Jinyu YU63

The Jinyu YU63 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 49 tyre reviews averaging 71% over 307,386 miles driven.

The YU63 is ranked 94th of 187 Summer High Performance tyres.

2016 Test World Performance Tyre Test - 10th of 13 tyres

• Positive - Good handling on dry roads, low rolling resistance
  • Negative - Long braking distances and poor handling on wet surfaces, poor resistance to aquaplaning
Size Fuel Wet Noise Weight
205/45 R17 88W XL   E C 72 8.50kgs
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Jinyu YU63. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Jinyu YU63 Reviews

Given 90% while driving a Audi Q7 (295/35 R21) on a combination of roads for 12,000 spirited miles
I don't care what anyone says about these tyres!
They are amazing, I don't know about small car or other passenger car but on a 4x4 the jinyu yu63 are good.
Having been through 2 sets of Pirellis in 18 months I was shocked at the wear and tear on the manufactured recommend.
After putting the jinyu tyre on are just as good as the Pirellis and amazed by them and half the cost of Pirellis it's a winner.
Certain types of jinyu tyres may ride different on different cars but on a 4x4 they are spot on.
AAA recommended
121 - tyre reviewed on April 5, 2016
Given 14% while driving a BMW 330i (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 7,000 average miles
AVOID DANGEROUS!!!

18 month old tyre. Catastrophic failure in the sidewall when it blew out on the motorway at around 70mph.

Garage was horrified to find no wirework in the sidewall. So you’re really rolling the dice if you buy them.

AVOID AVOID.
40 - tyre reviewed on May 18, 2019
Given 79% while driving a BMW Z4 35i (255/35 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Previously had bridgestones run flats on and read reviews online and thought I'd give these a try in 6 months 5000 miles no complaints great all rounder total value for money and less than half
Price of
36 - tyre reviewed on September 15, 2016
Have you driven on the Jinyu YU63 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Jinyu YU63? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Jinyu YU63 >

Latest Jinyu YU63 Reviews

Given 86% while driving a Honda HRV (215/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 41,000 average miles
Comparable wet and dry grip to Pirelli's but twice the mileage for half the price. Currently on 41,000 miles on this set of Yu63's and not yet down to the wear bars. Would definitely be putting another set on.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 30, 2021
Given 31% while driving a BMW 435d (255/35 R19) on mostly motorways for 7,000 easy going miles
BEWARE New set of Jinyu YU63's came with the used car (BMW 435d x-drive - 2 years old at purchase). As the tyres were new, I ran with them, knowing they were not a top brand (potentially a big mistake). No problems for 7000miles, or so I thought, but at the next annual service/MoT both rear tyres were condemned; one with inner face sidewall failure - bulging, not visible from outside - and one with delamination of tread - again hard to spot during routine care and maintenance. The car now has a full set of new boots - the BMW recommended Bridgestone Potenza S001's - they are excellent. I run Conti Sport Contact on all my other cars and the Bridgestones are as good or better. I will never have a cheap set of tyre's again. Not Recommended - potential disaster waiting to happen - imagine a complete side wall failure at 70 on the motorway. Cheap tyres are a false economy.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 23, 2021
Want the best performance tyre? Click here!
Given 51% while driving a BMW X5 (315/35 R20) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Fitted to x5 I bought by garage and went in for service and mechanic laughed at me for having these fitted as on inspection the inner sidewall was delaminating and potentially causing a blowout with disastrous results. I hear these have a sidewall issue and indeed I feel lucky to have ditched them before they ditched me
1 - tyre reviewed on April 8, 2021
Given 77% while driving a BMW 320D (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 10,000 spirited miles
I bought a set of these as a test after going through a set of other Chinese tyres super quick. At the same time as getting them fitted, I got a four wheel alignment done. These tyres have lasted a significant amount longer than the other set of tyres I had, and I would say I hoon them on a daily basis. For the price I can't complain and I often find during cornering they are very predictable and grippy in the dry. In the wet however, they do grip okay, but once they break in a corner, the car will slide very did suddenly. My BMW 320d isn't a 5000 horsepower machine but it's not a 1.0 yarris, and being rwd I do enjoy a cheeky bit of sideways fun. These tyres are decent and I'm about to buy them again. Mine are below the wear indicators but still grip great in the dry but would probably suck in heavy rain. 32psi front 45psi back 225/45/17
0 - tyre reviewed on April 1, 2021
Given 96% while driving a Maserati quattroporte (275/40 R19) on mostly motorways for 20,000 spirited miles
Absolutely outstanding tyres. I've had them all and paid for the best. These were recommended to me and I dubiously tried. I wouldn't use anything else. Wear quality is so good compared to pirelli, handling is great well done guys, à great tyre.
1 - tyre reviewed on February 17, 2021
Given 100% while driving a Mercedes Benz C220 cdi sport (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 4,000 average miles
I THINK JINYU TYRES ARE AMAZING I WOULD NOT PUT ANYTHING ELSE ON MY MERCEDES. VALUE FOR MONEY AND EXCELLENT GRIP ESPECIALLY GOING SIDEWAYS ON THE WAY TO THE GYM!! I'VE RECOMMEND JINYU'S TO ALL MY FRIENDS AT WORK TOO! I CANT WAIT FOR THE ONES ON MY CAR FITTED TO WEAR DOWN TO GET SOME MORE AND ILL CONVINCE MY WIFE TO FIT SOME ON HER BMW TOO!!! WEZ - DEVOTED FAN
2 - tyre reviewed on September 11, 2020
Given 34% while driving a Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 TCDI (235/50 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 10 average miles
Bought a new Car with these fitted and all seemed fine until it rained, the tyres aren’t too bad In the dry but are horrendous in the wet - gave them a couple of weeks but had to change them, wouldn’t want to risk driving on these going into winter.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 28, 2020
Given 30% while driving a Vauxhall Astra GTC (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Fine for pottering about in the dry but you will inevitably hit something when you try an emergency stop. Terrible/scary when accelerating, braking, steering and cruising in the wet.
4 - tyre reviewed on August 21, 2020
Alfa Romeo (215/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 22 spirited miles
Jinyu yu63 are the same as Evergreen EU72, same brand with 2 different names. I drive daily and on weekends like to go search for b roads for driving fun. All I can say is whether is dry or wet or stormy weather never had anything other than great grip, excellent road feedback and great handling. As far as wear they are superior to anything else in its price range. Only minor note is as the Tyre wears the rolling noise increases. 2 sets on fronts with 35000kms each and a set on rears with 70000kms.just ordered 4 new tyres and guess what, jinyu yu63 again
5 - tyre reviewed on April 1, 2020
Given 83% while driving a MINI Clubman (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 500 average miles
put these on my mini f54 clubman after running bridgstone potenza then landsails the bridgestone potenzas again and to be honest these are the best- really i didnt expect much as we really well priced £40 a tyre but wow give them a go they are amazing
ive been in the motor trade for 25years and ran every tyre make under the sun and apart from the absoloute market leader michelins but wow they are expensive this is now my next choice of tyre brand
14 - tyre reviewed on October 4, 2019
Given 56% while driving a Volkswagen Scirocco 2.0 TSI 210hp (235/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
These tyres are obviously very cheap so my expectations were very low. They were actually surprisingly good in the dry. But in the wet they were horrendous. Could barely accelerate even gently without wheelspin and cornering was a scary affair.
In the UK especially Scotland we rarely ever drive in the dry so personally I'd avoid these tyres unless your budget is cheaper than cheap.
I'd say these tyres are fine for a low powered car and city/town driving. But any car with a bit of power or any open road spirited driving these are definitely not what you want on your car.
19 - tyre reviewed on July 9, 2019
Given 75% while driving a Lexus GS300 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
But these to replace some Nankang AS-2s and very pleased with the tyre so far. grips really well in wet or dry really gives the confidence to sling the car into corners would definitely recommend and also purchase again!
2 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2019