Fulda SportControl 2

The Fulda SportControl 2 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Fulda again offers high quality German technology at a wallet-friendly price without compromising on performance. The SportControl 2 aims to provide enhanced performance on wet and dry roads.

This tyre replaced the Fulda SportControl

Tyre review data from 16 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 58,200 miles driven.

Latest Group Test Results

2020 Tyre Market Overview Braking Test - 12th of 49 tyres

2020 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Stable driving in the wet, short dry braking distances, good comfort, low rolling resistance.
  • Negative - Average wear, high price.
  • Overall - Good.

2020 ACE Mid Range Summer Tyre Test - 3rd of 9 tyres

• Positive - Short braking and good handling in the wet, good aquaplaning resistance
  • Negative - Relatively expensive
  • Overall - Recommended
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Fulda SportControl 2
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Fulda SportControl 2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Fulda SportControl 2 Reviews

Given 86% while driving a Ford Mondeo (205/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Great tyre. Have been use it for 5 days so far. Very comfortable, and no noise at all! Nothing...Handling is astonished! Dry grip is preety good, dont know nothing about wet grip, didnt have a chance to test it yet. First time i bought Fulda in my life and im really satisfied, for now...
228 - tyre reviewed on March 24, 2017
Given 60% while driving a Audi A4 3.0 litre TDI S Line Quattro (235/45 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I use these tires for 10000 km now. On dry they have average grip, but if at curve you drive with more speed they lose grip very rapid and the control is hard. Bad tire.
114 - tyre reviewed on August 21, 2017
Given 94% while driving a Skoda Octavia estate (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 100 easy going miles
I have no problem recommending these tires compared to my last Bridgestones
50% quieter than my old tires, steering I found lighter and ride is smooth
All round a better ride/drive since I put these tires on.
53 - tyre reviewed on April 27, 2018
Have you driven on the Fulda SportControl 2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Fulda SportControl 2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Fulda SportControl 2 >

Latest Fulda SportControl 2 Reviews

Given 80% while driving a Volvo S80 T4 (235/35 R19 V) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Bought 2nd hand for my ASA TEC GT4 wheels in 235/35/19. Fitted on my 2001 Volvo S80 2.4T with about 230BHP. They impressed me very much, and to be honest I didn't expect much from the tyre. But they are a good all round tyre and at the same being friendly for the wallet because 19 inch tyres don't come cheap (if you want some quality). I don't ask the maximum from tyres, but they are confidence inspiring (in the wet & dry). Im from the Netherlands, the summers are getting a bit hotter, but there is still a lot of rain throughout the year. I will be replacing them soon as they have about 2mm left, but I enjoyed them a lot.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 16, 2021
Given 93% while driving a Kia Motors XCEED, 1.4 T GDI, MT, 2020 (215/55 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 8,000 average miles
I have replaced Michelin energy saver +, with Fulda SportControl 2. Fulda are much better tyres. For me they have a very precise balance of handling, grip and comfort.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 22, 2020
Given 73% while driving a Vauxhall Corsa D (195/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
I did a fair bit of research into choosing these tyres. They have performed really well on the road apart from wear. Had them approx 8-9000 miles on the fronts. Down to 3mm already. My daughter does drive it quite quickly, but had over 11000 miles from the Goodyears. I shall replace them toward the end of the year.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 9, 2020
Given 76% while driving a BMW 120d M sport (245/35 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 300 spirited miles
This tyre performs far better than some of the negative reviews suggests. Just don't mistake it for an UHP tyre. It is very comfortable and extremely quiet with large reserves of grip in both wet and dry conditions. Many tyres are relatively quiet on smooth surfaces, but this tyre makes NO noise on good surfaces. Impressive for a 245 section tyre. Rough surfaces will cause noise, but that goes for any tyre. Even so, it is never intrusive. If you are considering a touring tyre, you should shortlist Fulda Sport Control 2. If you have lots of motorway miles, you should put it high on that list. Not least for the smooth ride, low noise level and 4 wide drainage channels that allow it to deal surprisingly well with standing water. Now, if you crave steering feel...you will, like me, be left wanting. There is plenty of grip, it's just not a talkative tyre...like most touring tyres it masks bumps nicely, as it should...but that same characteristic means it also slurs your steering input and masks feedback. I have not spent the low miles I put on this tyre pootling about, I have pushed it to test it thoroughly. There really is plenty of grip, the tyre just doesn't let you know. Frustrating for any petrol-head. Even so, I would strongly recommend it over most other touring tyres. The safety reserve in grip and the low noise levels are above average. The low rolling resistance is welcome bonus.
3 - tyre reviewed on May 3, 2020
Mercedes Benz (245/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 5,000 spirited miles
I have driven them for 7000km on E55 AMG in Summer mostly fast on dry curvy Autobahn. Very good handling ( Not to light, precise). Very good grip when warmed up. Top comfort and quiet. Wear was normal. Changed them because they become to old for me. In comparison to my new Hankook s1 evo3 they where much better from the comfort. The evo3 is extemely hard even at normal tirepressure and gives to light Steuerung feel. Perhaps i change Back to Fulda.
3 - tyre reviewed on April 21, 2020
Given 93% while driving a BMW 320D (255/35 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Excellent tyre with excellent handling and comfort. The quality of these tyres are incredible, and they are made in Germany!!! My last tyres were Bridgestones, and they were rough and loud. I was thinking about Continentals, but they are made in Romania! No thanks!
Anyways these Fulda Tyres are the best kept secret! They deserve to be in the Premium Section of tyres.
19 - tyre reviewed on April 25, 2019
Given 100% while driving a BMW 520d Tourer (245/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
a+++
31 - tyre reviewed on October 20, 2018
I have no problem recommending these tires compared to my last Bridgestones
50% quieter than my old tires, steering I found lighter and ride is smooth
All round a better ride/drive since I put these tires on.
53 - tyre reviewed on April 27, 2018