Pirelli P 7

The Pirelli P 7 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 82 tyre reviews averaging 69% over 1,793,559 miles driven.

The P 7 is ranked 93rd of 129 Summer Premium Touring tyres.

2009 AMS Summer and Winter Tyre Test - Summer - 6th of 6 tyres

Size Fuel Wet Noise Weight
0/0 R0 0         13.69kgs
0/0 R0 0         9.86kgs
215/45 R16 86H   F B 71 9.22kgs
205/50 R17 93W XL   C B 72 9.00kgs
225/60 R18 100W   E C 71 13.01kgs
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Pirelli P 7. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

P 7 Prices

Top 3 Pirelli P 7 Reviews

Given 89% while driving a Mercedes Benz 220 cdi advantgarde (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Excellent tyre. Those that report problems should carefully check their tyre pressures. Have had mine nitrogen filled which helps to stop loss of pressure ( all tyres). Oxygen from normal air filled leaks through carcass. Nitrogen molecules larger and do not pass readily through carcass.
65 - tyre reviewed on January 1, 2014
Alfa Romeo (205/55 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 85,000 average miles
My car came with Continental Premium Contact 2, but I damaged the front tyres, due to potholes, at around 15000 miles (bubbles at sidewalls), so I tried Pirelli P7 initially only as front tyres. Very good perfomances for dry grip, noise and reactivity when steering and, particularly, on wet roads. At 50000 I also put them on the rear axle, and have swapped rear-front tyres a couple of times.
After all these miles (65K in about three years) they have lost some perfomance in the dry but they still behave extremely (I'll say surprisingly) well in the wet.
Last positive aspect, I go frequently to ski in the mountains and, at least in the first year, I was able to drive quite easily in the snow a few times, without having to put the chains on.
Given these results I'm now changing the front tyres with the Pirelli P7 Cinturato.
Driving style: necessarily the quiet one of the commuter, but when the road bends ... well, it is there that you test yourself, your car and your tyres. Everybody is good at going straight.

10 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2016
Given 54% while driving a Volkswagen CC (235/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
My worse tyres, very noisy, maybe for racing car they are great buy for family sport car is definitely wrong choice. Fuel consumption is quite similar to P7 Cinturato, i have to admit that P7 on some of types tarmac are realy quiet but on the most of roads the are incredible noise,after 6000 miles tread was still aprox 6-7 mm but I've sold them
9 - tyre reviewed on July 8, 2016
Have you driven on the Pirelli P 7 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Pirelli P 7? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Pirelli P 7 >

Latest Pirelli P 7 Reviews

Given 33% while driving a Audi A3 1.8T sport (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 800 spirited miles
This tire has terrible tire roll. I’m almost tempted to post a video review of these tire. P7 centurato. Would not recommend these to anyone for any purpose. Poor lifespan, weak side wall, tires have bubble effect on side wall appearance as it only has 1 lip on the side wall. The profile of the p7’s vs my previous Dunlop’s sp6060’s are chalk and cheese. The p7 is has a huge “bubble” design. Great for straight road comfort. But that’s about it. Very poor handling around bends and corners.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 25, 2020
Given 80% while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class Estate (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 6 easy going miles
Just bought 4 Pirelli p7 Cinturato MO - Immediate comments as I drive back from tyre fitters :- Road Noise greater than previous Continentals Suspension seems harder and not such soft ride. Grip seems excellent (dry) Hope they will soften down over next few months as others have said.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 15, 2020
Given 70% while driving a SEAT Ibiza FR SC 1.2 TSI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 45,000 spirited miles
These tyres wear rate is amazing, have 3mm tread left and they have done 45k miles (72km). They are the original OE tyres that came with my 2014 Seat Ibiza FT ST. Dry grip is good, they need to be pressurised to 36psi, car manual states 28psi for single occupant however this makes the tyres feel like jelly. With the FR having stiffer spring rates and damping, you'd want lower tyre pressure to compensate - with a rear torsion beam the ride is very harsh if you sit in the back. The tyres do not skip over bumps when cornering even at high air pressures. Wet grip is good - I have also been driving another Ibiza FR with Kumho Ecsta LE Sport and they are scary in the wet, the Pirellis tyres are predictable and confident.

I'm about to switch tyres, looking at Continental Premium Contact 6. Will review them soon.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 18, 2019
Given 63% while driving a Skoda Octavia Scout (225/50 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 45,000 easy going miles
I bought a Skoda Octavia Scout from new (2016) and today it was due its first MOT...and failed! Why? because the two back tyres (which both have loads of tread left and show no signs of uneven wear after 45000 miles) have split along the tread, revealing the cables/wires! Both tyres came with the car. If you have a car which has had these tyres from 2/3 years i would thoroughly recommend checking them very carefully. This is not easy to do at ground level.
There have been no indications of any problems but then again, I'm a safe driver who doesn't race around country lanes. Most of the mileage has been done on motorways.
I'll be contacting Pirelli and Skoda about this. Neither the mechanics at the testing station or the tyre fitters had seen similar damage on such a 'new' tyre.
2 - tyre reviewed on June 25, 2019
Given 84% while driving a Peugeot 407 sw (215/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 28,000 average miles
On the Portuguese roads we have a lot of type of floor, different kind of tar, etc. ( 10c to 45c )
I confess that I do many kms, in mixed circuit ... sometimes I have a more sporty, sometimes more relaxed driving. At the moment more relaxed ... because the amount of speed radar ... so demands ... and they are more and more. Originally when I acquired the car, it brought pirelli p7 ... and lasted more than 70,000 km.
Always excellent adhesion in dry as wet. By the way... ​​my SW weighs almost 2 tons, and even in wet driving, have always proved excellent.
Later I experienced other brands ... such as continental (weak performance in this measure) Achiles (excellent performance both dry and wet ... but reached the end of useful life with 20,000 km (remembering the Yokohama) however very satisfied. I have already used AVON zv7 and although the durability is small too (not as small as the yokohama or achiles) have proven to be excellent on wet as well as dry.
In my sw, both 94 and 98w can be used. I have used 94. In pirelli, negative note for its use from 35%. They are prone to holes ... many holes. If hitting a hole can tear easily. Above 35% are excellent ... but it is certainly not a tire to use until the end of life. Eventually on a German, Swedish or Norwegian road, this pirelli p7 will last longer .... I got 2 tires for the rear in the seal inside version recently for my van. They are apparently softer and more comfortable (in addition to less noisy) than the normal version ... we will see how they behave. Soon I will buy 2 tires ... and I am undecided between Dunlop, Vredestein, Avon (being + inclined for AVON)
0 - tyre reviewed on June 18, 2019
Given 41% while driving a Ford Focus (205/55 R16) on mostly town for 25,000 average miles
Terrible tyre if you ever inted to drive on wet roads. This will lose grip if someone throws a cup of water in front of your car, even at slow speeds.
They don't wear too fast, but they are so crappy that I am throwing them away and replacing them with Michelin's Primacy 4 (probably). I just spun my car going 20 mph on slightly wet tarmac (it was raining before, but it wasn't raining anymore when I spun)
5 - tyre reviewed on December 20, 2018
Given 86% while driving a Skoda Superb MK3 (2015 Present) (215/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 22,400 spirited miles
Had these on my car since new. Its a 2016 2 litre Skoda superb MK3. They have covered 22,400 miles and the fronts are now at 3mm and the rears at 5mm. Which i think is excellent wear rate. These are a very comfortable tyre . And quiet on the road . They feel very safe regardless of the weather . They are not a high performance tyre for a sports car so i dont feel it is fair to compare them . I have a bmw M5 aswell where i use michlin PS 4s which of course are a better handling tyre ,but the Pirelli P7 is an excellent tyre for an everyday car and normal driving , they have good wet and dry grip and are comfortable . I will probably switch to Michelin Primacy 4 when they are worn out but that is purely a personal preferance for michelin tyres. There is nothing wrong with these P7 they are an excellent tyre .
4 - tyre reviewed on September 10, 2018
Given 46% while driving a (215/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
Worst tyres I've ever owned, all four cracked right around tread. Uncomfortable dangerous rubbish which I had to change. I now have Uniroyal Rainsport 3 fitted all round and the car has been transformed . No more Pirelli rubbish for me.
5 - tyre reviewed on July 28, 2018
Given 60% while driving a Audi A4 Avant (225/50 R17 W) on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
Shocked in Pirreli as always used the tyres now face serious problems on my Audi kept getting flat tyres and air loss changed three tyres in one year and on all three had over 7mm threat left will never ever buy or trust Pirrelli tyres again
0 - tyre reviewed on June 4, 2018
Given 40% while driving a Skoda Octavia (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Only positive comment right now on 5000 kilometres might be; they seem tougher than my previous tyres. (Cinturato p7's)
2 - tyre reviewed on September 29, 2017
Given 86% while driving a Toyota Auris (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Had P7s on the front of my auris for 5000 miles now and am impressed. Great dry grip, good under braking and have never managed to lock the front wheels up in the wet. These tyres track very well steering-wise and instil confidence. They're not the quietest tyres on the motorway, but my Auris isn't the quietest car either, so...

These tyres are obviously a class act and I will be fitting them on the back axle also, as soon as my current Michelin Primacy wear out.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 11, 2017
Given 86% while driving a Renault Megane II Break 1.5dCI 105Hp (205/55 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 7,000 spirited miles
dry grip was fine when i got them to the right presure, the tire loses some air over a month but the bigger isue is gasoline stores air presure service, they vary form place to place, finaly got them to 2.4bar and it transform the ride,,,

wet grip is good but a bit neurvous, like the man said before me "when u learn the limites of the tire they install a lot of confidence", and the thing to consider is I live in a cold area(15-20 celcius in the sumer rain) with very curvy road and i read somewere "they like to be hot",,,

the bad - no made in county, spec
-litle tire presure lose over a period of a month

the good - litle wear
- pushed to top speeds regulary on motorway, only in the wet they need reserv( cca 100-130km/h)
5 - tyre reviewed on October 10, 2016