Wanli S1088

The Wanli S1088 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 85 tyre reviews averaging 43% over 663,289 miles driven.

The S1088 is ranked 188th of 202 Summer Touring tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Wanli S1088
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Wanli S1088
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Wanli S1088. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Wanli S1088 Reviews

Given 96% while driving a Mazda cx5 (265/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 12,000 spirited miles
I am surprised at all the negative reviews that Wanli is receiving. Because I have been using Wanli tires for quite some time already. So far, it has actually performed better than what I expected, given that they are cheaper than other tires. But they have good grip on the road, especially in the Philippine's road condition, where there are so many bumps and traffic is horrible. Grip is very good on both wet and dry road, considering that I like to speed up and then use sudden brakes whenever I need to. I will buy Wanli tires again. They are performance tires and not to mention, they are affordable too!
53 - tyre reviewed on September 17, 2017
BMW 325ci M Sport convertible (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
Looooooool at all the comments on here regarding these tyres. So so true, all of them. After fitting these I thought I had wheel bearing issues on the rear, but I now know this is the noise coming from the tyres. Grip in the wet is non-existant!!!! You have to really change the limitations the car would usually have (tone it right down). I put these on the rear of a 325ci M-Sport with a manual gearbox. Never again will i compromise to save a few quid. Its made my car feel cheap and dirty. Ive seen christmas tree lights flicker less than my DSC indicator light with this black Sh*t wrapped around the rims. Avoid Avoid Avoid
20 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2013
Given 10% while driving a Toyota Corolla (225/45 R15) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
i love this tyre coz it changed my life completely. I am a law enforcement agent here in the Philippines. We usually do bad stuff but when I purchased this tyre I have changed for the better..you know why? I almost met God because of this tyre.. if you have brains you know what i mean
18 - tyre reviewed on August 21, 2017
Have you driven on the Wanli S1088 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Wanli S1088? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Wanli S1088 >

Latest Wanli S1088 Reviews

Given 69% while driving a Mazda 3 Series (205/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Had them on my modified mazda 3 2md gen. 16 inch Konig feathers, Raceland coilovers and these wanli tires. What I have to say. Excellent on dry roads. Honestly, never had such good grip and comtrol from any tires before. With my suspension setup and these tires, I would take any turn, any highway exit, at incredible speed without making the tires screech. I had incredible trust and the feeling of security without having to worry I would lose control in high speed turns. Now the negatives. Super dangerous on wet roads. Seriously, on the highway driving straight at 110km/h, tires would spin if I floored the gas and I only have 150hp. Very unstable and in rain, I would turn very slow in turns because they just kept slipping and sliding if I would try to go fast. Normal tires are better than these performance tires in rain. But on dry roads, yes they are very good and for the price, its a no brainer. Just be careful on wet surfaces.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 22, 2021
Given 33% while driving a Nissan 370Z (285/55 R18 W) on mostly town for 0 spirited miles
Came from a pair of falken tyres and was comfortable taking corners at 60 and 80 on the mountain pass I normally go to. After receiving this pair of tyres from ozzy tyres I knew budget tyres were gonna be horrible. After a break in period I was going to take it to the same pass I normally take it and after leaving my house I lost traction 3 times before even getting there. Simple corners and moderate speeds will put you sideways. I have a steep driveway and in the rain it was a struggle to get out. People with non performance cars are probably fine to use these tyres as a budget purpose, but if you have any car over 200hp I would not recommend. Even if you decide to buy it be prepared to deal with the most annoying tyre sound I have ever experienced as it is a constant high pitch whir, enough to the point it made me go out and upgrade my exhaust just to drown it out.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 4, 2021
Given 71% while driving a Toyota MR2 mk3 Roadster (235/40 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
These tyres are great on the front only of a roadster with RWD. Nowhere else. Underrated, mostly misplaced on wrong cars and at the rear.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 12, 2021
Given 97% while driving a Mercedes Benz 190 2.3 16 (225/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
These tires are gaining much popularity now. I have my vintage Mercedes and I mostly change my tires with Wanli. They fit my budget well, and they run pretty smoothly. Not much issues. I am a loyal buyer to this brand because they're really great, with both the price and quality of the tires. I also heard from the tireman that their technology is from the U.S. but produced in China. Maybe that explains why the quality is getting better but the price stays affordable.
8 - tyre reviewed on July 24, 2018
Given 100% while driving a Toyota FJ Cruiser (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 0 average miles
I love how these Wanli tires allowed me to save up 10x more. Quality is very okay for it's price. Would recommend these over other brands especially for normal and casual daily city driving! You won't be needing to spend much when it's just city driving. Wanli tires are your best option. Don't even go with other china brands. im so satisfied with my Wanli's.
6 - tyre reviewed on January 29, 2018
Given 96% while driving a Hyundai Tucson (225/60 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
I use 225/60R17 for my Tucson and use my car continuously on the road wherever my site visits take me in the Philippines. Because my job requires field work, I always use my car with Wanli tires. I have been using Wanli for years now and I am impressed with its performance. It has good grip and great traction. Above all, its price is well within my budget range and it lives well beyond my expectation. Thumbs up for Wanli. Highly recommended as I have tried and tested it on my own years of experience with the brand.
14 - tyre reviewed on December 1, 2017
Mercedes Benz E320 CDI Sport (265/40 R19 V) on a combination of roads for 1,200 average miles
Bought 2 for front and two for rear for my Mercedes Benz 320CDi sport ..I have done the same as the other Merc man.... but went further and fitted four radials from a mates Merc and bingo the noise disappeared .
Don't buy these tyres the mould is misaligned if you look closely ..they are absolute rubbish ..you have been warned .. I bought 4 for my Merc E320 CDi Sport after reading spec... and the listed specs are all lies... I also had the tracking done three times !!! , changed each one with a spare thinking it was bearing noise or break issues reduced the pressure and increased the pressure but noise is still their.. the only good thing about them is they can be used as a swing in the park !!!!!!!! ..never , never , again go for a cheap Japanese tyre ..........they only know how to make paper toys !!!! ( NOT)
5 - tyre reviewed on October 31, 2017
Given 11% while driving a Mercedes Benz 320CDi (265/40 R18 S) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Don't buy these tyres ..you have been warned .. I bought 4 for my Merc E320 CDi Sport after reading spec... and the specs are all lies... I have had the tracking done , changed each one with a spare thinking it was bearing noise or break issues reduced the pressure and increased the pressure but noise is still their.. I am going to go to a second hand tyre dealer and give them away ..never , never , again will I buy Japanese tyres ..........
2 - tyre reviewed on May 29, 2017
Given 46% while driving a Chevrolet Malibu LTZ (235/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 400 average miles
Put these on 2014 Malibu ltz the worst mistake I could have ever made.road noise unreal can not enjoy talk radio at all. Have been ok on wet road better than some .money wise not this brand never again. My car I loved and now not sure. Overall a 4.5 these tires
0 - tyre reviewed on January 25, 2017
Given 30% while driving a Mercedes Benz E320 CDI (225/55 R16) on mostly country roads for 8,000 easy going miles
I am using these on my e class at rear axle hoping they would wear quicker as the noise is unbearable. They were at front initially but i couldnt stand the noise and moved them to back so they get worn quicker. Traction light is kicking in on wet but on dry it seems to be gripping ok. These are definitely not a comfort tyres.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 16, 2017
Given 44% while driving a Dodge SRT4 Neon (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
This tire sucks, it grips just as a regular tire, and on rain, oh god, they really suck, no grip at all, even with the road partially wet you would fucking slide even on a low speed turn. please don't buy this crap, invest on a toyo, or a better tire.
1 - tyre reviewed on February 22, 2016
Given 10% while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 easy going miles
Fitting on front. Road Noise UNBEARABLE due to "stepping" on tyre. This is where the leading edge of the tyre raises and causes a loud buzz. The noise gets louder and more intrusive the smoother the road surface.

Then realised this is exactly what I fitted to my wife's car several years ago and had to replace due to noise

The only tyres I have felt the need to complain about after 30 years driving. Have fitted cheap before but none like this
NEVER FIT THESE