Uniroyal RainExpert

The Uniroyal RainExpert is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Uniroyal RainMax 2

This tyre has been replaced by the Uniroyal RainExpert 3

Tyre review data from 131 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 1,279,762 miles driven.

Latest Group Test Results

2015 Market Overview - Braking Test - 16th of 52 tyres

2015 Auto Bild Top 18 Summer Tyre Test - 18th of 18 tyres

• Positive - Good security reserves against aquaplaning, balanced wet handling.
  • Negative - Understeer and longer braking distances in the dry. Poor wear, high rolling resistance.

2013 54 Tyre Braking Test - 10th of 54 tyres

205/60 R15 95H XL   E B 72 8.34kgs
225/65 R17 102H   E B 71 11.12kgs
245/65 R17 107H   E B 71 14.71kgs

Questions and Answers for the Uniroyal RainExpert

2019-04-04 - In Dec 2016 I bought 4 Uniroyal 'The Rain Tyre' 205/60 R16 HXLMS plus 77. I had asked for winter tyres and the receipt says 'Winter tyres'. I have run them for the last 3 winters but noticed when I changed them this time, that they are called 'The Rain Tyre' (I know, I should ha e noticed this before.) My questions are: 1. Are they suitable for winter motoring? 2. Are they better in winter than summer? I would appreciate your technical expertise. Thanks.

The MS Plus 77 is a winter tyre pattern.

Top 3 Uniroyal RainExpert Reviews

Given 93% while driving a 1988 Polo (155/45 R13) on mostly town for 4,000 easy going miles
I have to be realistic here , since I have a 1988 Polo , but I still take tyre performance very seriously .
I have never bought cheap tyres ,
to me thats a false economy .
How much other drivers value their and other peoples lives is reflected in their choice of tyres .I buy best .
112 - tyre reviewed on September 26, 2017
Given 69% while driving a Vauxhall zafira 1.6 (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
After the original Conti tyres these seem smoother & quieter having a softer side wall, not being high mileage drivers under 10k per year they should last a while, reasonably priced too. Ask me after 20k & I will have a more informed opinion.
13 - tyre reviewed on July 15, 2017
Given 97% while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class (195/65 R15 T) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
Fitted these to my old 300E Merc.Transformed the car,ride is far more comfortable,no wheelspin in the wet,handling great.Highly recommended.
8 - tyre reviewed on December 29, 2011
Have you driven on the Uniroyal RainExpert tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Uniroyal RainExpert? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Uniroyal RainExpert >

Latest Uniroyal RainExpert Reviews

Given 97% while driving a Hyundai Getz (185/60 R14 H) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Amazing Tire with great braking distance and superior handling. Car feels like train on rails! Astonishing grip both on dry and wet surfaces. Driving With these tires is a real pleasure every time, plus they look fantastic, instant rally look! (big fun of V shape tread patterns).. A small con is the fuel economy but it's a small price to pay i think for such a great rubber. I totally love these tires, too bad they are discontinued in many sizes.
1 - tyre reviewed on February 26, 2021
I have never bought cheap tyres ,
to me thats a false economy .
112 - tyre reviewed on September 26, 2017
13 - tyre reviewed on July 15, 2017
Given 89% while driving a Nissan almera 1.5 (185/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
was advised to buy these boots for the front, really good tyres, superb in the wet, grippy in the dry. even in cold conditions they are solid. plenty of feedback. on my 2nd set and the 1st set did 15k and this set is on about 5 and feeling good. will be my 1st choice for front tyres
3 - tyre reviewed on October 26, 2016
Given 79% while driving a Toyota Yaris (185/60 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 9,000 average miles
Very good grip on dry or wet, very comfortable, however, tyre feels too soft, seems to get punctured quite easily as well, due to soft tyre structure. If Uniroyal make the tyre a little bit more stiffer, I might buy again
4 - tyre reviewed on February 19, 2016
Given 71% while driving a Fiat Panda (155/80 R13 T) on mostly town for 20,000 average miles
4 of these on my Fiat Panda 1.1. They have been on my car for slightly over 1 year(Rear tyres about 18 months) and have driven in a wide variety of conditions from winding muddy broken UK country roads to high sustained speeds on the autobahn and also unpaved farm tracks. They have been used in icy conditions but not in snow.

General: Excellent tyre which gives a nice soft ride (probably due to soft side walls) with good progressive grip that lets me know what its doing.
Icy: Not great, managed well in straight lines, but quick to lose traction when breaking.
Wet:Excellent, I always seemed to have as much grip as in the dry. Very impressive.
Mud: Surprisingly good. Aggressive chicane like tread grips well and grip on muddy gravel tracks has been excellent.
Dry:Always seemed very safe and on the occasions when I have taken corners quickly my bravery has always gone before the grip.

Wear: This is more of a mixed review. Rear tyres have been on for about 20000 miles and show little sign of wear, but the front tyres have been on for only 13000 miles and are well over half worn. I rarely drive aggressively and my car does not weigh much so I've found this quite poor. Levels of grip in all conditions bar dry have also decreased at the front as the tyre wears so the review above is only really for tyres under 10000 miles.

Would I buy again: I'm not sure. Previous tyres have lasted for about 25000 miles and performed well despite wear, whereas the rainexperts on the front will likely only manage 18000, maybe 20000 at best and have shown a noticeable decline in performance. Probably I will go for something from a more premium brand, or try all seasons.

Conclusions: Initially a great tyre in all conditions tested, but wears quickly when on driven wheels and performance drops off quickly once half worn in all conditions apart from dry. I would recommend that if you do not rotate your tyres having a pair of these on the rear axle is recommended, but if used on the front axle will need frequent replacement.
2 - tyre reviewed on February 6, 2016
Given 71% while driving a Mazda (195/60 R15 H) on mostly country roads for 20,000 average miles
Fantastic tyre in wet weather, dry grip also very good, tyre a bit noisy but is expected from a rain tyre,tyre wear is also good, I have 25k kms on them now ,will need replacing in the coming weeks , will try Uniroyal rain sport 3 as i have hear good reviews on them, these tyres are not cheap but if you are looking for tyre that is good in the rain/wet weather then I would recommend them
2 - tyre reviewed on November 11, 2015