Nexen WinGuard Sport 2

The Nexen WinGuard Sport 2 is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Nexen Winguard Sport.

Tyre review data from 20 tyre reviews averaging 80% over 82,750 miles driven.

The WinGuard Sport 2 is ranked 30th of 87 Winter Touring tyres.

2020 Winter Tyre Market Overview - 52 Tyre Braking Test - 24th of 49 tyres

2019 Auto Bild Winter 17 inch Tyre Test - 11th of 21 tyres

• Positive - A balanced winter tyre with stable driving characteristics in all conditions, short snow braking, low noise, low price
  • Negative - Long dry braking, high rolling resistance
  • Overall - Good

2019 Winter Tyre Test Market Overview - 15th of 47 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nexen WinGuard Sport 2
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nexen WinGuard Sport 2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

WinGuard Sport 2 Prices

Top 3 Nexen WinGuard Sport 2 Reviews

Audi A3 Sportback (225/45 R17 V) on mostly town for 250 average miles
I bought these tyres a week ago relying on Auto Bild Winter Tyre Test. Was looking for low cost tyre and decided to go with these. My summer tyres are Pirelli Cinturato P7 (not new version). After changing tyres my first impressions are definitely silence and comfort. Huge relief after Pirelli tyres. I drove 350 km on wet road last night (120-180 km/h ) and didnt have a problem at all. My only concern is understeering. Im not an expert but surely felt understeering a lot more on these tyres.
250 - tyre reviewed on November 26, 2017
Given 93% while driving a BMW 328i Coupe (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 5,000 spirited miles
Bought these 225/45R17 on my BMW 328ci e46. Its european winter tyre, so don't expect much on snow and ice, expecially if you have rear wheel drive, but perfect for city and roadway. Comfortable, not noisy, good handling, low price.Drove ~5000km and i don't see any wear (;
25 - tyre reviewed on October 5, 2018
Given 81% while driving a BMW 320D (225/45 R17 H) on mostly motorways for 1,000 spirited miles
I put these tyres on my BMW E90 320d, 2 months ago, used them for 1500 Km's and I'm very pleased with my choice. For what I paid, they are very VFM tyres, at least 30% less price than other brand name tyres. Although I haven't tried them on snow, the handling is quite nice both on wet and dry roads. In fact, this brand makes me thinking seriously to try it's summer tyres too next time. Finally, the performance of this tyre on the 2017 ADAC winter tyres test, was the reason I bought them and I'm quite happy for this choice of mine, so far.
23 - tyre reviewed on February 11, 2018
Have you driven on the Nexen WinGuard Sport 2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Nexen WinGuard Sport 2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Nexen WinGuard Sport 2 >

Latest Nexen WinGuard Sport 2 Reviews

Given 92% while driving a BMW 520d Tourer (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
These tyres have not scored that good in the tests I have read but I read various recommendations from owners, especially regarding driving dynamics. I was in urgent need for new winter tyres (nail in one of the old) so the recommendations together with a good price made me take a chance. And man I am glad I did! For me these tyres has been great. Not the best grip on hard acceleration or breaking, they are quite soft, but hey - these are winter tyres. We have not had a hard winter this year (I live in Sweden) but during the weeks of snow and ice, the grip has been surprisingly good. Good handling over all and really, really silent. Fantastic in wet, I do many hours on high speed highways every week and have felt really secure even in heavy rain and high speed. So all in all, I can truly recommend these tyres.
2 - tyre reviewed on April 26, 2021
Given 78% while driving a Kia Motors Stinger GTS (225/45 R18) on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
On an AWD stinger, these tires played in 50cm deep snow. Whereas other cars were getting stuck, my car was just playing. Only in the snow drift will you feel the car trying to find traction which it found in seconds. Although these tires work well in snow, dry and wet roads, they do not like slick icy snow or ice. You can feel the ABS trying to stop the car on such conditions or feel the rear wanting to fishtale when taking a turn slowly (from a stop- nevermind at speed).
2 - tyre reviewed on February 6, 2021
Given 53% while driving a Volkswagen Passat B7 (235/45 R17 V) on mostly motorways for 3,000 average miles
The tyre has egg shape and no balancing can fix it. I went back to the seller and they send the tyre to the factory for testing and they said its in the normal specification. At 110kmh and more the druving is uncomfortable because the vibrations from tyre. Very disapointed at the factory testing...
0 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2021
Given 100% while driving a BMW 420d M Sport X Drive (225/50 R17 V) on track for 0 average miles
Best tyre for this price .
7 - tyre reviewed on December 1, 2020
Given 32% while driving a Dacia Duster 4x4 (215/65 R16) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Tyres went wobbly right after 10000km. Unrepairable with 3 different tyre balancing machines. Simply 2of4 tyres were shot.Do not expect these tyres to be reliable , the price tells you all. Definitelly won't buy or recommend these any more.
10 - tyre reviewed on December 28, 2019
Given 61% while driving a Tesla Model 3 (230/45 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
Bought these tyres because they were cheaper compared to other Ultra High Performance tyres (Michelin PS4S, Pirreli Sotozzero, Vrendstein Wintrac). We don't get much snow and I thought for 3 months these will be fine until I switch to my normal summer tyres. I have a 450HP all wheel drive electric car.

Turns out, the tyres have weak lateral sidewalls and as such handling on my car suffers a lot (and I like a sporty drive). A lot of fine dust rubber from the rear tyres ends up on the car's paint and glues on to it - something I didn't expect would happen and washing this dust from the paint is very difficult to do. Tyres are also a bit noisy. Decent tyres but wouldn't buy again.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 23, 2019
Given 68% while driving a Ford Fiesta ST180 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 0 spirited miles
Tires are a bit noisy and the handling got a bit vague. Good anti aquaplaning (160kmh+ in heavy rain) and an overall safe feeling
13 - tyre reviewed on November 11, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Honda Accord Tourer Type S (225/45 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
Absolutely happy with tyres. Used as All Season Tyres. Completed 5000miles/8000km
Tyres been used average driving conditions, average weather all year. (From -12 to +31 Celsius, UK conditions)
Front tyres left ~7mm, rear tyres left ~8mm
Few times crossed paddle with no issue
Great tyres for affordable price
21 - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2019
Given 92% while driving a Toyota Auris (215/45 R17 V) on mostly motorways for 20,000 easy going miles
These are great tyres, I use them on a Auris Hybrid for about 20k miles and mostly motorways driving plus some country lanes and some A &B roads, they are absolutely brilliant in wet, very good in dry and snow and ice just grippy as on dry surface. Most important factor before my purchase was the noise level , and they exceeded my expectation, these tyres are quieter than many summer tyres, which is something unusual. Comfortable, safe, and reasonably priced i can highly recommend them. Fuel efficiency is also not much affected, they are typical euro winter tyres. 👍
7 - tyre reviewed on March 16, 2019
Given 83% while driving a Mazda 3 Sport 2.2 Diesel 185 BHP (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Cant say much. Basically i was looking for not too expensive tyre and that was it. On dry it is great. Wet grip is not that good but on snow and ice it is handling extremely well. I drove 2000 km by now. Wearing is not something i can comment on but i am surprised the tyres are still okay given the fact i was driving on something most people would correct me if i say it is a road :D. I would probably buy this again. Not too many tyres are better than this and for the price it is a bargain.
8 - tyre reviewed on March 12, 2019
Given 75% while driving a Honda Civic 1.5T (235/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
To be fair it was ultimately price that took me to these tyres but they did have some decent reviews. They were fitted the day the snow arrived and the performance over the original fit Michelin primacy 3's was chalk and cheese but to be fair even the worst winter tyres generally work in proper snow. Where these nexen's really do surprise is colder temps and the greasy roads that the british weather excels in. Temps in the UK seem to bounce from around zero one day to ten degrees above the next day so obviously winter tyres tend to complain in higher temps, but again the nexen's manage to do this without the embarrassing howl of understeer that poor winters serve up. Wet braking is similarly good as well. I've used around seven types of winter tyre over the years,generally branded,and where these aren't as good as Michelin Alpin 4's/5's,there not a mile off. Factor in the price difference and once I see how they wear compared to the Alpin's(they were great) I would probably buy these again.
6 - tyre reviewed on February 9, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Ford Kuga (235/45 R19 V) on a combination of roads for 2,000 easy going miles
I have just purchased a new Ford Kuga and I'm going on my annual ski holiday in a few weeks time, this is the second set of Winguard Sport I have purchased and for the life of me I don't know why people would want to spend silly money when all they need to do is a little internet revision on these tyres, Last year in the Alps driving through 8" of snow and up hills and they felt brilliant and not for one moment did I thin I was going to get stuck, I don't drive aggressively but these tyres deliver everything that I require, managed to get all four tyres and fitting for under £500, I would buy these again every time and driving in the Alps these tyres give me a sense of confidence.
7 - tyre reviewed on December 26, 2018