Barum Bravuris 5HM

The Barum Bravuris 5HM is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Barum Bravuris 3HM.

Tyre review data from 18 tyre reviews averaging 69% over 116,100 miles driven.

The Bravuris 5HM is ranked 87th of 210 Summer Touring tyres.

2022 ADAC 16" SUV Summer Tyre Test - 13th of 18 tyres

• Positive - None mentioned.
  • Negative - Weakness on dry and wet roads.
  • Overall - The Barum Bravuris 5HM shows slight weaknesses on both dry and wet roads and does not get more than a satisfactory rating in these criteria. Therefore, the tire is classified as recommendable in the sum of its properties. However, its wear behavior is clearly rated as good.

2022 Summer Tyre Market Overview - 44th of 44 tyres

2021 53 Summer Tyre Braking Test - 29th of 53 tyres

2022 Tyre Tests

• 13th: 2022 ADAC 16" SUV Summer Tyre Test (215/60 R16)
  • 44th: 2022 Summer Tyre Market Overview (215/55 R17)
  • 2021 Tyre Tests

• 13th: 2021 Auto Bild 19 inch Summer Tyre Test (235/35 R19)
  • 15th: 2021 ADAC Summer Tyre Test - 225/50 R17 (225/50 R17)
  • 29th: 2021 53 Summer Tyre Braking Test (205/55 R16)
  • 2020 Tyre Tests

• 6th: 2020 SUV 4x4 Summer Tyre Test (255/55 R18)
  • 42nd: 2020 Tyre Market Overview Braking Test (245/45 R18)
  • 2019 Tyre Tests

• 13th: 2019 Summer and All Season Tyre Test (205/55 R16)
  • Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Barum Bravuris 5HM

Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Barum Bravuris 5HM. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Barum Bravuris 5HM Reviews

Given 75% while driving a Volkswagen Touran 2.0 TDI 170HP DSG (225/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 100 average miles
    I recently bought a pair of 4 pcs of bravuris 5hm 225/45/17/Y/XL ,tires are ok the balancing on rim - no problem , I will come back after I make at least 3000km with them.
    Helpful 330 - tyre reviewed on March 22, 2019
    Given 69% while driving a Opel Astra H CDTI (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
    Using about 1000 kms on Opel Astra h 2011 CDTI 1.3.well ballanced on rims.good performance both on dry and wet condition.strong contact on speed limits.tires has soft material rubber.no matter to pay attention for Conti premium contact extra.same performance,only limits are 5 percent less then conti.i reccomend it to buy, new tires are smoking bad, breaking your nose near by car.After 15 days smoke has gone
    Helpful 40 - tyre reviewed on September 8, 2019
    Given 57% while driving a Alfa Romeo brera (225/50 R17 W) on mostly town for 5,000 spirited miles
    With mainly gridlock city driving front tires are badly worn after only one summer season and around 8000 km tops (probably less than that but I wasn't paying much attention). I do have a heavy foot, but nothing too egregious. No mechanical issues with the car.
    Helpful 35 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2020
    Have you driven on the Barum Bravuris 5HM tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Barum Bravuris 5HM? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Barum Bravuris 5HM >

Latest Barum Bravuris 5HM Reviews

Given 57% while driving a BMW 525i (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 7,500 average miles
    I have had these on two separate cars (2008 Audi A4 and E34 BMW 525i) and on both cars I had a tire blow on me while on the highway. I originally bought them because they weren't the cheapest or most expensive so I figured they would be decent but I would never purchase these again. They also seem to lose air easily. I parked my Audi for a few weeks and the tires are all completely flat and the tire pressure doesn't hold great on my BMW either. I would definitely go buy new tires if I hadn't purchased these less than 10k miles ago. I don't recommend these to anyone.
    Helpful 0 - tyre reviewed on November 7, 2022
    Given 63% while driving a Volvo S60 R AWD (/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 12,000 spirited miles
    pros: -price is very low for a more all season performance tire. -firm steering feel. -great straight line grip. - good wear characteristics. - fair noise levels. - does not make a lot of noise when pushed to its limits or when slipping. note awd vehicle. cons: - likes to understeer when pushed. - low cold weather grip. - very low snow and ice grip. - very firm ride does not absorb bumps well. solid performer for the price. tire are not very good at the limit. s60r have a lot of understeer naturally. these tires tire do not grip very well for a vehicle that likes to understeer. ride is firm and sporty. noise is acceptable.
    Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on April 3, 2022
    All Season VS Winter Tyres: What is REALLY Best?! Click to find out!
    Given 90% while driving a Infiniti Q50 (/40 R18) on mostly town for 4,000 average miles
    I've purchased 3 complete sets of these for 3 very different cars: Subaru Legacy 3.6, Infiniti Q50, & Lexus SC430. Combining the overall experience, I'm very pleased with these tires. Cost is very good yet the tire competes with much more expensive products. Road noise is low. Grip (Infiniti) was great in snow. Rain (Subaru) was equally good. Mountain roads (Lexus) were surprisingly good, especially considering the weight of the SC430. I'm almost in need of tires for my 335i & am seriously considering putting these on instead of the more expensive performance tires that are on it now. I recommend these tires. A daily commute car or weekend leisure vehicle will do well.
    Helpful 9 - tyre reviewed on March 25, 2022
    Given 100% while driving a Kia Motors Niro (/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 300 miles
    I just had these Barum Bravuris 5HM tires put on my vehicle, and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with my initial impression of them. I haven't yet driven them in the rain, but the dry grip is great, the ride is smooth even on bumpy roads, and they are quiet at hwy speeds. They are responsive in city and hwy traffic both, and they have a nice smooth ride quality.
    Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2022
    Ford Kuga (/45 R19) on mostly motorways for 400 easy going miles
    First impressions of this tire is that the rubber seams to be quite soft, softer than normal for a summer tire. Car seams to move around on the road more than normal also. Only done 400 miles so far so to early to give any rates. Seam to be comfortable and quiet at 70 mph.
    Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on November 24, 2021
    Given 57% while driving a Ford Mustang gt (/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
    I have these tires on the front. I got the tires in march of 2021 and it is now 6 months and 15,000 miles later they are in need of replacement. most of my driving is done city or highway driving 50 miles a day at the bare minimum. They are pretty good on dry road but when it comes to wet road the tires don't like it. and braking in the rain? for me at least is a no go because i have no abs.
    Helpful 14 - tyre reviewed on September 2, 2021
    Toyota (/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 easy going miles
    Surprised how noisy on some surfaces, very comfortable overall. Lack of feedback at limit is more the car than the tire. Wet traction is not great, wet bracking seems find. For the price hard too beat.
    Helpful 10 - tyre reviewed on August 9, 2021
    Mercedes Benz E220Cdi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 300 average miles
    I wear it on my taxi mercedes e220 9G for about 300km now. Went investigating through mercedes taxi owners in company I work with.one colleague wears only Barum 3 years and was highly recommending em.drive them in rain and wet So far so good
    Helpful 25 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2020
    Given 48% while driving a Nissan Maxima (245/45 R18) on mostly motorways for 0 spirited miles
    On a dry day pulling out into traffic tires give . Wet pavement not impressed. Noiser then my last ( falken ) Felt loose in corners. I should have done more investigation prior to purchase.
    Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on October 23, 2020
    Given 84% while driving a Volkswagen Passat B6 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 30,000 spirited miles
    I have 2009 2.0tdi passàt, I have done 30,000miles not kms on them, rotated at 15000, still 2000left on the front. Grip in wet good, dry good, I drive hard into bends. Used on 50% motorway and 50% irish country roads. Am buying again.
    Helpful 13 - tyre reviewed on September 11, 2020
    Given 58% while driving a Opel insignia (245/45 R18 W) on mostly town for 2,000 easy going miles
    Everything about this tyre is good except braking. Dry braking is horrible even in low speeds. I should add that i check tire pressure every two weeks so that was not the problem.Because mine is a family vehicle for two young children, i changed them asap for Bridgestone T005 and the difference in braking distance was astounding. Too bad, because the Barums are not far behind in comfort, noise, fuel use and handling etc from the bridgestones at almost half the price. But they are dangerous in emergency situations.
    Helpful 11 - tyre reviewed on August 23, 2020
    Given 72% while driving a Opel insignia (245/45 R18 W) on mostly town for 500 easy going miles
    Good grip and braking on dry though they lack road feedback. Not much experience on wet so far. Really comfortable around town. Good price. 450 euros for all four of them. If they last at least 10.000 to 12.000 miles, i will buy them again.
    Helpful 8 - tyre reviewed on July 6, 2020