be keeping the car on Quatrac Pros as I prefer their balance of handling/comfort/noise/ability in the wet - and of course their snow and ice capability when the weather turns.
10 - tyre reviewed on October 19, 2019
Given 97% while driving a Toyota Avensis Wagon D4D 2.2 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
Was looking for good all season tires, read many reviews and tests and finally chosen Vredestein quatrac pro. My father still has quatrac 5 allseason tires, riding them 6 years already and there are thread left for about year. No complains about quatrac 5. I had Vredestein snowtrack 3 on my other car and they were really good tires, so i decided to give another try for allseason tires. And it looks it was good decision. Can't tell anything about winter condition yet. I drove only about 200km with them yet, but can tell that they are really amazing. Grip is superb, braking too (dry and wet). Very comfortable ride though tires pressure i hold is 2.5bar and they still feel soft on road bumps. Tire noise is absent too, don't know how from outside, but inside the car i can't hear them. Steering is very light and sharp with these tires. I'm very keen to test them on winter conditions, hope will surprise me too. I'm happy with my choice. Well done Vredestein. I had other brand tires like Goodyear, Continental, Toyo, but when i found Vredestein they beat them all by price/quality ratio.
9 - tyre reviewed on October 19, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Mitsubishi ASX Outlander Sport (215/60 R17) on mostly motorways for 500 average miles
Good tyres. Very grippy but caused a loss to economy over previous tyres
29 - tyre reviewed on July 20, 2019