Nexen WinGuard Sport 2

The Nexen WinGuard Sport 2 is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Nexen Winguard Sport

Tyre review data from 19 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 81,750 miles driven.

Latest Group Test Results

2020 Winter Tyre Market Overview - 52 Tyre Braking Test - 24th of 49 tyres

2019 Auto Bild Winter 17 inch Tyre Test - 11th of 21 tyres

• Positive - A balanced winter tyre with stable driving characteristics in all conditions, short snow braking, low noise, low price
  • Negative - Long dry braking, high rolling resistance
  • Overall - Good

2019 Winter Tyre Test Market Overview - 15th of 47 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nexen WinGuard Sport 2
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nexen WinGuard Sport 2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Nexen WinGuard Sport 2 Reviews

Audi A3 Sportback (225/45 R17 V) on mostly town for 250 average miles
I bought these tyres a week ago relying on Auto Bild Winter Tyre Test. Was looking for low cost tyre and decided to go with these. My summer tyres are Pirelli Cinturato P7 (not new version). After changing tyres my first impressions are definitely silence and comfort. Huge relief after Pirelli tyres. I drove 350 km on wet road last night (120-180 km/h ) and didnt have a problem at all. My only concern is understeering. Im not an expert but surely felt understeering a lot more on these tyres.
250 - tyre reviewed on November 26, 2017
Given 93% while driving a BMW 328i Coupe (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 5,000 spirited miles
Bought these 225/45R17 on my BMW 328ci e46. Its european winter tyre, so don't expect much on snow and ice, expecially if you have rear wheel drive, but perfect for city and roadway. Comfortable, not noisy, good handling, low price.Drove ~5000km and i don't see any wear (;
25 - tyre reviewed on October 5, 2018
Given 81% while driving a BMW 320D (225/45 R17 H) on mostly motorways for 1,000 spirited miles
I put these tyres on my BMW E90 320d, 2 months ago, used them for 1500 Km's and I'm very pleased with my choice. For what I paid, they are very VFM tyres, at least 30% less price than other brand name tyres. Although I haven't tried them on snow, the handling is quite nice both on wet and dry roads. In fact, this brand makes me thinking seriously to try it's summer tyres too next time. Finally, the performance of this tyre on the 2017 ADAC winter tyres test, was the reason I bought them and I'm quite happy for this choice of mine, so far.
23 - tyre reviewed on February 11, 2018
Have you driven on the Nexen WinGuard Sport 2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Nexen WinGuard Sport 2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Nexen WinGuard Sport 2 >

Latest Nexen WinGuard Sport 2 Reviews

Given 78% while driving a Kia Motors Stinger GTS (225/45 R18) on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
On an AWD stinger, these tires played in 50cm deep snow. Whereas other cars were getting stuck, my car was just playing. Only in the snow drift will you feel the car trying to find traction which it found in seconds. Although these tires work well in snow, dry and wet roads, they do not like slick icy snow or ice. You can feel the ABS trying to stop the car on such conditions or feel the rear wanting to fishtale when taking a turn slowly (from a stop- nevermind at speed).
1 - tyre reviewed on February 6, 2021
Given 53% while driving a Volkswagen Passat B7 (235/45 R17 V) on mostly motorways for 3,000 average miles
The tyre has egg shape and no balancing can fix it. I went back to the seller and they send the tyre to the factory for testing and they said its in the normal specification. At 110kmh and more the druving is uncomfortable because the vibrations from tyre. Very disapointed at the factory testing...
0 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2021
Given 100% while driving a BMW 420d M Sport X Drive (225/50 R17 V) on track for 0 average miles
Best tyre for this price .
7 - tyre reviewed on December 1, 2020
Given 32% while driving a Dacia Duster 4x4 (215/65 R16) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Tyres went wobbly right after 10000km. Unrepairable with 3 different tyre balancing machines. Simply 2of4 tyres were shot.Do not expect these tyres to be reliable , the price tells you all. Definitelly won't buy or recommend these any more.
10 - tyre reviewed on December 28, 2019
Given 61% while driving a Tesla Model 3 (230/45 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
Bought these tyres because they were cheaper compared to other Ultra High Performance tyres (Michelin PS4S, Pirreli Sotozzero, Vrendstein Wintrac). We don't get much snow and I thought for 3 months these will be fine until I switch to my normal summer tyres. I have a 450HP all wheel drive electric car.

Turns out, the tyres have weak lateral sidewalls and as such handling on my car suffers a lot (and I like a sporty drive). A lot of fine dust rubber from the rear tyres ends up on the car's paint and glues on to it - something I didn't expect would happen and washing this dust from the paint is very difficult to do. Tyres are also a bit noisy. Decent tyres but wouldn't buy again.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 23, 2019
Given 68% while driving a Ford Fiesta ST180 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 0 spirited miles
Tires are a bit noisy and the handling got a bit vague. Good anti aquaplaning (160kmh+ in heavy rain) and an overall safe feeling
13 - tyre reviewed on November 11, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Honda Accord Tourer Type S (225/45 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
Absolutely happy with tyres. Used as All Season Tyres. Completed 5000miles/8000km
Tyres been used average driving conditions, average weather all year. (From -12 to +31 Celsius, UK conditions)
Front tyres left ~7mm, rear tyres left ~8mm
Few times crossed paddle with no issue
Great tyres for affordable price
21 - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2019
Given 92% while driving a Toyota Auris (215/45 R17 V) on mostly motorways for 20,000 easy going miles
These are great tyres, I use them on a Auris Hybrid for about 20k miles and mostly motorways driving plus some country lanes and some A &B roads, they are absolutely brilliant in wet, very good in dry and snow and ice just grippy as on dry surface. Most important factor before my purchase was the noise level , and they exceeded my expectation, these tyres are quieter than many summer tyres, which is something unusual. Comfortable, safe, and reasonably priced i can highly recommend them. Fuel efficiency is also not much affected, they are typical euro winter tyres. 👍
7 - tyre reviewed on March 16, 2019