Barum Bravuris 5HM

The Barum Bravuris 5HM is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Barum Bravuris 3HM.

Tyre review data from 10 tyre reviews averaging 66% over 68,900 miles driven.

The Bravuris 5HM is ranked 100th of 197 Summer Touring tyres.

2021 ADAC Summer Tyre Test - 225/50 R17 - 15th of 17 tyres

• Positive - Low fuel consumption.
  • Negative - Weak in the dry and wet.
  • Overall - The Barum Bravuris 5HM is the worst tyre in dry braking and very weak in the wet. It has very low fuel consumption and slightly better than average wear.

2021 53 Summer Tyre Braking Test - 29th of 53 tyres

2020 Tyre Market Overview Braking Test - 42nd of 49 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Barum Bravuris 5HM
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Barum Bravuris 5HM. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Bravuris 5HM Prices

Top 3 Barum Bravuris 5HM Reviews

Given 75% while driving a Volkswagen Touran 2.0 TDI 170HP DSG (225/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 100 average miles
I recently bought a pair of 4 pcs of bravuris 5hm 225/45/17/Y/XL ,tires are ok the balancing on rim - no problem , I will come back after I make at least 3000km with them.
247 - tyre reviewed on March 22, 2019
Given 69% while driving a Opel Astra H CDTI (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Using about 1000 kms on Opel Astra h 2011 CDTI 1.3.well ballanced on rims.good performance both on dry and wet condition.strong contact on speed limits.tires has soft material rubber.no matter to pay attention for Conti premium contact extra.same performance,only limits are 5 percent less then conti.i reccomend it to buy, new tires are smoking bad, breaking your nose near by car.After 15 days smoke has gone
21 - tyre reviewed on September 8, 2019
Given 57% while driving a Alfa Romeo brera (225/50 R17 W) on mostly town for 5,000 spirited miles
With mainly gridlock city driving front tires are badly worn after only one summer season and around 8000 km tops (probably less than that but I wasn't paying much attention). I do have a heavy foot, but nothing too egregious. No mechanical issues with the car.
13 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2020
Have you driven on the Barum Bravuris 5HM tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Barum Bravuris 5HM? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Barum Bravuris 5HM >

Latest Barum Bravuris 5HM Reviews

Mercedes Benz E220Cdi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 300 average miles
I wear it on my taxi mercedes e220 9G for about 300km now. Went investigating through mercedes taxi owners in company I work with.one colleague wears only Barum 3 years and was highly recommending em.drive them in rain and wet So far so good
3 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2020
Given 48% while driving a Nissan Maxima (245/45 R18) on mostly motorways for 0 spirited miles
On a dry day pulling out into traffic tires give . Wet pavement not impressed. Noiser then my last ( falken ) Felt loose in corners. I should have done more investigation prior to purchase.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 23, 2020
Given 84% while driving a Volkswagen Passat B6 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 30,000 spirited miles
I have 2009 2.0tdi passàt, I have done 30,000miles not kms on them, rotated at 15000, still 2000left on the front. Grip in wet good, dry good, I drive hard into bends. Used on 50% motorway and 50% irish country roads. Am buying again.
6 - tyre reviewed on September 11, 2020
Given 58% while driving a Opel insignia (245/45 R18 W) on mostly town for 2,000 easy going miles
Everything about this tyre is good except braking. Dry braking is horrible even in low speeds. I should add that i check tire pressure every two weeks so that was not the problem.Because mine is a family vehicle for two young children, i changed them asap for Bridgestone T005 and the difference in braking distance was astounding. Too bad, because the Barums are not far behind in comfort, noise, fuel use and handling etc from the bridgestones at almost half the price. But they are dangerous in emergency situations.
4 - tyre reviewed on August 23, 2020
Given 72% while driving a Opel insignia (245/45 R18 W) on mostly town for 500 easy going miles
Good grip and braking on dry though they lack road feedback. Not much experience on wet so far. Really comfortable around town. Good price. 450 euros for all four of them. If they last at least 10.000 to 12.000 miles, i will buy them again.
1 - tyre reviewed on July 6, 2020
Given 54% while driving a Alfa Romeo brera (225/50 R17 W) on mostly town for 5,000 spirited miles
These (front) tires had been worn extensively over a period of just one summer season during which I drove around 8000 km (5000 miles) or even less since I haven't had them on for that whole period. This includes mostly driving in town. They're not worn totally, but to the point that I was suggested to buy another set of front tires for next season. They also told me that I should have rotated them around 10000 km, and were surprised to know that they haven't even reached that. Rear ones are in good shape. Performance is good, but it seems that wear is ridiculous. I do have a heavy foot but nothing too egregious. I need to point out that the car didn't have any mechanical issues and the wear was even on those front tires on my Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2 jts.
9 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2020