Hankook Winter i cept RS2

The Hankook Winter i cept RS2 is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 33 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 273,900 miles driven.

Latest Group Test Results

2020 ADAC Winter Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 - 4th of 15 tyres

• Positive - Very balanced, good on dry, wet and snow-covered roads, low fuel consumption.
  • Negative - None mentioned.

2020 Auto Express Winter Tyre Test - 2nd of 9 tyres

• Positive - Excellent wet grip, high aquaplaning resistance, good in the snw.
  • Negative - High rolling resistance, increased noise.
  • Overall - A return to form for the I*Cept RS2, largely thanks to a strong wet performance.

2020 Auto Zeitung Winter Tyre Test - 4th of 14 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Winter i cept RS2

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Winter i cept RS2

2017-10-10 - I would like to know when this mid-life update was implemented ... Which date code to look on tyres sidewalls ? Actually I m on a set of RS2 dating week 39of 2015 . I ll get another set for sure if i get an answer for this

Unfortunately we don't have any specific date information for a mid-life update for the Hankook Winter i cept RS2.

Top Hankook Winter i cept RS2 Review

Given 93% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 6 GT (205/55 R16 T) on a combination of roads for 39,000 easy going miles
Excellent grip of the tires. I expected more comfortable, and safe. I would recommend, quality tires
261 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2016

Latest Hankook Winter i cept RS2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Hankook Winter i cept RS2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Hankook Winter i cept RS2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Hankook Winter i cept RS2 >>

Given 52% while driving a Ford Fiesta mk7 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 2,500 average miles
ABS kicks in easily with those tires in compare to Michelin Alpin A3. Athough on snow is on compare with Michelin A3. Black ice is killer for i*cept 2 (didn't have that with Michelin Alpin A3s, actually I didn't know what is black ice until Hankooks. You will understeer or oversteer (if you are lucky) in second. Oversteer is correctable on these, if you have snappy hands and car for that. Car is Fiesta mk7 1.25 82hp.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 20, 2021
Given 96% while driving a BMW 3 (215/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
This is my first winter season with these tyres. Bought them after reading all the good reviews they've received. They have excellent dry and wet grip. I haven't experienced extreme winter conditions with them yet, but there was no problem with the small amount of snow we've had. Feedback, comfort and wear is also good. I see some have mentioned noise issues, over my driving years I've used several high end makes of winter tyre including Goodyear, Michelin, Pirelli and I can honestly say these have been one of the quietest I've driven on, maybe lower tyre profiles makes the difference? I would have no issue buying these again.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 17, 2021
Trying to pick the very best winter tyre? Watch this!
Given 56% while driving a SEAT Leon ST FR 2.0tdi 150 (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 600 average miles
Dry and wet grip are OK. But they are pretty loud(eaven at low speeds), not comfortable and are very firm(feel every hole). In snow pretty solid. No aquaplaning eaven at higher speeds. The car is more comfortable on 18" summer tyres or my old winters tyres also 18" than now on 16". Fuel consumption is bad between 1-2l/100km more then on 18"(winter or summer). Im not gonna but them again the high noise level, fuel consumption and the stiffness of the ride is just a no go for me.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 17, 2021
Given 91% while driving a Alfa Romeo Giulietta (225/45 R17 V) on mostly town for 0 average miles
Great winter tyres, on dry these Hankook's are like summer tyres, grip is excellent. On wet there is no problem, even with a few cm of water was no big deal but that wasn't at highway speed, up to 80kmph. Snow traction is superb, no problem in deep snow but I've only ever had only one trip on snow so it is hard to fully judge how they will cope on ice They are comfortable, very quiet compared to my summer tyres. Will certainly buy again definitely. 10/10
0 - tyre reviewed on January 15, 2021
Given 98% while driving a Audi A3 2.0T quattro (215/40 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 18,000 spirited miles
FANTASTIC TYRES - AS GOOD AS THE MORE EXPENSIVE BRANDS - BUY WITH CONFIDENCE 10/10
0 - tyre reviewed on January 15, 2021