Cooper Zeon CS8

The Cooper Zeon CS8 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 182,100 miles driven.

The Zeon CS8 is ranked 8th of 130 Summer Ultra High Performance tyres.

2021 53 Summer Tyre Braking Test - 26th of 53 tyres

2019 SUV 4x4 Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good dry grip.
  • Negative - Poor wet handling, grip and long wet braking distances.
  • Overall - Conditionally Recommended.

2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout - 29th of 45 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Cooper Zeon CS8

Questions and Answers for the Cooper Zeon CS8

2018-10-04 - Who Makes Cooper Zeon CS8 Tyres.

Cooper make the Cooper Zeon CS8.

Zeon CS8 Prices

Top 3 Cooper Zeon CS8 Reviews

Given 96% while driving a Mazda 3 2.2D 150 (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
These are a new model for 2016 and as there are no reviews yet, I thought I will write something short...

In 2 words - buy with confidence - the tires are great and I would say they definitively match their EU label.

I only had them for around 2k km but already had the opportunity to test them in heavy rain on the freeway, on wet road and on of course on dry. They have been great in all conditions so far, offering perfect grip and great braking, especially impressive on wet. They are comfortable and quiet. They are replacing a set of Toyo Proxies CF2, and even though Toyos were no doubt good too, I feel these better on breaking, especially on wet. So far I am liking them, so if in doubt, take the chance - I think you will not regret, especially for the price.
64 - tyre reviewed on April 13, 2016
Given 47% while driving a Ford S Max (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
These tyres have managed 10,000 miles on my S-Max and I’m not going to buy them again. The first two thirds of their life seemed fine, but after about 5,000 miles road noise started to increase noticeably and shortly after that wet grip started to worsen. They wore from 3mm to illegal in the last 750 miles. The innovative wear blocks on the shoulders still showed 50% when the tread across the tyre was below the legal limit, so do not buy them for their supposedly innovative features. The Cooper Zeon CS8 is most definite not worth the money.
16 - tyre reviewed on January 29, 2018
Given 96% while driving a SEAT Ibiza cupra sport 16v gti (215/45 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 48,000 miles
Hi i wanted avons an got sold these instead
I never heard of them but brought into the garages sale tactics
Turns out there great
Got 48.000 miles out of the fronts still at 1.8mm
Rears are still 4mm
The side wall starting to look a bit flakey
Great tyres
10 - tyre reviewed on December 31, 2018
Have you driven on the Cooper Zeon CS8 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Cooper Zeon CS8? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Cooper Zeon CS8 >

Latest Cooper Zeon CS8 Reviews

Given 91% while driving a Alfa Romeo GTV (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
replaced some avons with these on my Alfa GTV 2.0 t spark there a lot better super peaceful in the car stick to the road well in the dry and very good in some monsoon condition we had in Cornwall this week if they last 20k will be super happy . avons lasted 15 .000 . very happy so far
1 - tyre reviewed on October 1, 2021
Given 97% while driving a Audi A4 Allroad (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 25,000 average miles
Found these tyres excellent in dry and wet weather. The wear rate is also very impressive. Nice comfortable drive and low noise levels. Would definitely buy again.
2 - tyre reviewed on July 1, 2021
Given 79% while driving a Mazda Mx5 2008 (205/55 R16) on mostly town for 27,000 average miles
After 43k I must say that they hold on pretty good. I think that they could at least last another 20k. Dry and wet grip are still safe but not as good as new. Traction is I think where they have lost the most. Comparing to the Dunlop rt I used to have these are holding on better. I had to change the dunlop after 3 years and 35k. If I had to choose between them I would get the Cooper's
1 - tyre reviewed on March 20, 2020
Given 89% while driving a Vauxhall Astra (225/50 R17) on mostly motorways for 25,000 spirited miles
I do 25k a year mostly on the motorway. I have driven in all weathers with these tires and i am very happy with them. Excellent in the wet. Good dry grip, just got a new pair on the front after 25+k
2 - tyre reviewed on March 26, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Volvo V70 2.0D (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
I’ve just fitted a front pair to replace Michelin Primacy 3 that were down to about 2mm, giving a noticeably long stopping distance. I thought a lot about whether to stick with Michelins due to advice from mechanics and a bit of brand snobbery. These were 40 quid less per tyre though and had good reviews so went for it.

They went on just as the temperature was dropping to single figures, so worried if I should’ve actually put on winter tyres. No need - these are excellent. They give a confident, grippy feel in both wet and dry conditions and a comfortable ride.
I’m used to Michelin, Continental and Goodyear and these are definitely up there with all of those.

I can’t comment on wear as they’re only a month old. So far, so good though.
8 - tyre reviewed on December 25, 2017
Given 87% while driving a Mercedes Benz SLK 230 (225/50 R16) on mostly town for 1,500 spirited miles
I have these fitted to two SLK's having grown to like them on one first.
To be honest, they are not pretty, looking somewhat agricultural with tread rolling up the sidewalls a bit too much. But then that's there to aid the wet handing thing I guess so a small price to pay as in such conditions they are brilliant.
The SLK's are not a car that feeds tyre feel back to the driver much. But, as that means you have to have some faith in the tyre, by leaving it to do its thing without letting you know much about it, I've found these have given me that confidence quickly. In the wet there's little difference in the sensation of sure footedness, and far fewer flashes from the traction control indicator when pulling away firmly than previous tyres.
We like them, plus the free replacement accidental damage thing is something we've used a couple of times on other cars which is a real plus to have from Cooper Tyres.
8 - tyre reviewed on December 8, 2017
Given 81% while driving a Mazda Mazda Miata (205/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
I can only compare this tyre with the previous I had. I actualy changed tyre profile going from 205/50/16 to 205/55/16 mainly for economy reasons and because I wanted a bit more ground clearence. My previous tyres were the Dunlop RT. The good stuff: even though of a higher profile the steering response is much much better than the Dunlop. It seems to be a bit more economical. Not noisy. Wet grip and braking is sufficiently good. Although I have them on for just 2000miles they seem to have good wear rate(no wear at all but just city driving). The bad: these are not comfortable tyres and not as progressive at the limit. Dry grip is not as good but good.
9 - tyre reviewed on December 19, 2016
Given 94% while driving a Citroën C2 VTS (195/45 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 600 easy going miles
Hello from Bulgaria!
I pleased to review my 4 new tyres by Coopertires. I put them 5 days ago and roll them over 1000km. First thing I felt was the real grip and feel of the road in wet conditions.
My C2 was very noisy with my previous tyres, Zeon CS8 i can say honestly brought back the comfort of this small hothatch. Very quiet, very smooth ride.
The only bad side I felt was slightly increased fuel consuption, but I blame the good grip on the road.
I suspect these tyres won't last 3 or 4 summer seasons, but they are acceptable choice with very reasonable price.
I review them only on dry/wet grip, comfort, road feedback and buy again.
9 - tyre reviewed on April 30, 2016