Hankook Winter i cept RS2

The Hankook Winter i cept RS2 is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 34 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 279,400 miles driven.

The Winter i cept RS2 is ranked 22nd of 39 Winter Premium Touring tyres.

2020 Auto Express Winter Tyre Test - 2nd of 9 tyres

• Positive - Excellent wet grip, high aquaplaning resistance, good in the snw.
  • Negative - High rolling resistance, increased noise.
  • Overall - A return to form for the I*Cept RS2, largely thanks to a strong wet performance.

2020 ADAC Winter Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 - 4th of 15 tyres

• Positive - Very balanced, good on dry, wet and snow-covered roads, low fuel consumption.
  • Negative - None mentioned.

The Best Winter Tyres for 2020 - 3rd of 19 tyres

• Positive - The Hankook Winter I'Cept RS2 is a well balance, well priced winter tyre with good grip in all conditions, especially the wet.
  • Negative - Average fuel use.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Winter i cept RS2

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Winter i cept RS2

2017-10-10 - I would like to know when this mid-life update was implemented ... Which date code to look on tyres sidewalls ? Actually I m on a set of RS2 dating week 39of 2015 . I ll get another set for sure if i get an answer for this

Unfortunately we don't have any specific date information for a mid-life update for the Hankook Winter i cept RS2.

Winter i cept RS2 Prices

Top 3 Hankook Winter i cept RS2 Reviews

Given 93% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 6 GT (205/55 R16 T) on a combination of roads for 39,000 easy going miles
Excellent grip of the tires. I expected more comfortable, and safe. I would recommend, quality tires
261 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2016
Given 90% while driving a Dacia Logan (185/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 3,500 easy going miles
Very good traction and braking distance on wet and dry surfaces on a Dacia Logan PH1 without ABS or ESP.
Hardly no wear after driving 5600 km (~3500 miles) mainly on motorways and cities.
The only downside is that they are pretty noisy after 110 kmh (~60 mph).
23 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2017
Given 75% while driving a Mercedes Benz A (185/60 R15 T) on mostly town for 0 spirited miles
On a 2004 W168, these are soft, easy to drive, have just enough feedback but are not a sport tyre. They grip very well in snow and have excellent traction off the line, as well as reasonably good brake performance. They are not as good in turns, but are in no way bad either. On wet they offer very reasonable performance and are very good at braking. They are worth well over their price tag and considering the quality of other tyres in the same range, the Hankooks are the winner.
23 - tyre reviewed on February 7, 2017
Have you driven on the Hankook Winter i cept RS2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Hankook Winter i cept RS2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Hankook Winter i cept RS2 >

Latest Hankook Winter i cept RS2 Reviews

Given 83% while driving a Dacia Sandero Stepway DCI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,500 spirited miles
I strongly recommend these tires. My previous ones were Pirelli. I can say the driving comfort is really good and very quiet on the road compared to Pirelli. Fuel consumption is not high, I feel that I can ride a little bit more than before. I believe that they are very economical. The Hankook tires never disappoint me. They are doing very well in snow, slush and really well on icy roads, plus other demanding winter conditions. They are very durable. Braking distance on a wet or ice surface is very good but if you start quickly, they sometimes squeal. If I had to purchase some winter tyres again, I would go for the Hankook tires again without any doubts. What is more, their price is really reasonable.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 13, 2021
Given 52% while driving a Ford Fiesta mk7 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 2,500 average miles
ABS kicks in easily with those tires in compare to Michelin Alpin A3. Athough on snow is on compare with Michelin A3. Black ice is killer for i*cept 2 (didn't have that with Michelin Alpin A3s, actually I didn't know what is black ice until Hankooks. You will understeer or oversteer (if you are lucky) in second. Oversteer is correctable on these, if you have snappy hands and car for that. Car is Fiesta mk7 1.25 82hp.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 20, 2021
Given 96% while driving a BMW 3 (215/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
This is my first winter season with these tyres. Bought them after reading all the good reviews they've received. They have excellent dry and wet grip. I haven't experienced extreme winter conditions with them yet, but there was no problem with the small amount of snow we've had. Feedback, comfort and wear is also good. I see some have mentioned noise issues, over my driving years I've used several high end makes of winter tyre including Goodyear, Michelin, Pirelli and I can honestly say these have been one of the quietest I've driven on, maybe lower tyre profiles makes the difference? I would have no issue buying these again.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 17, 2021
Given 56% while driving a SEAT Leon ST FR 2.0tdi 150 (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 600 average miles
Dry and wet grip are OK. But they are pretty loud(eaven at low speeds), not comfortable and are very firm(feel every hole). In snow pretty solid. No aquaplaning eaven at higher speeds. The car is more comfortable on 18" summer tyres or my old winters tyres also 18" than now on 16". Fuel consumption is bad between 1-2l/100km more then on 18"(winter or summer). Im not gonna but them again the high noise level, fuel consumption and the stiffness of the ride is just a no go for me.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 17, 2021
Given 91% while driving a Alfa Romeo Giulietta (225/45 R17 V) on mostly town for 0 average miles
Great winter tyres, on dry these Hankook's are like summer tyres, grip is excellent. On wet there is no problem, even with a few cm of water was no big deal but that wasn't at highway speed, up to 80kmph. Snow traction is superb, no problem in deep snow but I've only ever had only one trip on snow so it is hard to fully judge how they will cope on ice They are comfortable, very quiet compared to my summer tyres. Will certainly buy again definitely. 10/10
0 - tyre reviewed on January 15, 2021
Given 98% while driving a Audi A3 2.0T quattro (215/40 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 18,000 spirited miles
FANTASTIC TYRES - AS GOOD AS THE MORE EXPENSIVE BRANDS - BUY WITH CONFIDENCE 10/10
0 - tyre reviewed on January 15, 2021
Given 100% while driving a Peugeot 308 1.6 HDi (205/55 R16 H) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Excellent tyres, have used hankook tyres for several years now and can't fault them, I used to swear by Goodyear tyres but not any more. Superb grip in the snow/slush, wet and dry roads. totally transformed the car in the colder months. I reckon for the price you can't beat these.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 11, 2021
Given 100% while driving a Peugeot 308 1.6 e HDI (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 21,000 spirited miles
These are the dog's ba**ock's, by far one of the better winter tyres out there, superb grip in all weather conditions, low noise and great road feedback. Over the years I've used several makes of winter tyres and I have to say the hankook W452 are one of the better ones. I can't comment on how they would perform if you were to continue driving during in the summer months as some people do, I always swap them for my summer set but in the cold winter months, I wouldn't be without them, plus the wife refuses to drive the car without them being fitted.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 8, 2021
Given 100% while driving a Audi A3 Sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Absolutely fantastic tyres, just wouldn't be without them during the winter months. This is my 2nd year/season of them and they're still in great shape with ample tread left and the rubber is still soft and flexible as winter tyres should be compared to some other makes out there. I find them to be excellent in wet and dry conditions and outstanding in snow. Honestly I can't fault these tyres in any way, shape or form. I will be certainly buying the same tyres again if they are still available when the time comes to replace them. I've used Michelin, Nokian and Goodyear winter tyres in the past but I can assure you these are these are just as good if not better in my opinion.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 7, 2021
Given 100% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 12,000 spirited miles
I absolutely swear by these tyres, used them on my ford focus for several years now and wouldn't be without them during the winter. Superb grip during the wet/sleety roads during our lovely Scottish winter weather. Far superior to some of the cheaper Chinese tyres I've used in the past. Do yourself a favour during winter time and buy yourself a set of these, you won't be disappointed. I cant recommend them enough.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 7, 2021
Given 70% while driving a Ford 05 Mondeo 185 (modded) diesel (195/45 R16 H) on for 0 miles
i enjoy driving on wet roads more than on dry with this tire. No problem driving on limit in wet.
5 - tyre reviewed on December 13, 2020
Given 98% while driving a Honda Accord (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
Excellent winter tyer in wet and dry condition, good in snow, doesen't try them in snow, but i don't drive in snow conditon, because my car is very low and the ice and snow under the car might be a problem, but in dry and wet they are excelent, verry good :), i'm very happy with them.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 8, 2020