Viking Protech Newgen

The Viking Protech Newgen is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 5 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 520 miles driven.

The Protech Newgen is ranked 26th of 187 Summer High Performance tyres.

2021 53 Summer Tyre Braking Test - 36th of 53 tyres

2021 ADAC Summer Tyre Test - 225/50 R17 - 16th of 17 tyres

• Positive - Very low fuel consumption.
  • Negative - Weak in the dry and wet.
  • Overall - The Viking ProTech NewGen has poor dry braking and inconsistent dry handling. It has poor wet grip, with and oversteer balance. Average noise but comparatively low wear and very low fuel use.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Viking Protech Newgen
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Viking Protech Newgen. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Protech Newgen Prices

Top 3 Viking Protech Newgen Reviews

Given 80% while driving a Subaru XV Crosstrek (225/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 400 average miles
I was buy the tires 1 month ago. Good grip in dry and wet conditions, smooth and comfortable ride, low rolling resistance, fuel economy, good dry and wet braking, weak handling.
78 - tyre reviewed on April 17, 2019
Given 78% while driving a (245/45 R19 W) on mostly country roads for 120 spirited miles
Surprisingly good wet performance. Dry grip is good but lacking abit feedback. Also sidewalls appear to be on the soft side, comfort rather than feedback. Tires on Tesla Model S - heavy car. Only driven 200km approx., so initial feedback.
16 - tyre reviewed on May 5, 2020
(225/45 R17) on for 0 miles
Hi Astra Estate man here again just to do a quick update. Over the last 2 weeks we have had some heavy rain and happily I have had to drive in it. These Newgens have performed very good in the rain and I mean the heavy stuff they have cleared the water very well and I feel perfectly safe driving on them,

One day I pushed them on an empty wide road well above the conditions just to see if they would aquaplane but they stayed well footed, a bit risky I know but I have straight line aquaplaned in the past and knew what to expect and how to get out of it...but also the tyres are still at full tread depth.
As it stands I am still well pleased with my purchase for my car, the wear rate is still too early to rate.
ATB
8 - tyre reviewed on October 18, 2019
Have you driven on the Viking Protech Newgen tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Viking Protech Newgen? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Viking Protech Newgen >

Latest Viking Protech Newgen Reviews

(225/45 R17) on for 0 miles
Well hello.. looks like nearly only me has bought these tyres not many reviews on these again. Any way its has been a good journey on these tyres, they have gone through the cold weather very well, in the rain they have been very safe my Astra estate, unladen my Astra is very light in the rear and when pressed onwards has stayed well planted on the road in all weathers. I would like to find fault with the tyres but so far that has been impossible..on my car. The wear still is good at both ends they are 94 load rating and 420 treadwear, if that has helped well great. After using these I am now happy to fit them to my miss'es Astra hatchback she needs 4, it is a shame I have to get them online though as they are difficult to buy locally. ATB
1 - tyre reviewed on March 1, 2020
Given 90% while driving a (205/55 R16 V) on for 0 miles
Hello, I fitted 4 of these to my Astra estate in 205/55r16 94v. My previous front tyres were Firestone Roadhawk and were the worst tyres I have on the front my review on those is available to read... they were awful. My rears were Marshall KH35 and were brilliant but I cant get them anymore so i opted for the Viking Newgen's to try out.

I have to say these tyres have been great to drive on in the last 900 plus miles, they feel like they are actually made out of rubber compared driving on the Firestones, they do not squeal on corners or bends they hold the car true and the are extremely comfortable. In the wet they are very good on the road and the dry grip is spot on, my driving style is press on and I do push the car a bit.

I went for the extra load for a change and I run the pressures 3 psi above base around town.

I cant comment on the wear yet but I will when the time comes for that, new the tyres are 8.3mm deep. Last week we came back from a long week end down in Cornwall and did just over 670 miles the tyres preformed very well on all types of roads and high speeds on the motorway dry and wet.

Now then the Viking website does need updating and needs to show more information, finding reviews was quite hard so I had to search more into European drivers to get what I needed before I chose them.

All I can say so far on my Astra they are very good and I am well pleased with my purchase, this might change as the miles build up but I will report that as well.
ATB
2 - tyre reviewed on September 11, 2019
Want the best performance tyre? Click here!