Hankook Winter i cept RS2

The Hankook Winter i cept RS2 is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 41 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 295,800 miles driven.

The Winter i cept RS2 is ranked 29th of 50 Winter Premium Touring tyres.

2021 Winter Tyre Market Overview - 3rd of 49 tyres

2021 Auto Bild Winter Tyre Test - 6th of 22 tyres

• Positive - Top performance in snow and wet conditions, very good aquaplaning resistance, short wet braking distances, well priced.
  • Negative - Understeer in the dry.

2021 Auto Express Winter Tyre Test - 3rd of 8 tyres

• Positive - the I*Cept RS2 is very good in the dry, wet and snow.
  • Negative - High rolling resistance and cabin noise.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Winter i cept RS2

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Winter i cept RS2

2017-10-10 - I would like to know when this mid-life update was implemented ... Which date code to look on tyres sidewalls ? Actually I m on a set of RS2 dating week 39of 2015 . I ll get another set for sure if i get an answer for this

Unfortunately we don't have any specific date information for a mid-life update for the Hankook Winter i cept RS2.

Winter i cept RS2 Prices

Top 3 Hankook Winter i cept RS2 Reviews

Given 93% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 6 GT (205/55 R16 T) on a combination of roads for 39,000 easy going miles
Excellent grip of the tires. I expected more comfortable, and safe. I would recommend, quality tires
271 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2016
Given 75% while driving a Mercedes Benz A (185/60 R15 T) on mostly town for 0 spirited miles
On a 2004 W168, these are soft, easy to drive, have just enough feedback but are not a sport tyre. They grip very well in snow and have excellent traction off the line, as well as reasonably good brake performance. They are not as good in turns, but are in no way bad either. On wet they offer very reasonable performance and are very good at braking. They are worth well over their price tag and considering the quality of other tyres in the same range, the Hankooks are the winner.
27 - tyre reviewed on February 7, 2017
Given 90% while driving a Dacia Logan (185/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 3,500 easy going miles
Very good traction and braking distance on wet and dry surfaces on a Dacia Logan PH1 without ABS or ESP.
Hardly no wear after driving 5600 km (~3500 miles) mainly on motorways and cities.
The only downside is that they are pretty noisy after 110 kmh (~60 mph).
25 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2017
Have you driven on the Hankook Winter i cept RS2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Hankook Winter i cept RS2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Hankook Winter i cept RS2 >

Latest Hankook Winter i cept RS2 Reviews

Given 80% while driving a Ford Fiesta mk7 (185/60 R14) on a combination of roads for 300 easy going miles
Happy new year!! It is the the first time i buy Hankook tyres and my previous winter tyres were the Goodyear Ultragrip 9. Dry grip is very good and wet grip is excellent.The temperature in Greece is quite high,so i have no experience about snow and ice grip.It is too early to say something about the wear.The disadvantage of this set of tyres is the comfort which is below the average and the noise. I think it is the noisiest tyre i have ever had.The price is very good.
2 - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2022
Given 88% while driving a Dacia Logan (185/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 500 easy going miles
Very good quality@performance/price ratio. Very silent. I bought them based on very good reviews and I congratulate myself. In my opinion, they are best buy. Still not tested on snow/ice.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 25, 2021
Want the best Performance summer tyre? Click here!
Given 83% while driving a SEAT Leon 1.9TDi (205/55 R16) on mostly town for 100 spirited miles
For the price these tyres are amazing. Dry grip is really good, wet grip is phenomenal (really feel safe driving this tures), snow grip - can't say much there isn't a lot of snow in our country. Comfot is something that a I will point out as a good thing, don't expect this tyre to be quiet as Michelin ones, but the noise is not irritating. Feels like a tire made for Central European weather with wet and cold dry asphalt mostly in the winter. Will add more details at end of life of the tires.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 16, 2021
Given 85% while driving a Ford Fiesta (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I exchanged my summer tyres to Hankook tire and even on dry road i did not feel the difference. The car was virtually the same. Compared to summer tires of Michelin manufacturer that I had previously mounted on my vehicle, they are a little bit louder, but it is normal for any winter tyre. Larger differences appear wet or snow-covered roads. Of course, for the benefit of winter tires. You can feel confident that the car holds the road well, no problems with moving off, and even braking is satisfactory I think that these tires are the best choice if you want to buy good tires at an affordable price. I do recommend these tires to everybody.
1 - tyre reviewed on September 10, 2021
Given 59% while driving a Opel Astra J 1.7 CDTI (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Good wet handling and breaking. The grip, handling and breaking on ice/ snow is bellow expected performance. Living in Latvia - maybe good option for city driving in winters but definitely would not recommend for areas with heavy and constant snow.
9 - tyre reviewed on September 1, 2021
Given 91% while driving a Volkswagen Golf (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 6,500 average miles
First of for I’d like to say for the price they are the best winter tires. Comfort is superb and wear is literally nonexistent, grip on wet and dry during doing some rough starts can be trouble the ABS pops up right away but afterwards it is great. The only issue I have had was like someone else mentioned in mixture of snow muddy surfaces it would go sideways but that was on a bit of steep road so it is understandable. Either way would definitely recommend cheap comfortable great tire overall.
2 - tyre reviewed on May 18, 2021
Given 73% while driving a Volkswagen Passat B5.5 1.9 TDi 130bhp highline (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Great quality-price. Very good in dry.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 11, 2021
Given 83% while driving a Dacia Sandero Stepway DCI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,500 spirited miles
I strongly recommend these tires. My previous ones were Pirelli. I can say the driving comfort is really good and very quiet on the road compared to Pirelli. Fuel consumption is not high, I feel that I can ride a little bit more than before. I believe that they are very economical. The Hankook tires never disappoint me. They are doing very well in snow, slush and really well on icy roads, plus other demanding winter conditions. They are very durable. Braking distance on a wet or ice surface is very good but if you start quickly, they sometimes squeal. If I had to purchase some winter tyres again, I would go for the Hankook tires again without any doubts. What is more, their price is really reasonable.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 13, 2021
Given 52% while driving a Ford Fiesta mk7 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 2,500 average miles
ABS kicks in easily with those tires in compare to Michelin Alpin A3. Athough on snow is on compare with Michelin A3. Black ice is killer for i*cept 2 (didn't have that with Michelin Alpin A3s, actually I didn't know what is black ice until Hankooks. You will understeer or oversteer (if you are lucky) in second. Oversteer is correctable on these, if you have snappy hands and car for that. Car is Fiesta mk7 1.25 82hp.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 20, 2021
Given 96% while driving a BMW 3 (215/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
This is my first winter season with these tyres. Bought them after reading all the good reviews they've received. They have excellent dry and wet grip. I haven't experienced extreme winter conditions with them yet, but there was no problem with the small amount of snow we've had. Feedback, comfort and wear is also good. I see some have mentioned noise issues, over my driving years I've used several high end makes of winter tyre including Goodyear, Michelin, Pirelli and I can honestly say these have been one of the quietest I've driven on, maybe lower tyre profiles makes the difference? I would have no issue buying these again.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 17, 2021
Given 56% while driving a SEAT Leon ST FR 2.0tdi 150 (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 600 average miles
Dry and wet grip are OK. But they are pretty loud(eaven at low speeds), not comfortable and are very firm(feel every hole). In snow pretty solid. No aquaplaning eaven at higher speeds. The car is more comfortable on 18" summer tyres or my old winters tyres also 18" than now on 16". Fuel consumption is bad between 1-2l/100km more then on 18"(winter or summer). Im not gonna but them again the high noise level, fuel consumption and the stiffness of the ride is just a no go for me.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 17, 2021
Given 91% while driving a Alfa Romeo Giulietta (225/45 R17 V) on mostly town for 0 average miles
Great winter tyres, on dry these Hankook's are like summer tyres, grip is excellent. On wet there is no problem, even with a few cm of water was no big deal but that wasn't at highway speed, up to 80kmph. Snow traction is superb, no problem in deep snow but I've only ever had only one trip on snow so it is hard to fully judge how they will cope on ice They are comfortable, very quiet compared to my summer tyres. Will certainly buy again definitely. 10/10
0 - tyre reviewed on January 15, 2021