Viking Protech Newgen

The Viking Protech Newgen is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 7 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 1,020 miles driven.

The Protech Newgen is ranked 30th of 190 Summer High Performance tyres.

2021 ADAC Summer Tyre Test - 225/50 R17 - 16th of 17 tyres

• Positive - Very low fuel consumption.
  • Negative - Weak in the dry and wet.
  • Overall - The Viking ProTech NewGen has poor dry braking and inconsistent dry handling. It has poor wet grip, with and oversteer balance. Average noise but comparatively low wear and very low fuel use.

2021 53 Summer Tyre Braking Test - 36th of 53 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Viking Protech Newgen
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Viking Protech Newgen. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Protech Newgen Prices

Top 3 Viking Protech Newgen Reviews

Given 80% while driving a Subaru XV Crosstrek (225/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 400 average miles
I was buy the tires 1 month ago. Good grip in dry and wet conditions, smooth and comfortable ride, low rolling resistance, fuel economy, good dry and wet braking, weak handling.
78 - tyre reviewed on April 17, 2019
Given 78% while driving a (245/45 R19 W) on mostly country roads for 120 spirited miles
Surprisingly good wet performance. Dry grip is good but lacking abit feedback. Also sidewalls appear to be on the soft side, comfort rather than feedback. Tires on Tesla Model S - heavy car. Only driven 200km approx., so initial feedback.
16 - tyre reviewed on May 5, 2020
(225/45 R17) on for 0 miles
Hi Astra Estate man here again just to do a quick update. Over the last 2 weeks we have had some heavy rain and happily I have had to drive in it. These Newgens have performed very good in the rain and I mean the heavy stuff they have cleared the water very well and I feel perfectly safe driving on them,

One day I pushed them on an empty wide road well above the conditions just to see if they would aquaplane but they stayed well footed, a bit risky I know but I have straight line aquaplaned in the past and knew what to expect and how to get out of it...but also the tyres are still at full tread depth.
As it stands I am still well pleased with my purchase for my car, the wear rate is still too early to rate.
ATB
8 - tyre reviewed on October 18, 2019
Have you driven on the Viking Protech Newgen tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Viking Protech Newgen? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Viking Protech Newgen >

Latest Viking Protech Newgen Reviews

Given 78% while driving a SEAT Altea (205/55 R16) on mostly country roads for 500 spirited miles
Fitted these in late August 21 so still new & limited mileage but so far very pleased as replaced Goodyear efficient grip 2 tyres that cracked badly after only 2 yrs use. Though had fair bit of tread left. So far finding these good all round tyres. Sporty handling & good grip for most roads, in our Seat Altea mpv, which is 1.9 TDI type. Defo good on economy too as no drop in mpg from Goodyear's. Time will tell on mileage. Would recommend these for good all round sport/touring tyre.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 13, 2021
(225/45 R17) on for 0 miles
Hi Astra man back again, I had to let my Astra go this month as I had a lot of engine trouble that couldn't be cured so she had to go, but I am really gutted I couldn't take the tyres off and transplant them on to my newer Astra because its got bigger alloys so they had to go with the car. All I can say is about the Newgens is they were brilliant top marks for the time I had them.. for wet and dry work they never missed a beat on bends and wet motorways and wide fast roundabouts not once did they every let the car down, they would have gone very well on mileage but I cant say to what now, at the time they had a lot of tread left front and rear and they kept their pressures well. We still have them on the rear of my miss'es astra hatchback and exactly the same they are handling very well, I didn't put them on the fronts because I didn't want order again from Germany online as that's the only place I could find them and its a pain so Primacy 4's went on they're easier to get hold of. Newgens are not cheap tyres they cost the same as the Michelins on the 205/55r16 size. My review of these tyres is solely on my astra what they will be like on a different car I don't know. I will continue to put my opinion on my new tyres on my new car here, I took off the ones that came with the car and got Kumho HS51 on 215/50r17 so far they are very good,,but then they are very new. ATB
0 - tyre reviewed on August 19, 2021
(225/45 R17) on for 0 miles
Well hello.. looks like nearly only me has bought these tyres not many reviews on these again. Any way its has been a good journey on these tyres, they have gone through the cold weather very well, in the rain they have been very safe my Astra estate, unladen my Astra is very light in the rear and when pressed onwards has stayed well planted on the road in all weathers. I would like to find fault with the tyres but so far that has been impossible..on my car. The wear still is good at both ends they are 94 load rating and 420 treadwear, if that has helped well great. After using these I am now happy to fit them to my miss'es Astra hatchback she needs 4, it is a shame I have to get them online though as they are difficult to buy locally. ATB
1 - tyre reviewed on March 1, 2020
Given 90% while driving a (205/55 R16 V) on for 0 miles
Hello, I fitted 4 of these to my Astra estate in 205/55r16 94v. My previous front tyres were Firestone Roadhawk and were the worst tyres I have on the front my review on those is available to read... they were awful. My rears were Marshall KH35 and were brilliant but I cant get them anymore so i opted for the Viking Newgen's to try out.

I have to say these tyres have been great to drive on in the last 900 plus miles, they feel like they are actually made out of rubber compared driving on the Firestones, they do not squeal on corners or bends they hold the car true and the are extremely comfortable. In the wet they are very good on the road and the dry grip is spot on, my driving style is press on and I do push the car a bit.

I went for the extra load for a change and I run the pressures 3 psi above base around town.

I cant comment on the wear yet but I will when the time comes for that, new the tyres are 8.3mm deep. Last week we came back from a long week end down in Cornwall and did just over 670 miles the tyres preformed very well on all types of roads and high speeds on the motorway dry and wet.

Now then the Viking website does need updating and needs to show more information, finding reviews was quite hard so I had to search more into European drivers to get what I needed before I chose them.

All I can say so far on my Astra they are very good and I am well pleased with my purchase, this might change as the miles build up but I will report that as well.
ATB